#1 Edited by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

So I've recently sold my PS3 and I'm left with some games I have no need for. And since 'tis the season of giving, I thought I should just give them away to the community I love the most.

I honestly have no idea on how to do this, so if you're interested in a game, tell me which one and why I should give it to you. I'll give this until Christmas Eve, and whoever I consider gave me the 'best' reason, wins! Yay!

The games are as follows:

Infamous - Special Edition.

Valkyria Chronicles.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Heavenly Sword.

Resistance: Fall of Man.

L.A Noire.

Portal 2.

Edit: Since region coding apparently doesn't apply to PS3 games, anyone can participate. So as long as you have a PS3 console, go for it!

Lastly, if you want to give me something for the games, feel free to do so. But you don't have to.

Support me

#2 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

I would like a copy of any of these games to take to my local family shelter as I know they have just got enough money together to get a PS3, I guess maybe Portal 2 would be good and no, im not making this up to get a free copy of Portal 2, I have it, I just like to pass on goodwill whenever I can at Christmas, people get too caught up in just wanting things and forget about the people who have nothing. I learnt this a while ago and it has made me realise how lucky we truely are.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

PS3 games are region free. 
Well at least the old ones are 100% sure to be. 

Only game I have heard of that isn't is probably Persona 4 Arena.  
At least that's the one I think I remember hearing is not region free on the PS3

#4 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I thought you were giving away a PS3, I dont have one so I cant take any of those sweet games.

#5 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

PS3 games are region free. Well at least the old ones are 100% sure to be. Only game I have heard of that isn't is probably Persona 4 Arena. At least that's the one I think I remember hearing is not region free on the PS3

I wasn't sure about this, but all the games have "Region code 2" mark on them. So I just assumed that they'd only work in those regions, which to my knowledge is Europe.

#6 Edited by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

great idea.

i have never heard of a ps3 game that did not have both formats on the disc, and if you running it via HDMI then that really does not matter either you can still play both formats as long as your tv can run both and i have personally not owned one since 1996. and with more "modern" tv that runs HD this will not be a problem.

i have imported a little over a dozen games from Asia, Brazil and US and have had no poblem what so ever.

so i cant see why fellow GB members cant join in unless you got a different reason unless im wrong

granted i rarely know what im talking about but still.

also im not here to ask for any games. happy hunting

Edit: so thats what happens when you waste 20min trying to make my message be somewhat understandable while doing other shit. it makes your point no longer valid

#7 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -
@Imsorrymsjackson

I would like a copy of any of these games to take to my local family shelter as I know they have just got enough money together to get a PS3, I guess maybe Portal 2 would be good and no, im not making this up to get a free copy of Portal 2, I have it, I just like to pass on goodwill whenever I can at Christmas, people get too caught up in just wanting things and forget about the people who have nothing. I learnt this a while ago and it has made me realise how lucky we truely are.

Well, fuck. Good luck to anyone else in this thread trying to get a free video game.
#8 Posted by JoeBigfoot (105 posts) -

Sadly I've completed all of those except Resistance: Fall of Man which I have little interest in.

I urge anyone who hasn't played it to go for Valkyria Chronicles amazing game.

#9 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

@Grillbar: Nah, it's strictly that I want people who get the games to actually be able to play them. I guess if region coding isn't an issue, anyone can participate. As long as they have (or will have in the near future) a PS3 console.

#10 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@guiseppe said:

@ZeForgotten said:

PS3 games are region free. Well at least the old ones are 100% sure to be. Only game I have heard of that isn't is probably Persona 4 Arena. At least that's the one I think I remember hearing is not region free on the PS3

I wasn't sure about this, but all the games have "Region code 2" mark on them. So I just assumed that they'd only work in those regions, which to my knowledge is Europe.

Games work fine, I even imported games from the US and Japan just because I could and they were cheaper. 
But still, up to you if you want to include every other region in the give away. 

No idea if it costs more to mail the game to someone in the US than it does sending it to someone in EU though. 

But it's still a nice thing you're doing so keep at it!  
And Merry Christmas!  

Yeah, that's right, I said Christmas
#11 Posted by Commander_Crichton (149 posts) -

I'd like a copy of L.A. Noire, cause that game looks rad and I'm too poor to buy it myself. Not exactly the 'best' reason I suppose but might as well give this a shot.

#12 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

@Commander_Crichton said:

I'd like a copy of L.A. Noire, cause that game looks rad and I'm too poor to buy it myself. Not exactly the 'best' reason I suppose but might as well give this a shot.

Well, so far it's looking pretty good.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (20541 posts) -

I've got 'em all (well, I haven't got Portal 2 but I'm not going against a shelter), but this is great that you're doing this.

#14 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Haha nice try mate, just donate your copy of Portal 2 if you already own it.

#15 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (927 posts) -

I wouldn't mind getting Valkyria Chronicles from you if possible. I have played all of the other ones on PSP but for some reason I can't track down a copy of it in my area. Maybe it's rare? Also this is a pretty nice thing for you to do .

#16 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Haha nice try mate, just donate your copy of Portal 2 if you already own it.

I own it on Steam, no skin off my back if I don't get a copy to donate, the thread said to request a game and to give a reason, so thats what I did, no need to imply that I am lying to get a copy for myself.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (34576 posts) -

I was hoping you'd give away an actual PAL PS3.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Everybody should try Heavenly Sword, it's a better God of War.

#19 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

I'd like Heavenly Sword to cheer me up, some guy called our university threatening to blow it up, which meant our exam was postponed, which means our Christmas break is pushed back, so instead of having no more exams left today, I have to wait until Friday and miss a huge party on Thursday night, a party I'd been looking forward to for months. Obviously there wasn't a bomb at the school, some asswhole just wanted to not have to take the exam, funny enough this is the second time it's happened in a month, last time it also meant the cancellation of a huge party, so fuck those guys.

#20 Posted by guiseppe (2833 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I was hoping you'd give away an actual PAL PS3.

HAHA, YEAH. IT WASNT THE BEST TITLE IN THE WORLD. SORRY ABOUT THAT.

#21 Posted by Xeiphyer (5589 posts) -

Man, I don't own Valkyria Chronicles anymore, that game is rad. I'd totally take that.

#22 Posted by mlarrabee (2757 posts) -

I just came to say you're awesome.

Kind of like that song. But I'm not calling to say I love you.

#23 Posted by Commander_Crichton (149 posts) -

So, who's the lucky winner?

#24 Posted by FesteringNeon (2153 posts) -

If the first guy doesn't want it, I'll take Valkyria Chronicles,

if you like late entries..

because i like to enter late.

#25 Edited by PK_Koopa (581 posts) -

Holy crap that's awesome! Well this is a late entry but I'll still give it a shot.

Well my sis actually got a PS3 for Christmas along with Tales of Graces F and Little Big Planet (is that one word or three?) 2. We used to share a 360 before this but since I'm in university she's giving the 360 to me, despite still having games for it. Anyway, I'm moving back to Bournemouth in January with my 360, so I figured I'd buy her FFXIII-2 (a half joke gift since she hated the original but enjoyed the demo) and Infamous to occupy her. Still, she's a bit worried that maybe buying a PS3 since she doesn't know what games to get.

To be honest, I'm not really sure which games here appeal to her! I remembered she expressed an interest in Valkyria Chronicles' art style, but I'm not sure if she likes strategy games. I suppose she might enjoy Heavenly Sword or Portal 2, but she never mentioned them so I'll take a bet with Valkyria Chronicles.