Ok what's with all the locked topics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nail1080

So if I get how the mods work around here, if a topic is finished instead of just letting it die some power hungry mod has to lock it? It seems really silly and pointless...

At the end of locked topics I always see some mod say, "Ughh this discussion has run its course so best lock it up". Can't you let the users themselves decide when a topic is locked instead of being so abrupt?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Locked.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

While I agree with you in part, I think that the mods have done some bad things, but locking these topics isn't one of them. 
They generally lock a topic when the OP has started no discussion and the users just stray off-topic. They generally let old topics stay open if it raises some good questions or sparks an interesting discussion.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

They're terrible threads. So they get locked. Seems simple enough.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seedofpower
@CL60: Lol

Well, most of those topics already have about 5 duplicates on on 5 different forums on the site or the person is starting a conversation that is fucking meaningless like this one.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Rowr

haha u suck. This shits more pointless than anything ive seen locked today.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Pie
@Drebin_893 said:
" While I agree with you in part, I think that the mods have done some bad things, but locking these topics isn't one of them. They generally lock a topic when the OP has started no discussion and the users just stray off-topic. They generally let old topics stay open if it raises some good questions or sparks an interesting discussion. "
OMZG THEY BANNEZ MOOSEY + DIS!1!1!1!1!
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nail1080

They're not all terrible threads. I've seen many a thread where people are actually talk rather than the usual dead atmosphere of these forums but they get locked as mods obviously don't want any entertaining threads and prefer when the forums are quiet. They're not doing the site any favours

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lowbrow

Really, this is worth its own thread?

When a threads discussion value has run its course, the thread gets locked.

Much in the same way I imagine this one will soon be.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Hamz

If you have a complaint or issue regarding a specific incident or action taken by a Moderator then feel free to contact the Mod in question or any of the others, or if you feel it is required then contact a member of Staff and we'll gladly discuss the issue.

For the record we tend to lock topics that are either pointless spam, devolving into mindless flaming or have otherwise served their purpose.