On making a bad game look good

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

Edited By BlazeHedgehog

A friend of mine loves my Sonic Unleashed videos but doesn't like the game itself. He kinda-sorta issued a challenge to me to try and make Sonic 2006 look good. This is the end result. I honestly didn't expect anything that happened, but let's just put it this way: re-adjusting to playing a bad game like Sonic 2006 after six months of playing Sonic Unleashed is extremely difficult. Speaking of Unleashed, I also have just posted my review for the final Sonic Unleashed DLC pack, here.

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

A friend of mine loves my Sonic Unleashed videos but doesn't like the game itself. He kinda-sorta issued a challenge to me to try and make Sonic 2006 look good. This is the end result. I honestly didn't expect anything that happened, but let's just put it this way: re-adjusting to playing a bad game like Sonic 2006 after six months of playing Sonic Unleashed is extremely difficult. Speaking of Unleashed, I also have just posted my review for the final Sonic Unleashed DLC pack, here.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

All you had to do was :  Talk to NPC : 30 second load time...  Listen to what NPC has to say : 30 second load time...  Start playing side mission and fail within 30 seconds : Another 30 second load time...

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Insectecutor

Why doesn't Sonic shut the fuck up? Shut the fuck up, Sonic! Nobody cares about your gobshite. Nobody cares about the car in the tornado. Nobody cares, Sonic. Nobody cares any more.

You were cool back when you were on our side of the battle against Nintendo. But I was a stupid kid then. I was easy to please. Now I've matured it's all too easy to see what you've become: a tired anachronism with nothing left to fight for, no cause, no purpose.

Who loves you, Sonic? Is it the tweens, who know nothing of your provenence and regard you as some stupid cartoon their dad gets angry about? Or is it the jaded 25 year olds who're wondering why nobody told them life would be so damn complicated and just want to escape back to Green Hill Zone one last time? I'll tell you, Sonic. I'll tell you who loves you: Nobody loves you, except your shitty friends, and nobody loves them except you. So maybe you and your shitty friends should stop exploiting our childhood memories and our children's impressionability, and fuck off back to 1991 where you belong.

Edit: Oh yeah btw good video, S rank, awesome. Still looked like an infuriating and awful game though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I'm curious if installing the game to the HDD would help the super long times.  It should right?

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlazeHedgehog

@JJOR64:

The difference is honestly negligible. As I recall, if there's any change in how long it takes to load stuff, it's barely noticeable. Maybe a couple seconds here or there, and when you're talking loading times that are ten times that, a couple seconds doesn't make much of a difference...