Okay, I'm not crazy, am I? (Attempting to decipher female-speak.)

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

martyarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By martyarf

@believer258 said:

@sashimi_biscut said:

@Napalm said:

@sashimi_biscut: I'm blunt and honest, but I'm not cruel, if that's what you're getting at. She's similar, which is why I had no issues saying, "you're strange."

Okay. I don't want to make broad assumptions about you and this conversation, but you have put a lot of things open without any context.

You call women "females" and I know to a lot of young men this seems to mean nothing but it really is a degrading term to use for women. It takes away the humanity of whatever woman you are referring to and makes it out to be some sort of experiment or case study. Life is not a case study and stop thinking of it like that. I know life is easier that way but stop, because all the basement science logic is just going to bring you to bigotry because you have a limited view of facts about the world. You didn't take a full year of study on "females" or the history of evo-psych and biotruths so stop making them up with your "logic" and assuming them true. (this does not necessarily apply to you, op, because you have given little context)

Women are women, not females. Every single person i've ever seen or heard use the term "females" for women in a general term has had trouble relating to and generally have very sexist views of women. This is because the use of females denotes a disconnect of that person and women. In other terms, they don't consciously think they are second class but they talk and behave as if they are.

Did this kind of behavior come through in your conversations? Did your "blunt and honesty" come out by saying "well you are a female so" or "well gay people act like this because" or anything else like that? Sometimes being blunt and honest does not mean you are right, it just means you are honest about your bigotry.

Edit: DAMMIT DON'T GO TO BED I JUST TYPED THIS OUT YOU READ IT!

You're nuts crazy. Women are females in the same way that men are males. The word carries no other connotations than a physical description of your sex.

Hell, for that matter, you seem to be overreacting just as much as the girl that is talking about. If you're not her, then you're probably of the same strange ilk. Or do you prefer bizarre?

Seems like he was just making conversation and she took it the wrong way. A "sorry, I didn't mean it that way" wouldn't go amiss, but I have a picture in my mind of a buck-toothed 14 year old girl who isn't getting her way.

It carries a lot of connotations actually. Thanks for your post anyway.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By AlexW00d

@CustomOtto: There was no meaning, I was just being facetious and passive aggressive.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By N7

Did a fucking nuke go off in this thread or something? God damn.

You were being a sap and she shut you down. Pretty much the end of story.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Jrinswand
@CustomOtto said:

I know, fucking man-haters are the worst. Can we please get back to talking about these bitches and their crazy language and periods. Gaw.

HAHAHAHA! Best post of the thread, by far.

I just wanted to take a moment to point out that this thread is absolutely brimming with spazoids.
kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By kmdrkul

@CustomOtto said:

@kmdrkul said:

Here is my take:

She is about to bleed out of her vagina in about a week. Steer clear for another two weeks and try again. Either that or you're purposely not telling us all the misogynistic/arrogant/hurtful shit you said before that part of the conversation.

Maybe he insultingly assumed she was on her period when she showed any negative emotion.

I am well aware that I am a womanizing badass, but thanks for trying.

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By customotto

@kmdrkul said:

@CustomOtto said:

@kmdrkul said:

Here is my take:

She is about to bleed out of her vagina in about a week. Steer clear for another two weeks and try again. Either that or you're purposely not telling us all the misogynistic/arrogant/hurtful shit you said before that part of the conversation.

Maybe he insultingly assumed she was on her period when she showed any negative emotion.

I am well aware that I am a womanizing badass, but thanks for trying.

np

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By hatking

At a certain point you want to forget that society basically breeds men to be misogynistic and ask why the fuck you can't think for yourself and realize that the lot of you are being condescending pricks. I have sympathy for guys making stupid mistakes like using the wrong words or making ignorant statements because it's not necessarily the fault of the individual for thinking that it's okay. At the same time there has to come a point where you realize for yourself that acting like a fucking hive-mind isn't beneficial for yourself or society, and you sort of need to look at the statements you're making and what meaning they hold for everybody and not just your own selfish ass.

