• 105 results
#1 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Just wondering what you guys got for Christmas. In the UK it's 7 oclock now, so we're opening presents. What did you guys get? hoping this will pick up as the day goes and the Americans start opening presents.

#2 Posted by benpicko (2008 posts) -

I'm in Canada. What did YOU get?

#3 Edited by Hector (3364 posts) -

A bag of coal!

#4 Posted by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -

@Hector said:

A bag of coal!

Yep, Gabe Newell gifted me heaps of coal.

#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i got $25 gift card to hooters and $5 gift card to subway, so far. i got it from my cousin, secret santa. it's 3:15am everyone is a sleep right now.

#6 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Got South Park Season 2, Andy Mckee's Art of Motion and Skyward Sword. A very happy camper on this side. Anyone else got anything yet?

#7 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm eargerly sitting infront of my presents waiting for my parents to finish there breakfast!

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

I always open my gifts on xmas eve, so I'll join in from Canada:

Just when I thought I'd go 100% kindle, I was given a gorgeous book about Hitchcock, with amazing tactile elements to it. Probably the best coffee-table book I have now. It'll be right at home next to my massive Clint Eastwood coffee table book. Yeah it's easy to tell I'm not married! I also got the Steve Jobs bio book, that seems really neat. Someone gave me a cool combo gift of iTunes giftcards and 1000 Albums You Need To Hear Before You Die, I'll have to leaf through that.

Some other gift certs, some cash, some really nice t-shirts.

The most fun though was the food, oh man. Cake and truffles, smoked salmon and roast beef, Mmm-mmm. Leftovers are gonna be sweeeet.

And finally as a birthday/xmas combo gift my parents got me an I/O breakout box/capture card. So I'll be pumping out some video content for blogs here soon as I move back after new year's and get home to my mic.

#9 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

eh, my family doesn't really celebrate christmas, so all my presents were bought by myself, to myself lol. I already know what i got, like 2 months before hand :D.

merry christmas all btw.

#10 Posted by Beforet (2921 posts) -

Skyward Sword, WiiMote Plus, Wii Nunchuck, Wii Pro Controller, and Wii sensor bar. But no Wii.

Dolphin Box

#11 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

I bought myself resistance 3.

#12 Posted by SuperSambo (2865 posts) -

I have been awake since 3am and people are still asleep! Retired to bed to be woken up when others have decided its time to get up.

Maybe going to be early wasnt the best of ideas.

#13 Edited by TruthTellah (9055 posts) -

I got enough disposable cash to finally upgrade to a full Premium Membership here at Giant Bomb and not feel guilty about perhaps needing to get a new tire on my old Honda Civic instead! :D

Gotta say, supporting these heroes at Giant Bomb feels great. I am quite looking forward to 2012. :)

#14 Posted by MonkeyGekko (278 posts) -

A toy cell phone. It says different noises, when you press the different button. Also you can see pictures, if you stare into the camera on the back (which is pretty weird?).

#15 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Isn't Christmas just awesome?

I would also like to point out I did get a leather bed and a new desk a last week, that was my big Christmas present.

The big news however is that my sister got an iPad, the big thing is though that my mum ordered an iPad 2 for her and when my sister opened the iPad my mum got mad and the store says that if I come back into the shop they will happily give my sister an iPad 2 and there is a big chance that they will let us keep an iPad for the inconvenience.

So I MAY just get an iPad, sure its the original but hey free iPad!

So yea decent haul, Merry Christmas to you all!

#16 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I posted a pic on my Twitter after I opened my presents here! Rotate it to see it (in kinda low quality).

In detail, I got an Audio Technica turntable, SOL Republic Tracks HD headphones, a bunch of gift cards, two LCD Soundsystem albums on vinyl and, since we're on Giant Bomb and this is a video game website about video games, Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet 2 Special Edition. And slippers.

#17 Posted by Yummylee (21629 posts) -

I got two pairs of cargo pants and a dozen cards. I hate you all.

#18 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

I've been awake for 2 hours and haven't opened anything yet, for some strange reason my parents want to have breakfast before opening the presents. What kind of sick twisted Christmas is this, and breakfast isn't even ready yet...

#19 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Clothes, clothes and money money money! Couldn't think of anything I really wanted this Christmas so I'll just buy whatever I want when I make up my mind.

#20 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

A Kindle, "Paul" on DVD, iTunes voucher, Amazon voucher and plenty of money. This is definitely one of the better christmasses(?) I've had. I also bought myself Uncharted 3 with the money yesterday so that'll probably be what I spend my time doing today :)

Merry christmas!

