• 60 results
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#51  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@hailinel: When I am the president of Warner Brothers I will make your dream a reality.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By NekuSakuraba

You haven't seen it so you may like it, who knows? And Zack is a great director, are you telling me that Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and 300 are bad movies?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@nekusakuraba:

Watchman is fine, it sometimes felt a little like it was adapted by someone who couldn't read, but it's fine. I haven't seen DotD or 300 in years, so I can't really say. I think even back then I found his use of slo-mo a little annoying. I just don't think Zakk was ever the right fit for Superman, he'd be a good fit for a Spawn or...Six Pack movie. CliffyB, for example, has tons of talent, but I wouldn't want him taking on something as earnest as Zelda.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Superman is kind of an offensively terrible character. If a film based on him isn't particularly great, you should not be surprised.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#55  Edited By Hailinel

You haven't seen it so you may like it, who knows? And Zack is a great director, are you telling me that Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen and 300 are bad movies?

I never saw his version of Dawn of the Dead, but I did see 300 and Watchmen. Watchmen I really liked; sure, it wasn't 100% faithful to the comic, but it was still a lot of fun, and the actors were all great in their roles. It's hard to imagine a better adaptation being pulled off successfully.

300 I've only seen once, and it was OK. I wouldn't call it a great movie, as it's very much style over substance and full of absurd moments that work because of the cool factor rather than reasonable logic. ("Why yes, as a messenger coming to deliver unfavorable demands to you, I'll gladly be led toward this massive pit that you can freely kick me into.") I'm not sure I'd like it as much on repeat viewings.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By hollitz

Superman has always been the least interesting super hero to me, and I find all super heroes to be pretty uninteresting. Snyder is pretty much all style. Maybe the script blew and they knew that spectacle was the route to take. In which case, Snyder seems like a fine choice.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#57  Edited By Hailinel

@hollitz said:

Superman has always been the least interesting super hero to me, and I find all super heroes to be pretty uninteresting. Snyder is pretty much all style. Maybe the script blew and they knew that spectacle was the route to take. In which case, Snyder seems like a fine choice.

The sad thing about all of this is that I actually liked Superman Returns and would have been fine if they just made a sequel to that.

@hailinel: When I am the president of Warner Brothers I will make your dream a reality.

The day you take power will be a great day indeed.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw it yesterday and it's actually quite a decent movie. The action is over the top, the visual style is, for better or for worse, very signature of Zak Snyder. Sure the movie isn't the most original plot ever, but it was decent. Had a bit of character development, script wasnt too bad. The only thing I was hoping for was a better chemistry between Lois and Clark. Apart from that, had a great time.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Could have been Rob Schneider

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

@hailinel said:

@dallas_raines said:

Johnathon Nolan, Duncan Jones and JJ Abrams all wanted a shot at Superman, but Warner chose Zakk.

Thanks, Warner. Not only have you fucked up Superman(again), but you doomed your film universe. This is akin to Marvel starting the Avengers-verse with shitty ass Captain America, instead of Iron Man. You've set the tone, and the tone is bad. How fucking hard is it to just adapt the works of Grant Morrison, Alan Moore and Joe Casey? David S. Goyer is a bad writer, which is exactly why Nolan didn't have him write his movies, he just provided ideas for them. Fuck Warner, Fuck Zakk Snyder and Fuck David Goyer.(Nolan gets a pass because he didn't have much to do with the film beyond his name.)

Dude, Captain America was a good movie.

I'll disagree with that. Though... Incredible Hulk's pretty good...

I'll agree to disagree with what you disagree with. Thor was the weakest one.

Word. When Ryan and Patrick were shitting on Captain America and praising Thor during that one Bombcast, I was at a complete loss for words. Thor had teeeerrible writing and acting, and flashy action wasn't going to save it. Captain America was much more engaging. I'm kind of wary of Patrick and Ryan's tastes in movies now because of that.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I unironically want an Aquaman movie. Yeah I said it.