PAX thoughts, day 2

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

The second day is done, and there isn't much PAX left to go. I won't be doing as much tomorrow as I will be letting a friend take my place for a few hours before the Omegathon, but I swear I will still get to Split Second 

Heavy Rain. This is a game to watch out for. It singlehandedly makes me jealous of PS3 owners (or people that have 300 bucks laying around). The choices work well, perhaps even better than Mass Effect, and the story, at least what I saw, really packed a punch 
Uncharted. Note I didn't actually get my hands on this one, but I didn't feel like I needed to after watching others play in front of me. Graphics: Top notch. Enemy AI: Brilliant. Shooting/Cover Mechanics. About as good as can be. climbing elements? They looked a little boring from my perspective. Don't let that make this sound like some sort of diss on the game though. It still looks very cool (BTW, the main characters bantering is just as annoying as that main character in Crimson Skies) 
Bayonetta. This game is soo full of style its coming out of my hair folicles (which now drape over me like a full body suit). The combat was beautiful and while complex (you have a lot of control over what the character does) the controls were extremely intuitive and I had little trouble mowing down enemies after a brief tutorial. I am very excited for its release (and subsequent drop in price, at which point I will buy this and every other game not called Scribblenauts) 
Brutal Legend. Like Bayonetta, this game has a lot of style, but the combat in comparison was bland and unexciting, which I believe is an unfortunate result of Jack Blacks short weapon. That said, this game has some of the best humor i've ever heard in a video game (even better than the Madworld commentators)   
White Knight Chronicles. It seems like a good deal of fun, but I'm not happy about the slow reaction of any commands you give your player. Its like you tell him to do something, and about a second and a half later, he does it. Beautiful though, and very large as well

Star Wars: The Old Republic panel. Let me make it clear right now. I am not interested in MMOs, in the slightest. I simply attended in the place of a good friend of mine who had fallen ill with some food poisoning (people, avoid the fourth floor Subway). I will admit it was quite impressive. Bounty Hunters and Sith look like a lot of fun to use, especially with the cover mechanic, and the fact that all the dialogue in the game is spoken is mind blowing. Bioware is certainly a force (see what i did there?) to be reckoned with. after the panel, they gave everyone a code to redeem for KOTOR on Steam (which they announced earlier in the show) but doesn't that seem kind of lame, considering almost everyone in that room had already played it? 
The Giant Bomb panel. It was nice to meet the guys in person (even though I met some of them yesterday). That NOS/Ramen mix they made looked absolutely vile, but props to the kid who won and recieved a Beta Key for Starcraft 2.  They had a little exclusive cartoon they had made (time trotters was it?) and it was fun and a little bit silly. A shame I thought it was worth leaving early for the... 
Capcom party. Pretty lame in general i've got to say, but they were giving out free Tricell ID cards with peoples pictures on them (if i get a good response, perhaps i'll post a picture of mine), zombie face paintings, and raffle tickets for cool prizes like the PC version of RE5 and a expensive video card. I didn't win the video card, but I did, for the first time in my life, win a raffle by getting RE5. Reason number 2 why i need to go get a gaming quality PC (reason one being APB). 

tomorrow: Dead Space Extraction, Split Second, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 358/2 days, and I swear I'll finally remember to ask Sega about the status of Infinite Space. If i have time i'll get around to the Saboteur as well.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

The second day is done, and there isn't much PAX left to go. I won't be doing as much tomorrow as I will be letting a friend take my place for a few hours before the Omegathon, but I swear I will still get to Split Second 

Heavy Rain. This is a game to watch out for. It singlehandedly makes me jealous of PS3 owners (or people that have 300 bucks laying around). The choices work well, perhaps even better than Mass Effect, and the story, at least what I saw, really packed a punch 
Uncharted. Note I didn't actually get my hands on this one, but I didn't feel like I needed to after watching others play in front of me. Graphics: Top notch. Enemy AI: Brilliant. Shooting/Cover Mechanics. About as good as can be. climbing elements? They looked a little boring from my perspective. Don't let that make this sound like some sort of diss on the game though. It still looks very cool (BTW, the main characters bantering is just as annoying as that main character in Crimson Skies) 
Bayonetta. This game is soo full of style its coming out of my hair folicles (which now drape over me like a full body suit). The combat was beautiful and while complex (you have a lot of control over what the character does) the controls were extremely intuitive and I had little trouble mowing down enemies after a brief tutorial. I am very excited for its release (and subsequent drop in price, at which point I will buy this and every other game not called Scribblenauts) 
Brutal Legend. Like Bayonetta, this game has a lot of style, but the combat in comparison was bland and unexciting, which I believe is an unfortunate result of Jack Blacks short weapon. That said, this game has some of the best humor i've ever heard in a video game (even better than the Madworld commentators)   
White Knight Chronicles. It seems like a good deal of fun, but I'm not happy about the slow reaction of any commands you give your player. Its like you tell him to do something, and about a second and a half later, he does it. Beautiful though, and very large as well

