• 59 results
#1 Edited by HammondofTexas (641 posts) -

BTW, I launched a LOST (S1) rewatch podcast yesterday with @MaxTemkin called @RewatchPodcast. Please subscribe! https://t.co/qQP5lSIA9s

— Patrick Klepek (@patrickklepek) June 17, 2014

Hey duders, Patrick just announced via twitter, well with several tweets, that he started a new podcast with Max Temkin. They are rewatching LOST and then blabbing about it into microphones. The name of the show is Rewatch Podcast. As a fan of Patrick, Max, and LOST this is definitely going to be a listen for me!

Does anyone else plan on listening?

#2 Posted by Sterling (2155 posts) -

I would listen if it was posted someplace other than itunes.

#3 Edited by HammondofTexas (641 posts) -

@sterling said:

Maybe it'll get a feed on the site! Keep in mind we have 8-4 Play, Box Office Bomb, Alt+F1, and the Powerbombcast feeds on here as well!

#4 Posted by Hookt (4 posts) -

For some reason all this capitalizing of Lost is putting me on tilt. I mean do you people write WATCH_DOGS too? God damnit.

#5 Edited by smcn (923 posts) -
@sterling said:

Ask and you shall receive.

EDIT: I'm not actually sure that will work. I just hit "copy feed url" in iTunes.

#7 Posted by punkxblaze (2971 posts) -

@hookt said:

For some reason all this capitalizing of Lost is putting me on tilt. I mean do you people write WATCH_DOGS too? God damnit.

You are annoyed by some very arbitrary things.
And so am I. I like you. I will stand with you in this matter.

#8 Posted by wjb (1655 posts) -

Eh, I devoured the entire series in 6 weeks a few years ago. Not really interested in watching every episode again.

Cool idea, though.

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14758 posts) -

Eh....as much as I like new podcasts just like the Alt+F1 podcast I'm going to sit this one out.

#10 Posted by Sterling (2155 posts) -
#11 Posted by wrecks (2240 posts) -
#12 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5405 posts) -

As someone who became obsessed with Lost a couple of years ago and binge watched the show over the course of a month and a half, I'm way into this podcast! I re watched the pilot last night and goddamn was it good. I also like the fact they had someone on whose never seen the show. It really gives the discussion a different and welcomed perspective.

Since @patrickklepek 's expressed an interest in talking about other shows too, I'd love to hear some X-files talk at some point in the future!

#13 Posted by DeadpanCakes (840 posts) -

I've only ever watched the first season a couple of years ago, and this was a nice excuse start over. Really enjoyed the first installment of the podcast, and it was nice having a person there who knew about as much as I did when it came to the show. I'm think I'm also enjoying the show more than I did when I first watched it too, so I'm liking that this exists.

#14 Posted by Teoball (591 posts) -

Damn you Patrick. I watched the pilot before listening to the podcast. Then I watched four more episodes.
I thought I was done with lost, but now I'll probably watch it all again.

#15 Edited by Seikenfreak (367 posts) -

Eh I'm going to pass for now.. I'm not into Lost.

Not sure I'd be into this format for old shows. One episode a week is torturous. I'll watch 8 episodes in a day if I'm into the show.

Now if this were a show that was still actively running and has one new episode a week, like Game of Thrones *wink wink*, then I'd be into it... And they'd have to make Jeff watch it.

Also I don't use iTunes.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Are they rewatching shows or are they watching shows they didn't get a chance to see in their prime?

#17 Edited by BisonHero (6435 posts) -

@seikenfreak: Yeah, I'd listen except not for Lost. That show just felt like it was wasting my time after a couple seasons, and the character flashbacks were the only part actually worth watching.

#18 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5405 posts) -
@video_game_king said:

Are they rewatching shows or are they watching shows they didn't get a chance to see in their prime?

In this case they're rewatching Lost. Although they have one guest (Jana Kinsman) whose watching it for the first time.

#19 Posted by kata (12 posts) -

Is it just me, or is the simplecast version really quiet?

#20 Posted by jiggajoe14 (665 posts) -

Not much of a lost fan, but I would love it if they did this with the wire.

#21 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5405 posts) -

Not sure I'd be into this format for old shows. One episode a week is torturous. I'll watch 8 episodes in a day if I'm into the show.

Yeah, and they seem to realize that. From what I can tell by this tweet, I'm pretty sure they're going to expedite the process.

Also I don't use iTunes.

That seems to be a hold up for a lot of people too. They have it available on rewatchpodcast.com to download for anyone else who has that same problem.

#22 Posted by Humanity (9053 posts) -

I enjoyed Lost until it chose the faith path instead of science, and I'm also not that interested in whatever Max has to say (sorry?!)

#23 Posted by DFSVegas (353 posts) -

If they did this for Fresh Prince of Bel-air, I'd be all over it.

#24 Posted by BisonHero (6435 posts) -

@humanity: I'm behind all of Max's small business ventures (CAH, Samurai Gunn publishing, etc.), but sometimes I can't stand listening to him. Also I feel like he's a bad influence on Patrick because whenever they're together, it's like Patrick thinks Max is "the cool kid", and Patrick kinda comes off as his lackey.

