Pancakes and booze power.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

So Giant Bomb is synonymous with delicious pancakes and even more delicious booze, but combining the two?  Who would be crazy enough to do that?  I guess lots of people.

Did a little Google search and found a buttload of pancake recipes that call for some sort of alcohol, usually rum.  I guess if you have a great pancake recipe, all you really need to do to kick things up is to throw some rum or whiskey (Whiskey Media shout-out!) and voila!  So has anybody combined the two?  Because I'm dying to try out some scrumptous rum-flavored pancakes with some sausage links and a bottle of Grey Goose to wash it down.

One last note, Google image search for 'pancakes booze' and see the Giant Bomb logo is the first one.  Not surprised.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Dalai

So Giant Bomb is synonymous with delicious pancakes and even more delicious booze, but combining the two?  Who would be crazy enough to do that?  I guess lots of people.

Did a little Google search and found a buttload of pancake recipes that call for some sort of alcohol, usually rum.  I guess if you have a great pancake recipe, all you really need to do to kick things up is to throw some rum or whiskey (Whiskey Media shout-out!) and voila!  So has anybody combined the two?  Because I'm dying to try out some scrumptous rum-flavored pancakes with some sausage links and a bottle of Grey Goose to wash it down.

One last note, Google image search for 'pancakes booze' and see the Giant Bomb logo is the first one.  Not surprised.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Optiow

Seriously?! I shall Google image search pancakes booze right now!

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ahriman22

Dude, pancakes and booze rock. I had pancakes and booze every day for 3 months in Japan. I made pancakes and then topped it with Ice Cream I made with Rum, Sake, Chocolate and mint. 

Fuck. Yeah. Brah.

And I'm not even allowed to legaly drink even here in Canada. Laws are so backwards.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Rum pancakes topped with banana, pecan shavings, and a bit of light whipped cream is one of my favorite breakfasts.  I'd use something a bit sweet, like Malibu, but it's really kind of a recipe you have to tinker with yourself.  Also, if you marinate chicken with a bit of rum in your marinade for about four or so hours, it's really good.  Especially topped with a bit of pineapple and some melted provolone cheese.  Mmm.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

That would go good with a Mimosa.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

How about Pancakes and Moonshine? 

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MrPerfect

I never had rum flavored pancake but I would love to try it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

Rum & Raisin pancakes are f**king awesome. My recipe; 1 shot of Dark rum, (- preferably Matusalem Gran Reserva Rum, because it has a butterscotch and vanilla after taste ;) poured into light batter, made with a little fizzy water added for a lighter mix. Place a nicely sized pastry cutter onto good non stick pan, at a moderate heat, and use a metal spatula to lift.