• 101 results
#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#2 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

In Flames, of course. Now that's some metal.

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Yeah so, im not very familiar with In Flames but i did listen to some of their hits and i find them extremely casual compared to opeth's long bombastic and magical masterpieces.. what do u guys think?

#4 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: You listened to their new stuff, I assume? The older music is superior.  
Anyway, this may be an unfair poll. In Flames is far more well known than Opeth. Just saying.
#5 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Opeth by a large, large margin.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: You listened to their new stuff, I assume? The older music is superior.  Anyway, this may be an unfair poll. In Flames is far more well known than Opeth. Just saying. "
i know. one of the main reasons in flames beat opeth whenever there's a swedish metal award or whatever
#7 Posted by BloodRedReaper (107 posts) -

In Flames. I find Opeth to be pretty boring most of the time. Old In Flames is quality. As far as Swedish Metal goes though these 2 bands are among some of the mediocre bands.

#8 Posted by Jothel (917 posts) -

this is hard to answer because they're vastly different bands, it's like asking if i like Nile or Devin Townsend more, it's not really on an even kilter, in flames and dimension zero or whathaveyou would make sense
having said though
i guess in flames cause i'm not a fan of opeth :P

#9 Edited by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: You mean P3 Guld? God, those are so embarrasing. Sveriges Radio trying to be hip by giving out awards to bands they don't know/care jack shit about. 
I listened to some more Opeth now, and they're pretty good, but I enjoy my metal with a little more punch. Btw, have you listened to Scar Symmetry?
#10 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -

ooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#11 Posted by Frederik (377 posts) -

Opeth baby!

#12 Edited by Choronzon (7 posts) -

Opeth, without a shadow of doubt.  In Flames have been pretty mediocre at best since after Clayman.

#13 Posted by RowdyRoddyPiper (11 posts) -

In flames.

#14 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -
@Choronzon said:
"Opeth, without a shadow of doubt.  In Flames have been pretty mediocre at best since after Clayman. "

I beg to differ... 
Reroute to Remain and Come Clarity are really good albums. 
Soundtrack... and A Sense... not so much, indeed. 

But i'm still not very charmed by Opeth's 'Watershed' album either. 
It simply just doesn't grab me. 

Overall, i must say that Opeth has my vote.
#15 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

I gotta go with Opeth but In Flames is awesome aswell

Who could argue with Heir Apparent and Coil?

#16 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

In Flames.

#17 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

The Haunted and At The Gates instead.

#18 Edited by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Ghostiet said:
" Entombed. Fuck gay metal. "going to listen to some Entombed ASAP, which album do u recommend? and thank you.  what makes our "gay" metal gay ? "

Wolverine Blues, Serpent Saints - The Ten Amendments, Clandestine. No problem.

Maybe the "gay metal" part was a bit unnecessary, but there are three points to it - first, I do not take my or others music seriously at all, second, I find Åkerfeldt plausible only on Dan Swano's work and third, anything after Reroute to Remains. Damn. Anyway, I will proceed without throwing anymore flamebait here, so please take my apologies and rejoice knowing the beautiful screaming, growling and head-ripping riffs of Entombed.

Also, if I were super serious, I would post "Motorhead". Because only Elvis and The Beatles can fight these guys and hope for a draw.

#19 Posted by YoThatLimp (1895 posts) -

Death.

#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

I'm not that familiar with either of them but I'm going to go with In Flames.

#21 Posted by Tordah (2476 posts) -
@Choronzon said:
" Opeth, without a shadow of doubt.  In Flames have been pretty mediocre at best since after Clayman. "
This.

Though I don't understand the point in comparing two completely different sounding bands to each other. Dark Tranquillity would be the logical match-up against In Flames since they're both two of the first bands that helped created the melo-death genre. Opeth is progressive metal.
#22 Posted by Kohe321 (3523 posts) -

Opeth for me. I'm not a huge fan of in flames.

