Parents and there lack of taking responsibility

MDomier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By MDomier

Ok, I just need to vent for a minute.  I keep hearing all the stories about how a child killed someone and everyone blames it on the violent video games.  F*** that.  If a 14 year old decides to go on a rampage, it's not because of a video game.  It's because they are either messed up in the first place or  the parents never disciplined the child ...ever.  I hate it when parents pawn the responsibility off onto other mainstream media so that they don't get blamed.  "Oh my child beat someone up...it's because he was playing GTA".  F*** Jack Thompson and his rants about it's the video games fault.  If parent would actually listen to the ESRB and follow what it suggests, this would all be prevented.  Yes kids can go over to the neighbors or friends and still play those games, but if parents take responsibility it wouldn't be an issue. 

I'm a parent and I will and do take full responsibility for what my child does until he is 18 and at that point if he messes up, then I failed as a parent.   If he does something wrong before 18, then it's on me.  I will fix the situation myself...not say he watched some movie or played some video game.  Nope, it's because I didn't do my job.  Don't want the responsibility of the child...then keep it in you pants.

MD.

MDomier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MDomier

Ok, I just need to vent for a minute.  I keep hearing all the stories about how a child killed someone and everyone blames it on the violent video games.  F*** that.  If a 14 year old decides to go on a rampage, it's not because of a video game.  It's because they are either messed up in the first place or  the parents never disciplined the child ...ever.  I hate it when parents pawn the responsibility off onto other mainstream media so that they don't get blamed.  "Oh my child beat someone up...it's because he was playing GTA".  F*** Jack Thompson and his rants about it's the video games fault.  If parent would actually listen to the ESRB and follow what it suggests, this would all be prevented.  Yes kids can go over to the neighbors or friends and still play those games, but if parents take responsibility it wouldn't be an issue. 

I'm a parent and I will and do take full responsibility for what my child does until he is 18 and at that point if he messes up, then I failed as a parent.   If he does something wrong before 18, then it's on me.  I will fix the situation myself...not say he watched some movie or played some video game.  Nope, it's because I didn't do my job.  Don't want the responsibility of the child...then keep it in you pants.

MD.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ace829

I have nothing else to say except I agree fully.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

really? people today still think that good parenting can exist and bad parenting can be reduced ? 

riiight... 

If you wanna do the world a favor, dont get married and have babies. cuz whatever method you take to raise them they WILL have their share of hatred for you and issues that will accompany them for the rest of their lives.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By BraveToaster
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" riiight...  If you wanna do the world a favor, dont get married and have babies. cuz whatever method you take to raise them they WILL have their share of hatred for you and issues that will accompany them for the rest of their lives. "

I don't know if you read the whole thing, but he stated that he's a parent.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

This is random, but I agree with it. Parents need to man up (and woman up) and start parenting.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Axxol said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" riiight...  If you wanna do the world a favor, dont get married and have babies. cuz whatever method you take to raise them they WILL have their share of hatred for you and issues that will accompany them for the rest of their lives. "

I don't know if you read the whole thing, but he stated that he's a parent. "
then it's too late :P
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

People should stop having kids anyway. Earth is getting too crowded.

MDomier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MDomier
@natetodamax: No, stupid people that live off the system need to stop having kids.  If everyone that is a moron quit having kids, the population would naturally decrease.  I once heard someone say that they are having babies because it get's them a bigger welfare check...really...wow.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Ace829
@MDomier said:
" @natetodamax: No, stupid people that live off the system need to stop having kids.  If everyone that is a moron quit having kids, the population would naturally decrease.  I once heard someone say that they are having babies because it get's them a bigger welfare check...really...wow. "
I'm pretty sure people who don't live off the system can also be shitty parents too. Just look at the spoiled brats in rich families. Better yet, watch an MTV reality show like My super sweet 16 and you'll see my point.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#10  Edited By EpicSteve

As a pre-school teacher, most parents are irresponsible.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Aronman789

where'd i put my genophage?

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#12  Edited By Jazz

Oooh shit, you dun goof'd.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By DoctorWelch

Amen to that brother.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Interfect
@DoctorWelch said:
" Amen to that brother. "
Word. Also people should just stop having kids.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By actionTACO

does anyone really even give a shit about video game violence anymore? every time i hear it brought up, its always by gamers trying make their dumb hobby seem relevant. the last thing i remember actually being controversial was that airport scene in MW2 and every gamer was like "oh man, the media is kick up such a shit storm forever over this. GET READY!" then it was in the news for like a week and no body really cared because it didn't involve brown people shooting americans. 

besides i thought the boogie man these days are LIEBERAL BRAIN WASHING PUBLIC SCHOOLS are ruining our kids. along with political correctness and the fact that its socially unacceptable to beat your children these days.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By iam3green

yeah, parents should take responsibility on what their children do. they should do what ever to make their child good.