Star Wars: The Old Republic panel. Let me make it clear right now. I am not interested in MMOs, in the slightest. I simply attended in the place of a good friend of mine who had fallen ill with some food poisoning (people, avoid the fourth floor Subway). I will admit it was quite impressive. Bounty Hunters and Sith look like a lot of fun to use, especially with the cover mechanic, and the fact that all the dialogue in the game is spoken is mind blowing. Bioware is certainly a force (see what i did there?) to be reckoned with. after the panel, they gave everyone a code to redeem for KOTOR on Steam (which they announced earlier in the show) but doesn't that seem kind of lame, considering almost everyone in that room had already played it? 
The Giant Bomb panel. It was nice to meet the guys in person (even though I met some of them yesterday). That NOS/Ramen mix they made looked absolutely vile, but props to the kid who won and recieved a Beta Key for Starcraft 2.  They had a little exclusive cartoon they had made (time trotters was it?) and it was fun and a little bit silly. A shame I thought it was worth leaving early for the... 
Capcom party. Pretty lame in general i've got to say, but they were giving out free Tricell ID cards with peoples pictures on them (if i get a good response, perhaps i'll post a picture of mine), zombie face paintings, and raffle tickets for cool prizes like the PC version of RE5 and a expensive video card. I didn't win the video card, but I did, for the first time in my life, win a raffle by getting RE5. Reason number 2 why i need to go get a gaming quality PC (reason one being APB). 

tomorrow: Dead Space Extraction, Split Second, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 358/2 days, and I swear I'll finally remember to ask Sega about the status of Infinite Space. If i have time i'll get around to the Saboteur as well.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Ask SEGA about a new Panzer Dragoon. Just so they don't forget.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

The Giant Bomb panel was a blast.  The crew was willing to stick around and mingle for a bit after the panel was over and sign autographs, which was cool, too.  Definitely one of the best panels I've attended at the show so far.  The Time Trotters cartoon was both hilarious and, dare I say it?  Educational.  I honestly learned more about Night Trap from watching that than I had through any other medium.

And honestly, while you might get a Ninja Turtle sweatband for playing it, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:  Smash Up game is...not good.  The game shamelessly apes Smash Bros., but the feel of the game is neither as good as Smash Bros., nor do the characters really strike the same chord.  The way that April is portrayed is bizarre enough (I guess they needed more female fighters?), but really, it's just not a particularly inspired game.  Honestly, I'd just prefer a remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:  Tournament Fighters for download, or even the SNES version of the game as a Virtual Console release.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dark_Jon

I was surprised how long of a line there was for the Giant Bomb Panel, it wrapped around twice! Anyways, it was a great panel, thanks for the autographs guys!

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By vidiot
@Hailinel said:

The Time Trotters cartoon was both hilarious and, dare I say it?  Educational. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

God lord I hope they upload that. 

"Hey let's go read some books!"
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel
@vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:

"Hey let's go read some books!" "
And to think, what we saw was actually only about a third of the original length.  I'd love to see the full version.
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vidiot
@Hailinel said:
" @vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:

And to think, what we saw was actually only about a third of the original length.  I'd love to see the full version. "
Personally, I just want to know why Joe Lieberman is a vampire.

Yeah, it was amazing.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@Hailinel said:
" @vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:

And to think, what we saw was actually only about a third of the original length.  I'd love to see the full version. "
@vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:

Personally, I just want to know why Joe Lieberman is a vampire.  Yeah, it was amazing. "
I'd love to meet the two of you tomorrow if I get the chance. Mind meeting at the top of the escalators at like 9:30, or right after the Omegathon finale? I can PM my cell number
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vidiot
@AgentJ said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:

@vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:
" @vidiot said:
" @Hailinel said:

Personally, I just want to know why Joe Lieberman is a vampire.  Yeah, it was amazing. "
I'd love to meet the two of you tomorrow if I get the chance. Mind meeting at the top of the escalators at like 9:30, or right after the Omegathon finale? I can PM my cell number "
I do not wake up at 9:30.

I'm not exactly sure if I can make it to tomorrow. Although I did miss TOR demo, and I might want to go back. It would be admittedly cool to see both of you strange people. So yeah, go right ahead and PM. 
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Fallen189

WE DEMAND THE PICTURE OF THE THING!