Frankly, I've seen OP around the forums and always come to the conclusion, "this guy is kind of an asshole." So it really doesn't surprise me that somebody might have taken issue with something you said, and that the small selection from your conversation doesn't necessarily highlight how big of a prick you have the capacity of being. Further, it doesn't require a woman to realize that your condescending and brutish disposition is something that a person might not want to associate with. A more appropriate title might be, "Okay, I'm not crazy, am I? (attempting to decipher human-emotion)", or perhaps more accurately, "Here's small selection I made from a conversation I had with a woman I want to sleep with (who probably realizes this and wants nothing to do with me), let's make rash inferences about why she doesn't want to speak to me!"

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By Toxeia

@sashimi_biscut: Where did he refer to women as females in that discussion? Going out on a limb here, you're a woman? I can tell because you're inserting words into a conversation that aren't actually there to be offended at.

@Napalm: Were YOU the one who made the teddy-bears of belly button lint? The only thing I can think of is that when you said she was a weird one, that's what set it off. Perhaps she was having some kind of self-esteem issue about people not accepting her as she is. It doesn't make much sense, and it an over sensitive reaction to something that's otherwise harmless... but women?

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By DoctorWelch

@Yummylee said:

@sashimi_biscut said:

What is wrong with all of you!??!?!?!? Are you all serious right now!?

...Amanda?

Hahahahaha /thread

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By cyraxible

I need to take a shower after reading this thread.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By wjb

@Toxeia: Title of thread. Already discussed.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#162  Edited By Yummylee

wut... 161 posts?! I figured this thing was done & dusted a millennia ago.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Toxeia

@will_leisure: Sorry what? I'm going to need some context as to what you're talking about.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By AlexanderSheen

And this is still going :D

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Cloudenvy

This thread makes my head hurt.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Falx

@DoctorWelch: It depends on the context and tone in which "female" is used dude. It can offend some people in the sense that i guess it is impersonal and used in more of a scientific circumstance to denote gender than people actually use in general conversation. It makes it seem as the girl/woman is a "specimen", not a person, i think.

EDIT: Also, for the conversation in question, isn't it obvious how cold it seemed?

First, calling her strange. This could have been pretty light, but "strange" is a pretty strong word for describing someone you like or are friends with. Then Amanda tried to turn it around thinking that it was a joke and embracing her slight differences with a lighter term "bizarre". Jason then just asked "why?", this prompted another joke to make it light and was also saying she's not so extreme as "strange" in her eyes with an example. Jason didn't seem to understand that people can be different and was personally against "strange", "bizarre" or "eccentric" people. I thought that Jason was trying that put-down thing to get someone to like ya idea, that's just basically flawed and despicable, people should just be themselves but also think about how words and perceptions affect other people.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By wjb

@Toxeia: He used the word female in the title of the thread, and your original question has already been discussed.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Cloudenvy said:

This thread makes my head hurt.

Tell me about it. I was there, at the beginning. I... I've seen things.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169  Edited By Milkman

Wow, this thread is fucking stupid.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By sashimi_biscut

This thread is asking to understand what a woman meant and to try and understand them. When women come in here, like me and others in this thread, all the men say we are beng crazy and dumb and completely invalidated everything we say.

"Women are not treated poorly by men, you're crazy"

Are you guys not seeing a pattern here? I really wanted to believe you guys were not serious, but I think you are and it is really depressing.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Women be shoppin'. Oh, you KNOW women be shoppin'.

This thread is really stupid.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#172  Edited By swamplord666

I'm not going to go through 5 pages to find out if anyone gave you a decent reply.

OVERALL, she's the one acting out of line. She took a couple of comments and blew it waaaaay out of proportion. THAT SAID, you're not using very much tact here. Saying she's weird is going to provoke a defense mechanism. Weird is mostly seen negatively. you could have used something like "weirdo! lol". "Alrighty then", at least imo, sounds a bit like you're weirded out (maybe you are) and again that would provoke a defensive comment which, compounded with the previous comment, probably got her frustrated. Also (minor point) do you need to know why? just shrug it off and say ok!