#25 Posted by 71Ranchero (2737 posts) -

I loved lost but nothing could be less exciting than the idea of Patrick and Max talking at length about it.

#26 Posted by csl316 (8422 posts) -

A podcast about Lost? But this isn't Three Red Lights.

#27 Posted by Humanity (9053 posts) -

@bisonhero: There is no way to get into it without sounding like a huge asshole so I just won't

#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (14070 posts) -

Oh damn, I am down for this. Patrick and Max are entertaining guys and I feel like it's been the right amount of time since I watched Lost for me to revisit it.

#29 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1765 posts) -

Oh, man. Lost. Such a great show for setting up questions, not so great at answering them.

Well, I guess that's no surprise when they kept changing writers, including bringing Jeff Loeb on board. Anyway, I'm going to sit this one out. Let me know if they want to do a different show or something.

#30 Edited by AndrewB (7575 posts) -

Not sure I could stand to be reminded about a great show which lost (har) all direction in story and narrative, regardless of the hosts.

#31 Posted by Budwyzer (569 posts) -

@hammondoftexas: Not so much, since Lost just made me angry. But I'd be down for the same thing but with SG1 !

#32 Posted by BisonHero (6435 posts) -
#33 Posted by HammondofTexas (641 posts) -

@budwyzer: You understand my username! I like you :3

#34 Posted by Vuud (1954 posts) -

I had the idea for a podcast about a movie or tv show but we only watch the same movie or single episode each week and talk about it. And each time we have to act like we just saw it for the first time and it has to be different from the last week's podcast.

#35 Edited by Nodima (1164 posts) -

I'm slightly intrigued as someone who never watched Lost, but I also decided about four hours ago that this summer is high time for a re-watch of the first three seasons of Game of Thrones possibly followed by the fourth as well. I just can't let that world go right now. I haven't done this with a show since Breaking Bad prior to season 5, and before that the Wire (for which I watched each previous season in full prior to the new season, leading to a reality where I'd seen Season 1 5 times, Season 2 4 times, Season 3 3 times and season 4 twice by the time the final season came around. And then I watched them all AGAIN.).

#36 Edited by meaninoflife42 (507 posts) -

@hookt said:

Are you using tilt controls?

#37 Edited by Vrikk (895 posts) -

I would love if they make it through the entire series, but let's be realistic... this'll die quickly.

#38 Posted by patrickklepek (4112 posts) -

We aren't watching the whole series. We're watching the first season, and we'll release bonus episodes for every season after that. We might have to do some episode-specific podcasts, ala The Constant. We're not sure yet. And we'll definitely have to dedicate a whole episode to the finale. But doing a week-to-week recap of LOST would take us more than two years, and, yeah, we probably would burn out on it...

Staff
#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5405 posts) -

We aren't watching the whole series. We're watching the first season, and we'll release bonus episodes for every season after that. We might have to do some episode-specific podcasts, ala The Constant. We're not sure yet. And we'll definitely have to dedicate a whole episode to the finale. But doing a week-to-week recap of LOST would take us more than two years, and, yeah, we probably would burn out on it...

Great! That sounds like the best way to approach it.

#40 Edited by El_Funko (29 posts) -

Agreed, that sounds great. I think single podcasts covering the later seasons is a good way to handle the rest of the series in a timely manner. I definitely think some key episodes might warrant their own podcast. There were some really killer hours of television across that series that stand out in comparison to the rest, for good or bad reasons.

I'd especially like to see a "bad episodes" edition of the podcast covering the low points of the series like Stranger in a Strange Land and Exposé. Bonus points if it includes everyone's best delivery of the RAZZLE DAZZLE line.

#41 Edited by ThunderSlash (1680 posts) -

Is this why there wasn't a Bombin' the AM this Monday?

#42 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2094 posts) -

@kata said:

Yeah I had that problem too, was hard trying to listen to this on BeyondPod at times.

#43 Posted by 49th (2727 posts) -

I love Lost, I watched every season but I have never actually seen the first 5 or so episodes. Maybe I should listen to this.

#44 Posted by Danteveli (1176 posts) -

Totally not my thing but good for them.

#45 Posted by patrickklepek (4112 posts) -

@kata said:

Yeah I had that problem too, was hard trying to listen to this on BeyondPod at times.

Max is new to mastering audio, so we'll jam up the audio the next time.

Staff
#46 Posted by ElixirBronze (424 posts) -

Man, waiting for them to slog through the beginning of season 3 with one episode a week is gonna be a real grind.

#47 Posted by FreddieFiasco (71 posts) -

@elixirbronze: Did you just not bother reading anything after the first few posts? Patrick chimed in and explained that they're planning on doing only the first season episode-by-episode. Scroll up for more detail.

#48 Posted by ElixirBronze (424 posts) -

@freddiefiasco: Oh, my bad. Still, there are some stinkers in season 1 as well, namely "Homecoming" and all those snoozy Kate episodes.

#49 Posted by FreddieFiasco (71 posts) -

@elixirbronze: No worries, sorry for my harshness! People asking questions in short forum threads without bothering to read or at least skim the whole thread is a pet peeve of mine.

#50 Posted by Zevvion (1858 posts) -

I've never watched Lost. Is it any good? How would you describe it? I can dig some drama, but there needs to be an ever lurking possibility of awesome action.