Okay, I'm not crazy, am I? (Attempting to decipher female-speak.)

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By sashimi_biscut

@Napalm said:

@sashimi_biscut: Oh, woops. Except the title. Was attempting to be witty, that's all.

Most of the time women do not throw around the term bigot for no reason. If you want to know what she meant i hope you do go over the things you said to her and take into consideration what I said. I of course realize there was not a lot of context given and i could be completely wrong.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By napalm

@WalkerD: You're kind of being a dick.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By napalm

@sashimi_biscut said:

Most of the time women do not throw around the term bigot for no reason. If you want to know what she meant i hope you do go over the things you said to her and take into consideration what I said.

IT'S A NEVER ENDING ELLIPSES. ELLIPSES, ALL DAY. NONSTOP. YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT ONE DAY. MAYBE.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sashimi_biscut

@WalkerD said:

@sashimi_biscut said:

@WalkerD said:

@sashimi_biscut: I don't mean to sound rude and I certainly don't mean this as any sort of insult. But do you have some form of autism? This over-thinking of phrases used in basic social situations is on the level of someone with SEVERE autism. You might want to get yourself checked out.

I really do not appreciate the SEVER ableism.

Point being that if it hasn't already been diagnosed it may be causing you problems, I wanted to stress this. Autism is a very mainstream issue these days, and it's not too hard to get help.

Now call me ugly and my pussy is YOURS!!!!!

But seriously autism is not funny and a lot of people struggle with it.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By WalkerD

@Napalm: I don't like when people insult others in such a flamboyant fashion. So yes, my levels of passive-aggression are off the fucking charts right now.

ajkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By ajkent

While I agree that the ending was rather... abrupt, you need to try to engage her more. If a lady wants to chat you up, the Ace Ventura line doesn't play well in text. Try something longer and more detailed.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By WalkerD

@sashimi_biscut: Up until this point I had assumed you were a man and was trying to get into your pants. Are you telling me I've wasted all this time on a pussy? Those things are fucking gross.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By sparklykiss

Hey, guys. Knock it off. This is the first and final warning for this thread.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By sashimi_biscut

@Napalm said:

@sashimi_biscut said:

Most of the time women do not throw around the term bigot for no reason. If you want to know what she meant i hope you do go over the things you said to her and take into consideration what I said.

IT'S A NEVER ENDING ELLIPSES. ELLIPSES, ALL DAY. NONSTOP. YOU'LL FIGURE IT OUT ONE DAY. MAYBE.

I have an idea and it might require some time. However I have a lot of socially awkward guy friends who have a hard time relating to women. I've suggested a book to one of my guy friends in hopes that it would help him understand women, and BONUS it is totally for nerds like us. I hope you are into fantasy, because this book is fantasy as balls ovaries. It is called "The Bone Doll's Twin" and its all fantasy and warrior and killing people, but also about gender stuff. A lot of guys end up legitimately liking it. Basically it is a girl who was magiced up to appear as a boy from birth and she thinks she is a boy. SHe grows up in a world where women are all gender stereotyped and one day she will have to become a girl again but she doesn't know it.

Edit: I first found out about it because George RR Martin put it on his suggested reading list.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Morrow

@Napalm:

I don't know either of you, nor the situation, nor anything, but here's my take:

She obviously took it personal that you called her "strange", that's why she responded with some kind of bitter/cynic mockery. Now there could be various reasons as to why she took that personal. She's either generally thin-skinned or she made bad experiences with people or even just one person, and this bad experience relates to her looking strange infront of others. Or you just hit her weak spot, hard to tell by just guessing it.

However, if you want her to talk to you again I recommend you say something along the lines of: You know, when I called you strange it wasn't supposed to be an offence. I like strange girls/strange girls are nice because they are different from all the others (and stand out more).

Telling a woman in some sort of way you consider her special or just to stand out of the crowd will almost always net you her favour.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SexyToad

Have you tried touching her shoulder?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By napalm

I feel I should make it clear for some reason that this is the same girl who suggested I should be oralizing her genitalia because I have a beard, and she likes beards. So you know, she's weird, and forward, and weird, and I don't. Like, she's weird, and she's not above petty bullshit.

This is all spiraling out of control very fast.

@sashimi_biscut: I have a better idea. Are you ready? Here it is.

