#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Where the hell did he come from? There was a short while I wasn't in Giantbomb so I never got the story on him coming over here or anything. I've been back for a while now and he is awesome like the rest of the crew but I just got curious now as to how he came about.

Thanks,

#2 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

Well, when a man and a woman love each other very much...

#3 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I'd never heard about him before he showed up here but he has quite a reputation as a games journalist, I mean they were bragging about hiring him, don't remember the details however

#4 Posted by dudeglove (7758 posts) -

In all seriousness I'm pretty sure he was previously at IGN and was the guy who blew the whistle on the Infinity Ward/Activision debacle. That's why everyone thinks he is the shit.

#5 Posted by ohnobruno (85 posts) -
#6 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Jeff was a fan of him for awhile, and made the announcement of his hiring.

#7 Posted by mnzy (2914 posts) -
#8 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

In all seriousness I'm pretty sure he was previously at IGN and was the guy who blew the whistle on the Infinity Ward/Activision debacle. That's why everyone thinks he is the shit.

G4, but yes.

#9 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he used to work at 1UP where he used to dress up in tight, short hotpants and pretend to be a Chihuahua.

#10 Posted by Elusionar (309 posts) -

And how old is he?

#11 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Came from heaven, brother, Klepek fucking rules.

#12 Edited by cap123 (2477 posts) -

He was my favourite back in his 1up days, and then he just disappeared for a while... until he popped the fuck up all of a sudden and blew infinity ward INTO LITTLE PIECES.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11959 posts) -
@Elusionar said:

And how old is he?

~14
#14 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

@Elusionar said:

And how old is he?

~14

His hair however is eternal.

#15 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

he came out if zeus's head to be the harbinger of news

#16 Posted by Mentalnova (139 posts) -

I'd like him to cover the Activision lawsuit as much as he can.

#17 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1177 posts) -

According to the Ministry of truth Patrick has always worked for GB. Huh...there you go.

#18 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

Go on....

#19 Posted by intoblivion (314 posts) -

@Twisted_Scot: Double think - _ -

#20 Posted by RazielCuts (2950 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

Do not besmirch his good name by associating Patrick with IGN..

He's been in the 'biz' for years though, I think he was writing articles for EGM when he was like 14 or something. Think he got laid off in the 1upocalypse and then went to G4 for a while and was on Feedback with Adam Sessler. Then from there he went to EGM Now? But yeah he hit it big when he broke the IW and Activision fallout.

And in the PAX Live Show vids he said something like 'he was in a dark place at EGM Now' and 'Giant Bomb saved him' which I'd like to hear more behind the scenes about :P

#21 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Well, Patricks hair has always been an underground source for Luchadeer.

#22 Posted by ExiledVip3r (84 posts) -

@FourWude said:

I'm pretty sure he used to work at 1UP where he used to dress up in tight, short hotpants and pretend to be a Chihuahua.

Oh how I miss the 1UP show's weirdness...