#21 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1735 posts) -

In Denmark, we open presents on Christmas Eve. Hooray for impatience!

This year is the first one I haven't gotten any games in years. I got me an Aeropress, though.

#22 Posted by nobel (57 posts) -

A Ukulele and Skyrim. 

Win.

#23 Posted by Wasara88 (332 posts) -

a buddy of mine made me a pinky wall clock.

#24 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

Sonic Generations - Great soundtrack, but the water levels are a pain in the arse
Assassin's Creed  : Revelations 
Skyward Sword
Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom
Halo - Anniversary 
Metal Gear Solid Collection
------------------------------------------

I must say I'm very happy with this lot, plus my brother gave me a 500gb HDD and W7 64bit. So more Steam games for me!

#25 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3204 posts) -

Nothing. Not even a Christmas tree... or a job.

#26 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Nothing, I live on my own and my parents died years ago. No matter, off to the pub in an hour!!

#27 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Ice White 3DS + Super Mario 3D Land

Ocarina of Time 3D

Mario Kart 7

Saints Row: The Third (PC)

Alien Quadrilogy Blu-Ray (it's gorgeous!)

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight Blu-Ray

Huge Razer mouse mat

Around £60 in cash

Some chocolate, aftershave gift sets and a snazzy razor

#28 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

I got a 3DS and a couple of Energy Drinks. There were rumors that suicide bombers were gonna hit today, but that didn't happen. So that means I've had the whole day off!

#29 Posted by adz117 (136 posts) -

iPad 2 and some games to make my 3ds less useless :p

#30 Posted by Hamst3r (4483 posts) -

Various things on Steam.

#31 Posted by AlisterCat (5564 posts) -

Pacman stressball.

#32 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Rayman Origins, Saints Row, Just Dance 3, Michael Jackson The Experience, Dance on Broadway, EA Sports Active 2 (I think I'm getting hints to exercise)

Death Note, Bleach and Vampire Knight Manga,

Coat, Ugg Boots, Tickets to a band I like next year, Chocolate, Soapy Stuff and a helium balloon.

Merry Christmas Guys :D

#33 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
  • Army surplus medical supplies case (has a fat red cross logo on it. Going to use it to keep my PC Gamer magazines).
  • Army surplus back-pack (had some empty shells inside it, which was cool. )
  • PC Gamer magazine subscription
  • Whiskey flask
  • Hungarian gin
  • Shopping mall vouchers
  • Tickets to see Arsenal V QPR at the Emirates Stadium on New Years Eve
#34 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

@wordfalling said:

Opened Christmas eve while my brother, sister-in-law and nephew were over: an eight inch cast-iron fry pan from the 1930's which I will likely use almost daily for the rest of my life. I was initially annoyed with getting anything (my Mom isn't exactly wealthy) but could not be happier with it.

I've got a cast-iron pan from around that time, also. It's fucking great for cooking meat in, but you must make sure not to fully wash the oils off after cooking, just a light rinse and wipe, otherwise the flavours will be wasted.

#35 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

So far, Skyward Sword, still opening.

#36 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -

Finally, my presents have been opened, humanity has been restored, the bonfire has been kindled. Wait, forget that last bit. Anyway, here's what I got:

• Clothes, couple of t-shirts and shirts and a pair of chinos.
  • Two pairs of trainers, one are gray the others are blue converse, very nice.
  • Underwear and deodorant / after shave stuff.
  • Inbetweens Movie and Eastbound & Down season 1 & 2 on DVD.
  • Rayman Origins and Saints Row the Third for Xbox 360.

A good haul and a good Christmas so far.

#37 Posted by Dimsey (954 posts) -

Call of Juarez Bound In Blood and Blood Bowl for the 360. The former I'm not thrilled about, having rented and not liked it in the past. The latter is fine but I already own it on Steam.
An iPod case/wallet - which is cool, though the wallet part of the equation could be a little bigger. Can fit a couple of cards and some notes, but that's about it.
And an 8gb USB flash drive. More storage is always handy.

Overall not toooo bad a haul. I've certainly done worse.

#38 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

I got Rage and Halo:CE Anniversary edition, really looking forward to playing more of them. I got my main present early though, which was a new slim PS3 that came with Uncharted 3.

@Abyssfull: I don't suppose you like Halo do you? I now have an anniversary map pack code that I don't need.