No.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Context.  She just thought your responses were in a different tone then how you mightve said it in your head

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#64  Edited By OneManX

Walk away, come back, and move on.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By thedj93
@sashimi_biscut: is ur avatar a butt in a sniper scope? that's pretty funny. 

i think this thread is a perfect microcosm of how gender relations work on the internet and thats my opinion and it's kinda dumb, i know, whatever

i think sashimi_biscuit is keepin it mad real though. Duders on the internet (and in college/high school) do (in general) kind of disregard women's rights and consider feminism some kind of extremist/communist mumbo jumbo when rly its more an expression of progressive thinking and egalitarianism. It's absurd how many bros on facebook think "make me a sandwich jokes" are funny. maybe i just don't get it tho, i mean humour is subjective technically

either way, i wish OP the best of luck in his relation-oriented pursuits. 
hopefully in the future he will have the wisdom to figure out how a message could be misinterpreted before he sends it. its exceedingly easy to lose meaning via text-only communication.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jay444111

@Yummylee said:

She collects belly button hair lint and forms it into a teddy bear... which she will now call Jason and puncture with needles.

Or better yet, call it Shaun!

SHAAAUUUUUNNNN!!!!! SHAUN!!!

(Please forgive me... I had to tell someone about this incredible video!)

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thedj93
@Jay444111: one of my internet faves. maybe the best video on youtube. prolly not
sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By sashimi_biscut

@thedj93 said:

@sashimi_biscut: is ur avatar a butt in a sniper scope? that's pretty funny.

Yes it is a butt in a sniper scope. It is Miranda Lawson's butt.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By JasonR86

@Napalm:

You called her strange and she was offended. I don't get what's complicated about that.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WalkerD

@Napalm: What's the nature of your relationship with this girl? Context seems pretty important here as a few people have said. But you seem reluctant to explain further than you already have.

As a sidenote, this topic has gone all kinds of sideways. I just wanted to talk about video games.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sashimi_biscut

@Napalm said:

I feel I should make it clear for some reason that this is the same girl who suggested I should be oralizing her genitalia because I have a beard, and she likes beards. So you know, she's weird, and forward, and weird, and I don't. Like, she's weird, and she's not above petty bullshit.

This is all spiraling out of control very fast.

@sashimi_biscut: I have a better idea. Are you ready? Here it is.

No.

Okay.jpg

I just want people to read this book. It's so cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This reminds me of a friend of mine who still tries to find reason in how women act or think.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73  Edited By ShadowConqueror

She seems like a bitch.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By napalm

@WalkerD: Picking up my old PC from my parents house tomorrow, so I'll finally be able to dig into some old school FPSs, (Blood).

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By thedj93

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MegaLombax

Just let it go dude. It aint worth the effort.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By Animasta

How do you think you would be feeling if you switched the people around? That's all this really requires, not that hard.

Women aren't this secret, strange other species of people you know... I know there's a whole subsection of men out there who think that's the case, but they're just people bro.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By sashimi_biscut

@thedj93 said:

I respect females why are they so dumb?

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By WalkerD

@Napalm: It's always nice to get down with some classics. An old piece of hardware really adds to the enjoyment, it's like reliving a moment from your past. I really need to bust out my old PC.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Living in an Estrogen ocean as I do (no male figures of any kind since my bro died in 04) I've learned a few things that said this one is easy. Lots of women/girls don't like being called strange as that could infer other terms such as weird or loony. In this case you have someone with what is either low self esteem that is very easily offended hence her response or you just caught her on a bad day.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AlexanderSheen

So I was right.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Sbaitso

@WalkerD: By suggesting somebody somebody is autistic? Interesting approach, but this thread is kinda all about interesting approaches I guess. Anyways, what games you been playin? Just nabbed Red Orchestra 2 myself, that game is....interesting, I don't know if I like it yet but it was like twelve bucks.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By WalkerD

@Sbaitso: I like to think of myself as ~zesty~. I just picked up Beyond Good & Evil HD because it was on sale and I'd never played the original. I think I'm just about to finish it up and it's been a pretty good ride so far, albeit a little short. Definitely worth the five bucks and hard drive space though.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SeriouslyNow

You dun fuct up. She was playing with you and you didn't play back. Thus she got offended because she put herself 'out there' and as a result of your seemingly disinterested tone she felt embarrassed and chose to retreat. In doing so she expressed her disappointment and called you a name.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Women....Nah mean bro? Pound it son.
Women....Nah mean bro? Pound it son.
thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By thedj93
@Sbaitso: i beat l.a. noire today. the ending came a little abruptly but was still pretty advanced/complex as far as video game climaxes go. that game is far from perfect, but damn that crazy dictator-director dude brendan mcnamara had a great vision and he followed through on it. that's kind of respectable, if a bit evil.
Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sbaitso

@thedj93: I've been waiting for a good steam sale to play that game. I'm really interested in it from everything I've heard, and twenty bucks on steam is very tempting. I love noire and americana and crime stories and all that stufff, so I'll probably cave and end up getting it, but I have yet to.Looks like the video game equivalent of L.A Confidential or something.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jonano

Dude you're over thinking this way too much, I can't see how you did anything wrong or how she was offended .I know and talked to alot of girls like this and it's just playful banter , she just wanted you to play along and go a bit random for fun that's all it is .You haven't seen or talked to this girl in years and never taught well maybe she changed a bit since then, got in with a different group of friends or whatever.

