#1 Posted by MB (12389 posts) -

You guys need to check this one out. Outpost stars Ray Stevenson as a mercenary team leader who takes his team to some remote Eastern European forest on a mission that goes horribly wrong when they encounter....NAZI ZOMBIES!

I thought it was going to be awful but I was shocked how good a flick this is. Very suspenseful, good Zombie backstory, and cringe-inducing gore. Fans of Zombie movies in general should check this out! It reminds me of films like Dog Soldiers and Feast...but with zombies.

#2 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

Not to be a stickler, but isn't this basically spam/advertising?

#3 Edited by TruthTellah (9072 posts) -

@missacre said:

Not to be a stickler, but isn't this basically spam/advertising?

heh. I thought almost the exact same thing. But, eh, I suppose the movie might be a topic of conversation. I wish I had heard MB's impressions in more detail, but I guess I see the appeal of just giving a nod to it. I've heard of it but never checked out the film. I might try to find it.

#4 Edited by Village_Guy (2576 posts) -

Nazi Zombies are sooo 2008.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw that the film is from 2007, oh well, I might check it out...

#5 Edited by Inkerman (1451 posts) -

Yeah this is an older one, but really good. I think it might even be from the same people who made Dog Soldiers. The end is legitimately pretty scary as well.

#6 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Watch Dead Snow instead.

#7 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3867 posts) -

@truthtellah: @missacre: nah. It's a well established member of the community talking about something that interests them. If that becomes spam I'm outta here.

On topic, that's a great movie. Much more then a standard zombie movie. Pretty interesting story and Ray Stevenson is rad.

#8 Posted by Glottery (1275 posts) -

Watch Dead Snow instead.

Or if you want it to be more videogame-likey, have at some Frankenstein's Army.

#9 Posted by csl316 (8665 posts) -

Ray Stevenson? I'm in.

#10 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@glottery: Looks kinda like Killing Floor with nazis. Neat.

#11 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4604 posts) -

Nazi Zombies are sooo 2008.

EDIT: Never mind, just saw that the film is from 2007, oh well, I might check it out...

Would that make this the Nazi Zombie... patient zero?

#12 Posted by Stonyman65 (2704 posts) -

I think I saw a little bit of that once. It was really dumb, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

#13 Edited by Yummylee (21629 posts) -

Watch Dead Snow instead.

Specifically the second half, after it's gotten past its attempt to be a legitimately scary horror movie and falls on its face.

Anywhoo my interest is piqued. I do like me some Ray Stevenson, and British horror is usually a bit of fun, even when it's kinda crappy.

#14 Posted by VierasTalo (776 posts) -

Everyone just needs to watch Frankenstein's Army. That movie is so mad in so many right ways.