• 52 results
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

Edited By Dantekiller

Ok im a big dude not that big but i really do not like what the hell i have done with myself lol and i saw the infomercial dose it work if i get it ill put all i have into it so was any one done it or recommend it 

Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dantekiller

Ok im a big dude not that big but i really do not like what the hell i have done with myself lol and i saw the infomercial dose it work if i get it ill put all i have into it so was any one done it or recommend it 

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FlyingRat

.... what?

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Goldanas

Most infomercial work-out programs are scams and do not work as advertised. You're better off just going to the gym, doing some running in the morning and at night, and eating healthier.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Three0neFive
@Dantekiller said:

" Ok im a big dude not that big but i really do not like what the hell i have done with myself lol and i saw the infomercial dose it work if i get it ill put all i have into it so was any one done it or recommend it  "

/fit/ is your friend
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

" Ok im a big dude not that big but i really do not like what the hell i have done with myself lol and i saw the infomercial dose it work if i get it ill put all i have into it so was any one done it or recommend it  "

/fit/ is your friend "
Holy lord, no it isn't. Nobody go there!  :P
thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thehexeditor

Why use P90X when you can utilize my proprietary P90heX system!
1. Eat less crap, drink more water
2. Work out

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Three0neFive
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
Holy lord, no it isn't. Nobody go there!  :P "
Say what you will about 4chan, but /fit/ is a legitimately good resource if you're looking whip your ass back into shape.
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dantekiller
@Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
Say what you will about 4chan, but /fit/ is a legitimately good resource if you're looking whip your ass back into shape. "
4chan if full of crasy shit im not that desperate 
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
Say what you will about 4chan, but /fit/ is a legitimately good resource if you're looking whip your ass back into shape. "
Or if you want to see a guy nastilly throwing up into a toilet... cause I just saw that. I didn't care to scroll any further.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
Or if you want to see a guy nastilly throwing up into a toilet... cause I just saw that. I didn't care to scroll any further. "
but i like guys throwing up
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel

I just the whole bottle.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Three0neFive
@Dantekiller said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
4chan if full of crasy shit im not that desperate  "
Alright, don't take my advice. Feed into the fearmongering and "lolgross piktuur mommy". Whatever.

Your life (or lack thereof), bro.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

I've done, and do P90x. If you\re serious, it'll work exactly as advertised, but its really fucking difficult. Like it will demolish you, especially the first couple of weeks.

Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Andheez
@thehexeditor: 

This

Actually most weight loss programs do work, but are still scams.  If you want to get in shape it is really quite simple, burn more calories than you take in and you will lose weight.  This is the backbone of any program, they just use different methods to do so, you really don't need to pay for their regimens, or their small portions of frozen vegetables.
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dantekiller
@LiquidPrince said:
" I've done, and do P90x. If you\re serious, it'll work exactly as advertised, but its really fucking difficult. Like it will demolish you, especially the first couple of weeks. "  
you know what im going to do it i have the time and its better than going to the gym and have people look at you 
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Brendan

I use the Ab Ripper X component (I just have a gym membership for everything else) and I feel qualified to tell you that the ab workout by itself KICKS ASS.  It's super hard though, and if you have never worked out a day in your life you will be destroyed.  I know people who have done the whole thing, have seen good results and hear good things.   

The biggest problem is having space in your house to do plyometrics, and needing to buy and dumbell set if you are doing the muscle building workout.  In the end though, when gym memberships are $50 a month, spending some money on the equipment is a good deal, and the series is difficult and well structured enough to give you good results.   

It all comes down to what every other type of workout does though.  You will only get out of it what you put into it.  If you have the space for it and you are willing to keep it up, I think it's a great option since it walks you through all the movements so you're not confused at the gym (unless you want a personal trainer $$$).  It's also varied enough to help keep you interested.  In the end it's up to you, and it's a great option if it fits your needs.     
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dantekiller
@Brendan: thxs dude i quess my mind is set it would be nice if the giant bomb guys did a p90x endurance run lol 
Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Labbo94
@Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
Alright, don't take my advice. Feed into the fearmongering and "lolgross piktuur mommy". Whatever.  Your life (or lack thereof), bro. "
Have to agree that as long as you can draw the distinction between fact and troll, /fit/ has a lot to offer.

