Opera and GiantBomb

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By teh_destroyer

I love my Opera web browser,surfing the web with voice&mouce commands is so much fun.Its fast,its not as cluttered up as Firefox is and it has some cool features.I just prefer it over Firefox,I was a long time Firefox user once,for well over 3 years and its come a long way,but i was readly for a new toy to play with,and there was Opera 9.6 waiting for me.My only gripe is that I cant do everything giantbomb related with my beloved Opera.If i plan on posting a blog with pics in it i have to go and switch back to firefox in order to use the features that giantbomb has.My point of this post is,when will they make all the features fully operational for Opera users?

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pirate_republic

First off, Firefox 3 has all the features of Opera, including voice and mouse commands. If you think it's too cluttered, you can customize it to look like Opera. If there is anything else you want, there is an add-on or theme for anything. Look into it.

But if you're determined to stay with Opera, than I'm afraid that there aren't any new announcements regarding improving the Opera and IE compatibility with Giant Bomb. Although I suspect the "new" Giant Bomb (that is arriving in "1 - 3 months") will clear those problems up.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf
pirate_republic said:
"First off, Firefox 3 has all the features of Opera, including voice and mouse commands. If you think it's too cluttered, you can customize it to look like Opera. If there is anything else you want, there is an add-on or theme for anything. Look into it.
But if you're determined to stay with Opera, than I'm afraid that there aren't any new announcements regarding improving the Opera and IE compatibility with Giant Bomb. Although I suspect the "new" Giant Bomb (that is arriving in "1 - 3 months") will clear those problems up.
"
New GiantBomb? What are you referring to?
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By suneku

Unfortunately, getting the site to work on opera is very low on the staff's priority list right now.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pirate_republic
SpikeSpiegel said:
"pirate_republic said:
"First off, Firefox 3 has all the features of Opera, including voice and mouse commands. If you think it's too cluttered, you can customize it to look like Opera. If there is anything else you want, there is an add-on or theme for anything. Look into it.
"
New GiantBomb? What are you referring to?"
A chunk of new features, including trophies on such. They talked about it on BSHAF, and if you wanna search the forums someone posted some mock-ups of what it will look like. If they are going to improve compatibility, that's their chance.
thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By thebeast

While Opera's rendering engine is excellent, it still suffers from some differences with its JavaScript implementation, mainly that it's too strict and doesn't implement a lot of vendor-specific features - so while things might work perfectly well in WebKit and Gecko, they'll not work so great in Opera.

These could be addressed by the staff, but typically these JS features are so common, it's more of Operas problem than Giant Bombs.

I think the majority of these issues are being addressed in future versions - have you tried the Opera 10 dev snapshots here?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine
teh_destroyer said:
"I love my Opera web browser,surfing the web with voice&mouce commands is so much fun.Its fast,its not as cluttered up as Firefox is and it has some cool features.I just prefer it over Firefox,I was a long time Firefox user once,for well over 3 years and its come a long way,but i was readly for a new toy to play with,and there was Opera 9.6 waiting for me.My only gripe is that I cant do everything giantbomb related with my beloved Opera.If i plan on posting a blog with pics in it i have to go and switch back to firefox in order to use the features that giantbomb has.My point of this post is,when will they make all the features fully operational for Opera users?"
Yeah I'm a Chrome user and I only use firefox for  Giant Bomb.