Also the problem of having conversations in text you have no idea of tone of what she's saying is ,so here's what you do talk to her again and see if she's bitchy or distant and remember this

@Animasta said:

Women aren't this secret, strange other species of people you know... I know there's a whole subsection of men out there who think that's the case, but they're just people bro.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By thedj93
@Sbaitso: yeah im pretty sure it took a lot of thematic and stylistic cues from that movie, all the awesome parts. i mean all of the components you mentioned are there and are fully intact and make the game what it is. near perfect in that aspect. 

i think the biggest problems with l.a. noire lie with the way it treats its gunplay and "action-puzzles." it feels like the developer didn't want to risk making something novel with those mechanics so they settled with generic tps cover action and setpieces that are kind of chore-like. theres even an option in the menu to skip all the action sequences entirely, and you can get your partner to fast travel you everywhere if you dont feel like driving. 

however, im kind of making a mountain out of a molehill. none of this actually gets in the way of the experience, and interrogating people is pretty awesome. i hear good things about the pc port
Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Sbaitso

@thedj93: I always like going through open world games without fast travelling, but I had definitely heard about the shooting sequences, sounds like skipping those could be okay. Do you know what it shows you or what happens if you do chose to skip them?

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thedj93
@Sbaitso: dunno i never tried. the action sequences are pretty painless though. i only died a handful of times throughout the campaign and the auto aim was extremely generous, at least on ps3
scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By scalpel

@sashimi_biscut: You're such a female.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By hoossy

more context... also, if I was her, I would not be ok with you posting a conversation that I had with you on a website. Even if it is vague and you blocked out the last name.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By Hunter5024

You know how theres British-English, and there's also American-English? Well there is also Girl-English. It sounds very similar but every word has an extra ten definitions, and it's one of those languages where depending on your inflection the same exact word could mean something completely different. In Girl-English some words that would be considered synonyms in other forms of English are not.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By kindgineer

@Hunter5024

You know how theres British-English, and there's also American-English? Well there is also Girl-English. It sounds very similar but every word has an extra ten definitions, and it's one of those languages where depending on your inflection the same exact word could mean something completely different. In Girl-English some words that would be considered synonyms in other forms of English are not.

This had me laughing.

In all truths, I think what happened was exactly what a couple of people have already said: She was trying to be playful and instead of doing so back, you came across a little prompt. You were out of touch with this female for a good amount of time to lack the wisdom of her personality change. She may have the same shell, but if she is like every other human being, her overall assumptions probably were distorted from the last time you talked to her.

Women go through a lot more than Men want to admit, so there is usually a lot more baggage that comes with the words that we use. "Strange" to her may have brought up an old scar, like an ex, and really set her off. Your intentions could have been gold, trust me I've been in that predicament, but it's all about the wordplay.

If you really like this girl, even in a platonic fashion, simply apologize. Admitting that even though you may not find the same offense to the conversation, you realize she does, and will do something about it. Like I said, you most likely embarrassed her, and much like people who become embarrassed, she tucked tail and put up her defenses.

It just so happens her defenses are ....offensive.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#97  Edited By Yanngc33

I think she wants your body

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think it was that you called her strange, even if it was light-heartedly and you probably didn't mean it as anything negative. Arguably quite an over-reaction, and I don't think you did anything wrong, but none the less it seemed to really get to her. Not that I'd judge from this alone, but I think there is some chance she's a complete crazy person.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#99  Edited By ashleychittock

She was trying to flirt with you and you insulted her and came across as blunt. w2g

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By PaulRevere

Well I'd like to see the rest of the conversation for context. But your tone, man, kinda condescending I think. To me, it sounds like she was joking. Perhaps defensive joking, like "Well, this guy I've been talking to just called me strange. Better lighten the mood in case he's going in to spill some mad truth about how socially awkward I am." She's random and you apparently don't like that kinda shit. If you don't like talking to people who talk like that, then don't (I know I stay away from them).

Two side comments:

1) I've had my fair share of guys talk to me like that... so it's not because she's a girl. How simple-minded of you.

2) This makes me so paranoid that people are posting conversations I had with them and making fun of me. Don't make someone else feel like that. If she were to hypothetically get word of this, she would have every right to be mad. This isn't one of those "Look how dumb this person is..." posts, it's a private (or so she thought) conversation.

Final thought: if you call it "female-speak," there's your problem. It's you, duder.

FYI This whole thing isn't to provoke argument. I'm just stating my opinion on very little sleep because I have nothing else to do right now.