But to the OP: P90X works great if you're dedicated and work hard. However, if you're dedicated and hardworking, you're also better off saving your money, motivating yourself, and getting in shape the right way. Like a man.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By damnboyadvance

It probably works. Problem is it might be expensive, or it just doesn't work as well as you'd like. Most of that stuff is a scam. Just try going to the gym.

Also, just so you know, working one specific area won't burn fat in that one area. For example, just because you work the abs a lot does not mean you're going to directly lose any of that fat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Waste of money man, you could easily set up your own cardio routine and be as effective as the shit you seen on tv.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By C0V3RT

I know a few people who have done it and it works as advertised.  They've said it just kicks your ass.
xXwindoverXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By xXwindoverXx

I use p90x twice a year before...and then after football season.....works so good......shit is so cash

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By heghmohqib

I've actually just started looking into P90X in the last couple days.  I "found" the literature for it and think it is very doable if I have someone to try it with me.  No way I'm doing it on my own.  So anyone in capital area NY want to try/are doing it, give me a shout out.  I'm down with the demolishing.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BraveToaster
@Goldanas said:
" Most infomercial work-out programs are scams and do not work as advertised. You're better off just going to the gym, doing some running in the morning and at night, and eating healthier. "
P90X actually works.
pectoral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pectoral

It definitely works, but only if you really commit yourself to it. In reality, it's no different from making your own work out routine, something which requires some experience or assistance from a"vet".

reflekshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By reflekshun

I've got a couple of friends who do it and they have definitely made huge progress with their body. I've started to give it a shot and it does feel good. 

Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Labbo94

If anyone is interested in getting in shape on their own (without wasting money on P90X), I'm more than willing to upload my workout split. Just some simple dumbbell/barbell exercises that will whip your ass into shape with a little motivation.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mesklinite

So I'm doing the p90x workout right now. 1 month. I don't really follow the exercise routines to  a T. I find them too long. 1 hour a day is a lot to ask for someone that works full time, etc... I do follow the food diet pretty well though. I lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks. Lately I let go on the food a bit, so I'll go back to the protions of the first 2 weeks to lose more weight. Definatly worth it, but you have to follow the food regime as well or you won't see results.  Basically, say goodbye to bread, pasta and potatoes for the first month, and then those become a luxuary. The good thing is that meat is in, and you can eat a lot of it.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StaticFalconar

No Caption Provided
@FlyingRat said:
" .... what? "
Apparently you can buy anything online these days. 
GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GnaTSoL

I plan to do P90x....... Right after I finish Insanity. Insanity is another killer workout video series from the same company. Pure cardio that'll finish you Mortal Kombat style, more so than P90x. While Insanity does lack weight-training vids, it takes it to the next level with its cardio stuff. Minimal breaks so you'll almost always be moving for around an hour, going as hard as you think you can and even beyond that. Thats what the workouts expect of you.

I say do Insanity first, it'll get you athletic enough where you'll be able to get the best out of P90x, cause if you're a big dude that extra weight is gonna hinder you when you do something like pull-ups or the Ab-Ripper x vids. Trust me, I know from experience. Way back when, I tried P90x when I had no business trying......... Turned me into the living dead. There wasn't one thing that didn't give me one hard ass time. Fast forward now, after doing some other beachbody workouts, then Insanity, I feel I'm more than ready to tackle P90x and finish it this time properly.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31  Edited By Symphony
@Three0neFive said:

" @Dantekiller said:

" @Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
Alright, don't take my advice. Feed into the fearmongering and "lolgross piktuur mommy". Whatever.  Your life (or lack thereof), bro. "
Just went there and absolutely nothing in the first page provided any useful health information whatsoever. I imagine there's a good post or two mixed in with all the pointless stuff in later pages, but -- call me crazy -- I imagine there are better places to go for health information without having to filter most of it out. 