#23 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

Opeth. Some In Flames stuff is alright, but I'm more of an Opeth guy.

#24 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

In Flames for me doesn't sound that interesting anymore and they seem to alienate the older fans. Opeth has some integrity while seeking new sounds.

#25 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

I can't vote.  The sounds they produce are too dissimilar.  I really like both of them.

#26 Posted by Yummylee (21466 posts) -

In Flames, I'm notta huge fan of either but In Flames has more songs i can enjoy more so.

#27 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" @Ghostiet said:
" Entombed. Fuck gay metal. "
Entombed is the band that has five flying penises chasing each other as album art. "
how hetro ..
#28 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @nanikore said:
" @Ghostiet said:
" Entombed. Fuck gay metal. "
Entombed is the band that has five flying penises chasing each other as album art. "
how hetro .. "

Since when a cock is not hetero? Flying pussies could be weird.

[stupid joke] Hey, pussies! They could post this topic as album art! [/stupid joke]

#29 Posted by Wright (637 posts) -

hmm I need to listen to some entombed, they sound quite good.Oh and In flame's earlier stuff is kick ass.

#30 Posted by Wright (637 posts) -

hmm I need to listen to some entombed, they sound quite good.Oh and In flame's earlier stuff is kick ass.

#31 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

In Flames, they are so damn awesome.

#32 Posted by Carlos1408 (1494 posts) -

Opeth all the way man! One of my favorite bands of all time! :D

#33 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@Ghostiet: In this case there are 5 cocks chasing eachother.
#34 Edited by 71Ranchero (2718 posts) -

Very tough to pick one of these great bands but I would go with In Flames. Its much more accessible then Opeth. Blackwater Park is the shit though.

On a side note, I always love reading comments from people who refuse to accept progression in music. If you are an In Flames man and you cant appreciate Come Clarity then you need to stop listening to In Flames. Hell it was just voted best Swedish album of the decade. 

#35 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I dont know either well. But I have some of In Flames stuff so they  win by default for me.

#36 Posted by raidingkvatch (1150 posts) -

Opeth man! In Flames are pretty good, but Opeth are awesome, bands like that are needed to keep the art of the album alive (along with Mastodon and Crack the Skye which blew my mind)

#37 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" @Ghostiet: In this case there are 5 cocks chasing eachother. "
You guys are really so gay that you have to mention cocks all the time?
#38 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@Ghostiet: Yes. Cocks.
#39 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -

What a cock.

#40 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@Ghostiet: Don't be such a dick. 

This thread is quickly losing quality.
#41 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -

@nanikore: Suck my balls.

Yeah, figures. EOT, cocksucker?

#42 Posted by patrick5152003 (264 posts) -

i like in flames but opeth is more talanted.
#43 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@patrick5152003: Talented? Explain.
#44 Posted by patrick5152003 (264 posts) -

talented as in they play music better
#45 Edited by ahriman22 (2747 posts) -

Opeth. I probably don't like In Flames mainly because I keep mixing them up with Rise Against AND I FUCKING HATE VEGANS. Oh and Opeth has 10 minute songs so...

The vocalist is also horrible.

#46 Posted by AjayRaz (12423 posts) -

in flames! 

#47 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5253 posts) -

Dude Opeth all the way!

#48 Posted by SebbeTheLegend (17 posts) -

Really like them both very much, so i cant put a vote here :/

#49 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -
@SebbeTheLegend said:
"

"
Oh come on, I bet you like In Flames more, you are always too afraid to pick a favorite when it comes too music 

Also, not a suprise that you couldnt pick a favorite lol
#50 Posted by SebbeTheLegend (17 posts) -
@Venatio said:
" @SebbeTheLegend said:
"

"
Oh come on, I bet you like In Flames more, you are always too afraid to pick a favorite when it comes too music  Also, not a suprise that you couldnt pick a favorite lol "

im not afraid to pick a favorite? but when it comes to these two, they're equal for me.