Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

But it's still quite disappointing.

The reason is because of how repetitive and broken the combat and AI is. In the earlier gameplay videos, there were epic chase scenes with you and the enemy. Why do you have to be chased when you can just get on your Jeep's turret in the touch of a button and dominate their asses? Plus, enemy Jeeps will constantly spawn and run into your vehicle for some freaking reason. I just kill them and think, 'How in God's name did they know I was in my current location and that I was a bad guy before I even attacked them?' It's just odd.

Plus, the Health system is a major disappointment in my eyes too. In the earlier gameplay videos, you constantly took bullets out of your hand, arm, shoe, and ass. Now to make the little kiddies actually enjoy the game, you have magic needles that replenish your health from too and frow. Very rarely will you actually do surgical activities on your self.

It's impossible to be stealthy. Your enemies have the eye sight of an eagle, even in the dark. If I peek out of my hiding spot for less then three seconds, expect the whole enemy outpost to be full of burned grass, gunshots, and explosions.

Now for the multiplayer: It isn't bad, but it gets quite boring in less then two hours. The custom map making is great, but since the multiplayer itself only has 16 players in total, medium sized maps will barely have any players to kill. A game like this needs 32 or 64 player mayhem. Sadly, even the PC version doesn't carry this amount of players. DOUCHE'S WILD!!!

Despite all these flaws, the single player's ground combat and environments make me awe. I just love it when bullets whiz by my head then I have to crouch-dash to some cover. The result of battle is nature being burned to a crisp and corpses laying around my area. I just wish there were more enemies to fight.

NOTE: Dead Space video review is still in development. I will start writing it today. I promise. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But it's still quite disappointing.

The reason is because of how repetitive and broken the combat and AI is. In the earlier gameplay videos, there were epic chase scenes with you and the enemy. Why do you have to be chased when you can just get on your Jeep's turret in the touch of a button and dominate their asses? Plus, enemy Jeeps will constantly spawn and run into your vehicle for some freaking reason. I just kill them and think, 'How in God's name did they know I was in my current location and that I was a bad guy before I even attacked them?' It's just odd.

Plus, the Health system is a major disappointment in my eyes too. In the earlier gameplay videos, you constantly took bullets out of your hand, arm, shoe, and ass. Now to make the little kiddies actually enjoy the game, you have magic needles that replenish your health from too and frow. Very rarely will you actually do surgical activities on your self.

It's impossible to be stealthy. Your enemies have the eye sight of an eagle, even in the dark. If I peek out of my hiding spot for less then three seconds, expect the whole enemy outpost to be full of burned grass, gunshots, and explosions.

Now for the multiplayer: It isn't bad, but it gets quite boring in less then two hours. The custom map making is great, but since the multiplayer itself only has 16 players in total, medium sized maps will barely have any players to kill. A game like this needs 32 or 64 player mayhem. Sadly, even the PC version doesn't carry this amount of players. DOUCHE'S WILD!!!

Despite all these flaws, the single player's ground combat and environments make me awe. I just love it when bullets whiz by my head then I have to crouch-dash to some cover. The result of battle is nature being burned to a crisp and corpses laying around my area. I just wish there were more enemies to fight.

NOTE: Dead Space video review is still in development. I will start writing it today. I promise. :)

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

The health system was always like that. In terms of stealth, it's not impossible to be stealthy. You just, you know, have to have some sort of minor skill.

In terms of multiplayer, I find it to be excellent.

Each to his own.

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Artie

I found the controls of Far Cry 2 atrocious. I couldn't have any fun with it in the few hours I got to play before my 360 died.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By AthleticShark

The PC version is WAY worse with controls.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By diz

I quite liked it. Although I agree that some of the enemy AI was bad. The game is also very long if you take all the buddy side quests on and it can get quite repetetive. I think I spent about 30 hours completing it.

I also don't get the 2 single player areas - they seemed really similar, although both were fairly huge. My main gripes with the game are: 1. The enemy armoured trucks stupidly always drive straight up to your truck's bumpers - usually resulting in dead enemies, but can sometimes cause unfair player death too. I got stuck in scenery twice and the game crashed twice too. 

The diamond-hunting detours were a chore - some required ridiculous platform  jumping (also resulting in unfair death more than once) but essential to buy those "game changing" guns and weapons loadouts. Camo suits and darts guns make stealth possible, while mortar and grenade guns really announce your arrival at those enemy roadblocks!

I loved the scenery and the opressive unrelenting storyline. I found the controls responsive and the graphics (with beautiful dawns and sunsets, and fully adjustible time) were very detailed, with jungle, dessert and forts and various villages beatifully realised. I loved tha Afraicaan accents. the double crossing and somewhat open-ended mission structure was quite engrossing, although getting malaria attacks in the middle of a firefight got quite annoying at times.

I can't understand why Bradley hasn't reviewed it yet... I'd give it a good 4 stars (in contrast to me thinking BOARTHH would have just scraped 3 stars).
ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ltcoljaxson
HellBound said:
"The PC version is WAY worse with controls."
?

The PC has the best controls of all, mouse and keyboard. You realize you can change them if you don't like the setup?
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Black_Raven

I knew Far Cry 2 was going to be a disappointment, I said it all along...

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AthleticShark

LT:
It doesn't matter, they still suck. You can;t toggle crouch and aim. Trust me, they blow.

ltcoljaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ltcoljaxson
HellBound said:
"LT:
It doesn't matter, they still suck. You can;t toggle crouch and aim. Trust me, they blow."
You can crouch and aim on PC?

I do it most of the time...
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By DualReaver
LtColJaxson said:
"HellBound said:
"LT:
It doesn't matter, they still suck. You can;t toggle crouch and aim. Trust me, they blow."
You can crouch and aim on PC?

I do it most of the time..."
You can't toggle crouch and aim.