Also, making a "lack thereof life" jab when you're defending 4chan? lol alright then. 

edit: Mai speeling is knot so gud
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dantekiller
@Symphony: you said it all
Bevinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bevinsky

I really hate how prejudiced people are towards 4chan. If you look past /b/ and the trolls, it is an interesting and ever-changing community with lots to offer. There's currently a request-draw thread on /a/, the anime board, and the content coming out of there is mindblowing.

Just saying, it isn't as awful as you think it is.

In before "i went there and saw a butt, never going back again"

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RE_Player1

I bought it and did it for 30 days. I want to get back into it but have been lazy. As long as you stick with the 90 day program they lie out for you than you'll be ripped in no time. I know I sound like an ad but I'm pretty fit and the workouts killed me...

Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dantekiller
@Bevinsky said:
" I really hate how prejudiced people are towards 4chan. If you look past /b/ and the trolls, it is an interesting and ever-changing community with lots to offer. There's currently a request-draw thread on /a/, the anime board, and the content coming out of there is mindblowing.  Just saying, it isn't as awful as you think it is.  In before "i went there and saw a butt, never going back again" "
I'm not saying its all bad i just dont plan on getting advice from 4chan giant bomb is my peoples and they seem to care more than random crazy people just posting pics of ass and tits sorry
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dantekiller
@RE_Player92: cool so its all just sticking to it and not given up but thats the hardest part lol thxs
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DriveupLife

I have completed one round of P90X back in 09. It's very difficult, and is only recommended if you've been working out for more than a year on your own. Just don't do it, you won't make it through the whole thing because practically no one does, save yourself the guilt of quitting. Too harsh? Sorry, but that's the way it is.

endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By endless_void

Yes I'm currently in my 3rd week of it, I'm already seeing some results so that's surprising since its still very early in the program.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I did it for about 8 weeks.

It really does work! As long as you dedicate time to it and eat properly.

Videogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Videogames

Work is done x90P money waist is no don't wouldn't recommend any do it at all in my opinion.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#41  Edited By gla55jAw

I would say check out the insanity workout instead. My friend did that and lost a decent amount of weight. I downloaded the P90X a while ago to see what it was all about. If you can actually do it and keep up I'm sure you will lose weight, but if I can remember it does require you to buy some strength bands, free weights and I think I remember seeing a pull-up bar.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GnaTSoL
What gla55jAw said, but that's not to say Insanity is easier. Month 2 in Insanity is probably the most brutal thing I've ever witnessed and done.
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Dantekiller
@GnaTSoL: seem like this program will kick the shit out of any body lol
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By endless_void

Apparently it's easy to transition from Power90 to P90x but I just went straight to P90x. Not having any problems...yet.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
You  should find 4chans recipe for Crystals shit is so cool.
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Three0neFive
@Jeffsekai said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
You  should find 4chans recipe for Crystals shit is so cool. "
fuck yeah crystals!
fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By fentonalpha

I'd save my money for some English classes if i were you.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jeffsekai
@Three0neFive said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @Three0neFive said:
" @Dantekiller said:

/fit/ is your friend "
You  should find 4chans recipe for Crystals shit is so cool. "
fuck yeah crystals! "
I know right
Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dantekiller
@fentonalpha said:
" I'd save my money for some English classes if i were you. "
nice to see the haters coming out 
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zombie2011
@Dantekiller: Don't do it. 

I'm a really fit guy and i did it for a while to change things up, but stopped because i saw no gains or anything after the first cycle. I went back to the gym 5 days a week like i normally do and i couldn't be happier.  

You also said you were on the heavier side which would be a problem for you seeing you need a full range of motion to do P90x and you also have to be able to do chin/pull ups, and plenty of push ups.