Over-the-ear or on-ear headset suggestions?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

My over-the-ear headset crapped out recently, so I'm looking for a replacement. Something with a mic. I'm basically looking for some on-ear or over-the-ear headsets to choose from that I'm primarily going to use for online gaming.

I don't really have a budget in mind, but I'm unlikely to buy anything that costs over $150. As much as I've heard good things about the Astro A40s for example, Jesus Christ, those are expensive. I'm not much of an audiophile, so I'm certainly not going to spend the same amount on headphones as I did on my damn monitor.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've purchased expensive headphones before only to have them break about a year in; then I bought the cheapest headphones available and they haven't broken in 4 or 5 years since then.

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've heard that Sennheiser makes some fantastic headphones for reasonable prices. I don't know if they offer a model with a microphone, though.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I have the steelseries, i like them I also have a cheap 5$ pair for my mp3 player, but the Steel series are great for my pc. But sometimes they do make my head a little achey after a days use, so i just unplug them and use my speakers, But they have such nice sound i find i use them more then my speakers.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagbiker: Yeah, the pair I had that recently died was from Steelseries. I bought them either in 2010 or really early 2011, so they lasted me about 3 years and a bit, which is alright, I guess.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By noizy

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 (Get the ATH-M50S if you want a spiral cord. Its great.)

Oh, you want a headset, not headphones? I clip a lavalier mic to my cord.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noizy: Yeah, my bad, I updated the thread title to what I actually meant.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By noizy

@bisonhero: Ya. I noticed. No worries. If you want headphones around 150$ though, I'd recommend those.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DopeToast

Like someone already said, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's are fantastic. Had them for almost two years, the spiral cord ones, and they are great. Not a single complaint, and they sound great. They are kind of stiff when they are new, but they work in pretty fast.

Edit: Oops. Just saw you said headset, not headphones. But one guy said he clips on a mic, so these headphones are still good for that if that is an option.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cloudymusic

They're not ~audiophile-rated~ or anything like that, but my Logitech G930s have been going strong for over 3 years now and still work great. They're wireless and over-the-ear, which were the two biggest things I was looking for.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers