Pat Robertson (700 Club) wants Marijuana Decriminalized. wtf.

• 114 results
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

Never thought I would see the day that this would happen. He is literally one of the last people that I could see coming to the dark side. Weird as it may be, we'll take him.  

"We're locking up people that take a couple of puffs of marijuana and the next thing you know they've got 10 years -- they've got mandatory sentences and these judges, they throw up their hand and say "What can we do? It's mandatory sentences." We've got to take a look at what we're considering crimes, and that's one of 'em. I mean, I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong. But I just believe criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of just a few ounces of pot, and that kind of thing, I mean it's costing us a fortune, and it's ruining young people. The young people go into prisons, they go in as youths, and they come out as hardened criminals, and it's not a good thing."

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FourWude

Something tells me he's probably trying to cover his own fat ass.

Also Pat Robertson tends to flip flop on issues depending on how his financial masters direct him. He's pretty much just a senile puppet these days, a mouth piece for various interests.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Jadeskye

Politics. God i hate politics.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By GreggD

That's...fantastic.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Chris2KLee

Might explain the time I watched him talk about the back of his hand for an hour on TV. Dude was TOASTED.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By august

Alright. Perhaps now he'll start considering that feminists didn't cause 911.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jack268
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
"I mean it's costing us a fortune, and it's ruining young people."
If they're doing drugs in the first place, they should count on their lives getting fucked up either way. First he says he isn't promoting drugs, but then he says there should be no punishment for doing them. What a dick.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Pinworm45
@natetodamax said:
" What an idiot. Jail isn't ruining kids, marijuana is ruining kids. "
no.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@natetodamax said:
Are you one of those people who believes everything in Reefer Madness? Most of my extremely motivated, brilliant, and non-ruined friends have smoked pot most of their lives. My friend who is a 3rd level engineering calculus tutor at the University of Wisconsin smokes pot every week. But for some reason, his life is not ruined. If he got caught though, things might be different and he may not get into Stanford which is where he's heading right now. 
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Jack268 said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
If they're doing drugs in the first place, they should count on their lives getting fucked up either way. First he says he isn't promoting drugs, but then he says there should be no punishment for doing them. What a dick. "
People that smoke pot do not get their lives fucked up. Only people that believe everything they are told believe that. 
Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Frederik
@Pinworm45 said:
" @natetodamax said:
no. "
What Pinworm said.
hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hexx462

This is just the next step for him call for the legalization of the crack that we all know he smokes regularly.

Hate this guy so so so so much, but he's right. Now I'm going to be drinking A LOT during Christmas, thanks Pat!

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By flaminghobo

Marijuana shouldn't be legalised nor should it be criminalised. I believe that these people require rehabilitation at first and then if they repeat the offence they should be sent to prison. Sending people to prison for the possession/use of the drug, just once, is straight up ridiculous. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Jack268 said:
If they're doing drugs in the first place, they should count on their lives getting fucked up either way. First he says he isn't promoting drugs, but then he says there should be no punishment for doing them. What a dick. "
People that smoke pot do not get their lives fucked up. Only people that believe everything they are told believe that.  "
And it's amazing how suggestible you can be when you're high.  I prefer to go through life with a clear head.  If I need to unwind, I'll play a video game or watch a movie instead of fucking myself up with drugs.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Hailinel said:
" @Jack268 said:
People that smoke pot do not get their lives fucked up. Only people that believe everything they are told believe that.  "
And it's amazing how suggestible you can be when you're high.  I prefer to go through life with a clear head.  If I need to unwind, I'll play a video game or watch a movie instead of fucking myself up with drugs. "
Congrats on that. I smoked pot since I was 15 until I got married. I'm doing pretty well for myself despite "fucking myself up with drugs". 
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @Jack268 said:
And it's amazing how suggestible you can be when you're high.  I prefer to go through life with a clear head.  If I need to unwind, I'll play a video game or watch a movie instead of fucking myself up with drugs. "
Congrats on that. I smoked pot since I was 15 until I got married. I'm doing pretty well for myself despite "fucking myself up with drugs".  "
And I'm sure you must have been excellent company while drifting in the purple haze.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Jimbo

Jail is a poor solution to a lot of crimes, this being one of them.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jack268
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Jack268 said:
Except I've talked to a guy who smoked pot for 15 years. 3 of his friends died and in the end he was all alone without work, and weighed less than I did when I was 10 because he couldn't afford food. I think that's kind of fucked up.  

Is there really any reason, long-term to smoke pot? I'm just not seeing it.
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Jack268 said:
" @Jack268 said:
Except I've talked to a guy who smoked pot for 15 years. 3 of his friends died and in the end he was all alone without work, and weighed less than I did when I was 10 because he couldn't afford food. I think that's kind of fucked up.   Is there really any reason, long-term to smoke pot? I'm just not seeing it. "
What? So pot killed 3 people and caused a guy to not have a job and lose all of his weight? Is that what you're saying? If not, what exactly are you saying?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This is like when Glenn Beck said he wasn't against gay marriage, he's right of course but he's still one of the biggest asshats in the world. 

The reason weed should be legal is because of the harm it does to communities when it is illegal. Mexico is in this huge drug war it can't win because the US government is so stubborn about it. If they legalised Marijuana, the government could tax it, the gangs would lose their source of income and your country would be better off. It has been proven that Marijuana does less harm to you and your surroundings than tobacco or alcohol, the arguments used against Marijuana could be used against those too. It doesn't make any sense.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
@zudthespud:   Somehow, I doubt that legalizing pot in the U.S. is suddenly going to make the drug war in Mexico just go away.
Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Special_K

My position on pot changed dramatically in college when the public school brainwashing was no longer present and I got to see how it affected real, actual people. It's no different than alcohol. It doesn't really change who you already are, and there are plenty of quality people that use it from time to time while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It will be decriminalized soon enough, I'm sure.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HS21
@natetodamax said:
Hahahahahaahahhaa.
salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By salad10203

He also blames the earthquake in Haiti on the Haitians making a pact with the devil.  
http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201001130024

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By beargirl1

what a boss 

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scrawnto

I've known a lot of idiots who did/do use pot, but the pot didn't make them idiots. That was a preexisting condition. Pot makes people suggestible? Sure. So does alcohol. I prefer to stay fairly sober, and I've never smoked marijuana, but I don't think that using either of those substances in the comfort of one's home should be a crime. Personally, I can't stand the smell of marijuana, and I strongly dislike breathing smoke of any kind.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@natetodamax said:
I thought it was self entitled fifteen year old on the internet.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By natetodamax
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @natetodamax said:
I thought it was self entitled fifteen year old on the internet. "
Oh, you could be right. Good thing I'm not fifteen then!
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@natetodamax said:
" @W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @natetodamax said:
I thought it was self entitled fifteen year old on the internet. "
Oh, you could be right. Good thing I'm not fifteen then! "
That is a good thing. Also, feed the quote pyramid.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Ace829
@Scrawnto said:
" I've known a lot of idiots who did/do use pot, but the pot didn't make them idiots. That was a preexisting condition. Pot makes people suggestible? Sure. So does alcohol. I prefer to stay fairly sober, and I've never smoked marijuana, but I don't think that using either of those substances in the comfort of one's home should be a crime. Personally, I can't stand the smell of marijuana, and I strongly dislike breathing smoke of any kind. "
I like this post. It's my feelings summed up.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31  Edited By damnboyadvance
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Jack268 said:
Chances are their lives are already fucked up. Marijuana certainly doesn't help that.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By endless_void

Legalizing marajuana would only be a smart thing to do. Ofcourse Pat Robertson would believe in it.

People these days don't realise their own damn kids take drugs by simply drinking caffinated stuff like coca-cola or pepsi-or even worst, coffee. There was an article on lifehacker comparing the affects of caffine and alcohol and there was not much of a drastic difference except caffine didn't usually cause others to be killed (like impaired driving). Caffine only affects the person taking the drug.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ryanwho

Yo guys, anecdotal evidence. I talked to a guy one time, beat that. Internet expert.

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By actionTACO

lol video games are worse for you than pot you dumb nerds

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#35  Edited By AgentJ

Never thought I'd agree with that guy on something...Mr "Haiti and New Orleans were hit by acts of God".

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By landon
@Jack268 said:
" @Jack268 said:
Except I've talked to a guy who smoked pot for 15 years. 3 of his friends died and in the end he was all alone without work, and weighed less than I did when I was 10 because he couldn't afford food. I think that's kind of fucked up.   Is there really any reason, long-term to smoke pot? I'm just not seeing it. "
I don't understand your bizarre example. Are you saying pot is so dangerous that it doesn't kill you, but figures out who your loved ones are and kills them? Did it rape and torture them first? You make it sound like pot is some kind of drug that super villains use to hatch evil plans.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jack268
@Landon said:
" @Jack268 said:
" @Jack268 said:
I don't understand your bizarre example. Are you saying pot is so dangerous that it doesn't kill you, but figures out who your loved ones are and kills them? Did it rape and torture them first? You make it sound like pot is some kind of drug that super villains use to hatch evil plans. "
His friends smoked too durr
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#39  Edited By AgentJ
@Hailinel said:
" @zudthespud:   Somehow, I doubt that legalizing pot in the U.S. is suddenly going to make the drug war in Mexico just go away. "
It won't, but honestly that isn't the biggest issue. Marijuana is less harmful than Tobacco or Alcohol, and unlike Alcohol, creates a more subdued individual, rather than an aggressive one. So whereas a drunk is more likely to hit their spouse or go rampaging through the streets intoxicated, a stoner is more partial to driving slowly and saying sorry. If anything, Marijuana should be legalized, while Tobacco and Alcohol are put away forever. Obviously, that's not realistic.  

Frankly, I hate the smell of the stuff. When I go to my Sounders games, there's usually more than a few pockets of cannabis smell floating around during the march. But whether I don't like it really isn't an issue. The issue is that its a relatively safe substance only illegal thanks to special lobbies earlier last century. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ryanwho
@Jack268: This is a convincing yarn. And certainly this vapid anecdote that you didn't even fucking experience yourself, so its really anecdotal fucking gossip, proves its safer to be in jail than to smoke pot. Good work. You can learn a lot of shit from "some guy I knew one time who knew some dudes". I'm starting to wonder if you're high right now, if that's all it takes for you to believe something I've got a story for you about a man in red who lives on the north pole.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41  Edited By natetodamax
@Blair said:
" @natetodamax said:

Well, this statement just made your fifteen thousand posts null and void.  This is the epitome of incorrectness.  EDIT:  *Holds out for a post that points out the internet's inability to highlight sarcasm.* "
Enlighten me.
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By beej
@damnboyadvance
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Jack268 said:
Chances are their lives are already fucked up. Marijuana certainly doesn't help that.
You're right my life and the lives of all of my friends who smoke is messed up. All of us are only going to college with stable family situations. moral of this story? Don't say "chances are" without evidence to back it up.
Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jack268
@ryanwho: No, but is it really wrong to punish people for breaking the law either? People choose to do something that is illegal, they get punished. It's really not that hard. You most definately can avoid smoking pot, and thereby avoid prison too.
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By beej
@Jack268
@ryanwho: No, but is it really wrong to punish people for breaking the law either? People choose to do something that is illegal, they get punished. It's really not that hard. You most definately can avoid smoking pot, and thereby avoid prison too.
The point is that it shouldn't be against the law...
Also breaking the law doesn't and shouldn't always result in jail time. Speeding is against the law too, it's possible to not speed, therefore is it ok to stick speeders in jail?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ryanwho
@Jack268 said:
" @ryanwho: No, but is it really wrong to punish people for breaking the law either? People choose to do something that is illegal, they get punished. It's really not that hard. You most definately can avoid smoking pot, and thereby avoid prison too. "
You're Machiavelli's wet dream. 
"How do you know its wrong?" 
"Because its illegal." 
"How do you know its harmful?" 
"Its illegal." 
"How do you know the punishment isn't actually more harmful than the crime?" 
"Because the crime is a crime." 
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#47  Edited By Undeadpool
@Special_K said:
" My position on pot changed dramatically in college when the public school brainwashing was no longer present and I got to see how it affected real, actual people. It's no different than alcohol. It doesn't really change who you already are, and there are plenty of quality people that use it from time to time while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It will be decriminalized soon enough, I'm sure. "
Sha-BOOM! Same damn thing happened to me. I bought into all the bullshit, PSA garbage, and had plenty of evidence in my short life, but then I got to college, saw that not everyone who smokes weed is a complete fuck-up, and HEY, I made up my own mind. 
It's okay, kiddies, it'll happen for you too. Or it won't and you'll just keep going through life in perfect lockstep with what others tell you.
Shademonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shademonger

Jeezus, internet. Seeing this religious wingnut take a stance supporting decriminalization started to give me some hope for the rest of humanity, and then I read the first page of comments. Forming such a steadfast opinion on a substance based on hearsay and not actual experience is folly no matter who you are. Pot has negative attributes, sure. It isn't for everyone, neither is alcohol, but at least no one has ever died of liver poisoning from overdosing on weed. It heightens creativity, and in the hands of responsible adults who understand that ALL things should be done in moderation, it can be an incredible tool to open yourself up to wonderful experiences.  

Don't be such haters, stupid people will do stupid shit no matter what is legal or illegal. Keeping pot illegal has cost millions in keeping people imprisoned, not to mention keeping billions of dollars of pot revenue in the hands of criminals instead of taxing that income for the good of the government as is done with cigarettes and booze. It's a huge market, the only reason it hurts anyone is because of the fact that it exists in a black market where unsavory things will happen regardless. That's my soapbox speech. Also, I've been clean for a while, never had any addiction pangs, and I'm happily married.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jack268
@beej: Sounds fine to me. And if jail is the problem, they could just make the punishment milder.

@Blair said: 
"Your story remains irrelevant and baseless. "
Drugs fucked him over and wasted 20 years of his life. 
Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Jayzilla

the problem isn't marijuana. the problem is the copios amounts of money that pot is worth because it is illegal. if pot were legal and you could grow it at your own home for personal use, it would be worth next to nothing. the violence associated with mary jane isn't because the pot makes people violent. the greed because of how much it is worth begets the violence over it.