TL;DR: being careful with the language can avoid these kind of moments.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#173  Edited By Zleunamme

How is she strange? They way you asked that question seems like you are accusing her of something. What is it? She gave an example why she isn't strange and the way you responded. She feels that you are not listening to her. I see why she would call you bigoted lad. You don't like diversity--"and I mentioned how she talked differently and seemed different". Also that you reject of other people's way of thinking, "And yes, she was entirely serious, because a few minutes later she posted something on Twitter about hollow words and showing egos and other weird pseudo-poetic shit". People are complicated in general. More things are said without being spoken.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By MikkaQ

Women like to lay devious traps to catch blunt people like you.

This seems like the online equivalent of the "Does this dress make me look fat?" test. You didn't pass. Gotta complement women here and there. Maybe a "Well that's a relief" would have been a better response to her saying she doesn't collect belly button lint.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#175  Edited By DeeGee

@sashimi_biscut said:

This thread is asking to understand what a woman meant and to try and understand them. When women come in here, like me and others in this thread, all the men say we are beng crazy and dumb and completely invalidated everything we say.

"Women are not treated poorly by men, you're crazy"

Are you guys not seeing a pattern here? I really wanted to believe you guys were not serious, but I think you are and it is really depressing.

Guess what, you being called crazy has nothing to do with being a woman. It's because you came in here acting crazy.

I will call anyone crazy, man or woman, if they think that the term "female" is offensive.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By OmegaChosen

This thread is crazy.

Anyway, I would just assume she was fucking with you. It's what I would do if someone said I was strange.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Toxeia

@will_leisure: Was referring to the conversation between Jason and Amanda. The word "female" is not used there.

As for the word "Female" being offensive... what? Head's up, you've got a vulva, I've got a penis. Turns out we're different. If you're going to be offended over a word used to define your gender then you're being too sensitive. There's another word I can think of to call you, but THAT would be offensive.

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By customotto

@DoctorWelch said:

@Falx said:

@DoctorWelch: It depends on the context and tone in which "female" is used dude. It can offend some people in the sense that i guess it is impersonal and used in more of a scientific circumstance to denote gender than people actually use in general conversation. It makes it seem as if the girl/woman is a "specimen", not a person, i think.

Exactly my point. Taking a word that has no negative connotation whatsoever, and then trying desperately to find a way to get offended by it in order to convince ones self that whoever used the word must be a terrible person.

Nah I don't think you two had the same point at all.

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By customotto

@DoctorWelch said:

@CustomOtto said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@Falx said:

@DoctorWelch: It depends on the context and tone in which "female" is used dude. It can offend some people in the sense that i guess it is impersonal and used in more of a scientific circumstance to denote gender than people actually use in general conversation. It makes it seem as if the girl/woman is a "specimen", not a person, i think.

Exactly my point. Taking a word that has no negative connotation whatsoever, and then trying desperately to find a way to get offended by it in order to convince ones self that whoever used the word must be a terrible person.

Nah I don't think you two had the same point at all.

Nope, but he did inadvertently represent my point for me.

Not at all, really.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#180  Edited By RVonE

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Subjugation

Several people have already nailed it. She was trying to be playful with you and you didn't reciprocate. Then she pulled back (and perhaps overreacted) to protect herself. Women really aren't that hard to understand.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Falx

@DoctorWelch said:

@CustomOtto: Well, I guess it's too bad you cant comprehend it.

Nice, the "you must be too stupid to understand my point" argument. You should try and make your point clearer because i don't see how my post relates to yours at all.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#183  Edited By Lemmycaution217

@RVonE said:

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

drama

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#184  Edited By jacksukeru

Divine fornicating feces, this thread!

@Napalm: You have to promise me you'll never make a girl advice thread again.

customotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By customotto

@Falx said:

@DoctorWelch said:

@CustomOtto: Well, I guess it's too bad you cant comprehend it.

Nice, the "you must be too stupid to understand my point" argument. You should try and make your point clearer because i don't see how my post relates to yours at all.

I'm a bigger fan of his "I'm deleting all my posts and pretending I was never here! Enjoy your thread, losers!" strategy.

Definitely makes his point clearer.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#186  Edited By trace

OK, this thread's clearly gone down a dark, stupid path sprinkled with bigotry, hyper-sensitivity, and far too much angst.

I don't think we're going to see any more value out of additional conversation here.