#39 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

Got a new dress shirt and a tie, that's not entirely tacky. Also just one chocolate bar which is disappointing because Christmas has been the time when I get enough candy to last me six months.

#40 Posted by Devil240Z (3362 posts) -

I got:

• Dr who season 6
  • top gear season 11 and 12
  • red dwarf season 3 and 6
  • a bunch of screeners of the top gear top 40 I think its like 8 dvds.
  • a stig soap on a rope.
  • a tshirt
  • socks
  • underwear
  • a new alternator for my car.
  • and whatever my girlfriend got me. Probably a videogame of some kind.
#41 Posted by Atlas (2444 posts) -

I got a new mouse and a new keyboard from Logitech, supposedly designed for gamers, and I got the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD Remaster for PS3, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations for 360. Pretty happy about all that.

Non-game wise, I got 13 Assassins on Blu-Ray, a DJ Shadow album, and most impressively my sister knit me a turquoise wallet for keeping my Kindle in, which is really cool. She got her first Kindle as well from Dad, so she's stoked, and I got her all the Harry Potter films on Blu-Ray.

#42 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I got Tales of the Abyss and Mario Kart for the 3DS and some books. I also bought SSX 3 for myself.

#43 Posted by 49th (2756 posts) -

I got:

• Skyrim
  • Mario Kart 7
  • RATM, Slipknot and Limp Biskit CDs
  • Batman Hush comic and Arkham City comic
  • Signed copy of the History of Animation Book
  • New coat

I also built a new PC earlier this month so my parents gave me £500 towards that :)

Merry Christmas everyone.

#45 Posted by Just_an_other_muffin (90 posts) -
  • A Bag of Holding from ThinkGeek
  • A wired Xbox controller for my PC
  • Ready Player One
  • A bunch of chocolate
  • DND Tile set
  • A MLP calendar
  • A Doctor Who tee-shirt
  • and an Xbox for me and my Girlfriend.

Best Christmas in a while.

#46 Edited by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

I ordered the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Codex Edition on the Ubisoft store a couple of months ago when it was on a crazy 80% off introductory sale. Once I received it in the post, my mate offered to pay for it and give it to me as a gift...so yeah, that.

As a fan of Italian Renaissance art I love the styled chest, it's got some fantastic stuff in it too.

That's all for video games though. I don't like to ask for games for Christmas or birthdays because most people end up paying ridiculously expensive prices when I can find much cheaper options myself.

Aside from that I mostly got cash and vouchers this Christmas; including a pretty snazzy looking AC: Revelations themed HMV gift card. A bunch of chocolate, couple of DVD's, some aftershave and an awesome Star Wars themed Moleskine. Got two un-opened presents as well, which I've saving for later.

~

Last but not least is a Steelseries Siberia V2 Gaming Headset; the recently released multi-platform model that works across PC/Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360. Looking forward to testing it out.

I guess you could also call all the games I've bought for myself in the Steam sale 'Christmas stuff' too as I've held off playing any of it:

• Portal 2
  • Orcs Must Die (w/ DLC)
  • Psychonauts
  • Half Life Collection
  • Borderlands GOTY Edition
  • Hard Reset
  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
  • Defence Grid: The Awakening
  • Aliens vs Predator
  • Train Simulator 2012
  • Jamestown DLC

~

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas from England, UK.

May you be surrounded by the things you love this Christmas and may the new year hold something special for you all.

#47 Posted by Bocam (3747 posts) -

I got this Dog and a pile of gifts I haven't opened yet

#48 Posted by byterunner (306 posts) -

Lets see:

Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Radiant Historia (DS)

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine (PS3)

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)

Batman: Arkham City (360)

Lion King Blu-Ray

The Lord of the Rings Blu-Ray Extended Edition

Some Pocky

$50 Gift Card for Amazon

$50 Gift Card for Gamestop

Some Shirts

A pair of Jeans

Bacon Flavored Toothpicks

And a Shaving Kit.

Great year honestly, I personally would have preferred Mario Land and Uncharted to Space Marine and Mario Kart, but they were on my list and my parents got them, I can't complain. Great year.

#49 Posted by L1GHTN1N (456 posts) -

$150 cash and got to listen to another hour-long fight between my parents, which once my mom gets home I'm sure will turn into another hour and a half one. I also bought myself Star Wars: The Old Republic and gifted a few games to friends. Yay Christmas!

#50 Posted by excido (199 posts) -
  • Kindle Touch
  • Star Wars Lego's from the wife(i'm a big kid at heart)
  • Boots
  • Gift Cards
  • Wallet