Old Magazines? What should I do?

Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

So in two weeks I'll be moving into a MUCH smaller apartment than I am now, and during the course of packing up my not-so-miniscule library of books for storage, I've stumbled across a rather interesting problem.

A large number of old magazines. Some pulpy sci-fi stuff I'll probably keep for a light read, but there is the problem of old full size magazines. I'm sitting on maybe 50-100 issues of White Dwarf and Dragon magazines from 2002 onward.

I'll be selling some of my books to a local bookstore, but I highly doubt they'll take these heavy piles off me.

What should I do? Just pack em and store em? I'll never use them again, so that seems strange. Just recycle them? Seems like such a waste. Buy a separate storage unit and don't pay it until it becomes the most disappointing episode of storage wars ever?

What should I do?

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Craigslist or try to find a local enthusiast to buy/adopt them from you. I know Dragon at least can be had in all digital forms so it's at least feasibly replacably.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I'd also suggest craigslist or if you have a real hobby store in your city, you can go down there and ask if you can put up a flyer.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'd post an ad for people who may collect them, or people just interested in reading them then they can do whatever they want with them. Oh and FYI on your books, be sure and check if Amazon will pay for your books. I've sold a few technical ones back for a lot more than I would've got from anywhere else(they were in great condition too though).