This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

So as you know the iPhone 5 was announced. Mass hysteria on the internet. People scrambling for amazon or other online retailers to put in their orders. People raging back and forth on message boards about the validity of the updates ect... etc... and so forth. Someone posted this on my facebook timeline and I thought it was goddamned amazing and proof that man... there is an apple hive mind at work. They went ahead and had a bit of fun with the iPhone 5 announcement and well.... you'll see what they did. Its genius.

#2 Posted by wewantsthering (1578 posts) -

It's less about hive mind and just idiots who feel pressured by the people telling them it's the iPhone 5 while they're on camera. It's hilarious though. I love the guy who thinks there's video on both sides. lol I'm probably ordering one tonight because I'm sick of my Windows Phone 7 phone. I also hate saying Windows Phone 7 phone...

#3 Posted by decko5 (157 posts) -

Gotta keep my status symbols up to date,yo

#4 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Oh, geez. I always feel so embarrassed for people in videos like this. Pretty funny, though.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9744 posts) -

I liked that they used reviewer terms like "it feels more high quality". I also like mother-fucking Hulk Hogan!

#6 Posted by cutyoface (547 posts) -

Pretty funny video.

#7 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I'm positive you could put a Galaxy S2 in the hands of people and tell them it's a Galaxy S3. And they'd believe you.

It works both ways.

#8 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I'm positive you could put a Galaxy S2 in the hands of people and tell them it's a Galaxy S3. And they'd believe you.

It works both ways.

What's a Gally-See Ess-Two?

#9 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

It works both ways.

You could even tell them it's an iphone and they'd fall for it apparently...

#10 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

It works both ways.

My point is that this is not an Apple thing. This is a 'stupid person on the street' thing. And I don't mean stupid in a bad way. I mean they don't go on the internet every Goddamn day and look up phone pictures and specs, and they aren't as knowledgeable as some people who seemingly spend their entire lives on their computer. Also, keep in mind that they don't really have the benefit of knowing what exactly the iPhone 5 looks like, seeing as how it was just announced yesterday, and presumably this was shot during the announcement at the latest. So if a man walks up to you on the street with a camera crew and tells you that the phone he's holding is the new iPhone, it's a pretty good bet that you're gonna go along with it.

#11 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

@FunExplosions said:

Fucking losers can't tell the difference between phones lol. Hope they get into car accidents and die.

I'm sorry, but when did the Giant Bomb forums become YouTube comments?

#12 Posted by BonOrbitz (2217 posts) -

Hulk Hogan lost a lot of weight and he's homeless now too?!

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I think a few of you are just over-analyzing the joke.

#14 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Oh, dear.

#15 Posted by Zacagawea (1600 posts) -

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@FunExplosions said:

Fucking losers can't tell the difference between phones lol. Hope they get into car accidents and die.

ikr people r so maen sometimes lol espically on the tubes of u comets

#16 Posted by ToTheNines (755 posts) -

Whats an Iphone?

#17 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3196 posts) -

Hahaha, that's good stuff.

#18 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@FunExplosions said:

This is a great post, the rest of y'all can eat my ass

#19 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1330 posts) -

I'd imagine most people they talked to said it was the same, but with the pressure of television cameras pointing at you and perhaps genuinely believing it is the iphone 5, you might not say what is truly on your mind and instead act like it is awesome and whatnot.

#20 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

It's called the placebo effect.

We all are capable of it.

I took placebos for a week before I realized they weren't helping me.

#21 Posted by SSully (4234 posts) -

I am pretty partial to his numerous Matt Damon skits, but this was pretty good.

#22 Posted by Milkman (17035 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@FunExplosions said:

like this if Giant Bomb sent you here. also Obama is a terrorist and the anti-christ.

#23 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4643 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I think a few of you are just over-analyzing the joke.

I know right...

#24 Posted by TheKing (844 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Kidavenger said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

It works both ways.

My point is that this is not an Apple thing. This is a 'stupid person on the street' thing. And I don't mean stupid in a bad way. I mean they don't go on the internet every Goddamn day and look up phone pictures and specs, and they aren't as knowledgeable as some people who seemingly spend their entire lives on their computer. Also, keep in mind that they don't really have the benefit of knowing what exactly the iPhone 5 looks like, seeing as how it was just announced yesterday, and presumably this was shot during the announcement at the latest. So if a man walks up to you on the street with a camera crew and tells you that the phone he's holding is the new iPhone, it's a pretty good bet that you're gonna go along with it.

How dare you bring logic to this Apple hate fest!

#25 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

Talking about the best bit on Jimmy Kimmel is like talking about the best shit you've ever taken.

#26 Posted by jon_e (31 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

Talking about the best bit on Jimmy Kimmel is like talking about the best shit you've ever taken.

Oddly satisfying?

#27 Posted by shadowdrone (71 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

Hey, man. You've never taken a fantastic, story-worthy shit in your life?

#28 Posted by Demoskinos (15019 posts) -

@Jrinswand: Hey there were some massive shits I've taken that I had to everyone on twitter know about. Like sometimes you just get that one that is like THAT FUCKIN THING WAS INSIDE ME?

#29 Posted by Jrinswand (1711 posts) -

@jon_e said:

@Jrinswand said:

Oddly satisfying?

@shadowdrone said:

@Jrinswand said:

What I meant is that no matter how you look at it, you're still talking about a pile of shit.

#30 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@Milkman said:

@Zacagawea said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@FunExplosions said:

like this if Giant Bomb sent you here. also Obama is a terrorist and the anti-christ.

Your comment already has 67 likes. And there isn't even a 'Like' button on this website!

#31 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -
#32 Posted by ajamafalous (12040 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:

I lol'd
#33 Posted by shadowdrone (71 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

@jon_e said:

@Jrinswand said:

Oddly satisfying?

@shadowdrone said:

@Jrinswand said:

What I meant is that no matter how you look at it, you're still talking about a pile of shit.

I know, It just reminded me that I've actually read forum threads that were about shit before.

#34 Edited by stryker1121 (1527 posts) -

I'm a gamer in the age of sequelitis and I still don't understand for the life of me the excitement over each iteration of the goddamn iPhone.