On Plants vs. Zombies

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArtG

I finished Plants vs. Zombies yesterday and reviewed it today, which you can read here:

I've been getting a bit more heavily into obtaining review code from developers and publishers for the site, so I unfortunately have yet to start on Blue Dragon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get started on it this weekend with Patapon 2, Battlestations: Pacific and UFC: Undisputed all on my plate to review and Red Faction: Guerrilla looming next week.

I've been reading a little bit as well--I just finished Tipping Point--fantastic read. Very interesting, engaging and insightful looks different social epidemics and how fashion trends, teenage smoking, kids shows, best-selling books etc., "tip" and become phenonmenal successes and the types of people that help said social trends perpetuate and grow.

I'm now on How We Decide. I've yet to start it, but I've heard a little bit about it on the Out of the Game Podcast (featuring former 1UPers Jeff Green, Shawn Elliott, Luke Smith, as well as freelancer Robert Ashley and former game journalist turned consultant, N'Gai Croal.) The book deals with cognition and, if the title wasn't a dead giveaway, the processes people make when they make decisions. Should be an interesting read.

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArtG

I finished Plants vs. Zombies yesterday and reviewed it today, which you can read here:

I've been getting a bit more heavily into obtaining review code from developers and publishers for the site, so I unfortunately have yet to start on Blue Dragon. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get started on it this weekend with Patapon 2, Battlestations: Pacific and UFC: Undisputed all on my plate to review and Red Faction: Guerrilla looming next week.

I've been reading a little bit as well--I just finished Tipping Point--fantastic read. Very interesting, engaging and insightful looks different social epidemics and how fashion trends, teenage smoking, kids shows, best-selling books etc., "tip" and become phenonmenal successes and the types of people that help said social trends perpetuate and grow.

I'm now on How We Decide. I've yet to start it, but I've heard a little bit about it on the Out of the Game Podcast (featuring former 1UPers Jeff Green, Shawn Elliott, Luke Smith, as well as freelancer Robert Ashley and former game journalist turned consultant, N'Gai Croal.) The book deals with cognition and, if the title wasn't a dead giveaway, the processes people make when they make decisions. Should be an interesting read.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Matt_
Brandy said:
That Plants vs. Zombies game looks incredibly addictive. Too bad my computer wouldn't run it. :( Keep up the reviewing ... [more]
If your computer can't run Plants Vs. Zombies you really need to get a new computer.
ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArtG
Matt_ said:
Brandy said: That Plants vs. Zombies game looks incredibly addictive. Too bad my computer wouldn't run it. :( Keep up ... [more]
She definitely does. :P
Itsdapoleece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Itsdapoleece

Considering you can completely turn off hardware acceleration on your computer and run it in Safe Mode, if you can't run PvZ something is hella messed up.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DBoy

Greeno's not the only person helping out ol' Nate over there at EndSights...  ;-)

Good job on the review dude.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Slunks

Now I want Plants VS. Zombies. Damn it! Good job, this is all your fault.

In other news, I'll be having a ton of stuff up on Mirror's Edge probably by Tuesday. I got worked throughout this entire weekend and haven't had any time to do much. Not used to reviewing games so long after I'm finished with them. Keep an eye out!

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ArtG

Will do, Slunkadunka.