Persona 4 Endurance Run Weight Loss Thing: Episode 1

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

Hey everyone (even though no one will ever read this)

In the recent months I have become dangerously out of shape. I am not talking about love handles or Seth Rogan here I am talking about being out of breath from going up a flight of stairs, fucked up shit like that. It was caused mainly due to a combination of me not moving my ass and eating a lot of pizza and spaghetti, both of which are fine foods in moderation, but not multiple times a week.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. In my effort to loose weight I am hoping to link one of my favorite things ever (the Persona 4 Endurance Run in all its entirety) and exercise (mainly walking/jogging on the treadmill). I figure 99 hours worth of watching material should be a good way to keep me coming back to the treadmil if I can combine the two of them correctly.

Today was my first day and I think I did pretty well. I watched the first episode of the endurance run, around 16 minutes long and walked while watching it.

I hope to watch multiple episodes per run to increase the amount of time I exercise per session, and to eventaully graduate to jogging and dare I say running. But today was the first day in awhile since I had been on the treadmill so I though I would take baby steps.

I am also going to keep this blog as a way not to go too long without exercising. A Journal if you will.

(If I don't post for a couple of days or a bit more I am probably at my girlfriends, but that's life, so I'll just have to work out as much as I can)

Here's a link to Episode 1 for those who are interesting and re-watching the Endurance Run with me:

http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-persona-4-part-01/17-219/

(Oh and to keep things simple for myself and the zero people who will read this, I will label my titles to include which episodes I watched during my run that day)

I hope this helps me a bit and to anyone who reads this, I hope it is at the very least an interesting way to re-watch an amazing journey of two dudes and an anime RPG monster creating game thing.

-G0rd

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

Hey everyone (even though no one will ever read this)

In the recent months I have become dangerously out of shape. I am not talking about love handles or Seth Rogan here I am talking about being out of breath from going up a flight of stairs, fucked up shit like that. It was caused mainly due to a combination of me not moving my ass and eating a lot of pizza and spaghetti, both of which are fine foods in moderation, but not multiple times a week.

Anyways back to the topic at hand. In my effort to loose weight I am hoping to link one of my favorite things ever (the Persona 4 Endurance Run in all its entirety) and exercise (mainly walking/jogging on the treadmill). I figure 99 hours worth of watching material should be a good way to keep me coming back to the treadmil if I can combine the two of them correctly.

Today was my first day and I think I did pretty well. I watched the first episode of the endurance run, around 16 minutes long and walked while watching it.

I hope to watch multiple episodes per run to increase the amount of time I exercise per session, and to eventaully graduate to jogging and dare I say running. But today was the first day in awhile since I had been on the treadmill so I though I would take baby steps.

I am also going to keep this blog as a way not to go too long without exercising. A Journal if you will.

(If I don't post for a couple of days or a bit more I am probably at my girlfriends, but that's life, so I'll just have to work out as much as I can)

Here's a link to Episode 1 for those who are interesting and re-watching the Endurance Run with me:

http://www.giantbomb.com/endurance-run-persona-4-part-01/17-219/

(Oh and to keep things simple for myself and the zero people who will read this, I will label my titles to include which episodes I watched during my run that day)

I hope this helps me a bit and to anyone who reads this, I hope it is at the very least an interesting way to re-watch an amazing journey of two dudes and an anime RPG monster creating game thing.

-G0rd

Unmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Unmada

That's a great idea! I think it's good you're taking it slow for starters. My journey to fitness began with little walks which increased in distance only very slowly for over a year. The most important thing is sticking with it, and it sounds like following Jeff and Vinny into the world beyond the TV is a fun way to stay on track.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

(even though no one will ever read this)

I hate it when people post stuff like this.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

@BraveToaster said:

He might not have realized he was posting to the forums.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

@Dagbiker said:

@BraveToaster said:

He might not have realized he was posting to the forums.

I figured that someone with 310 posts would have figured it out by now, but okay.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Baillie

@BraveToaster said:

I hate it when people come into a thread and post nothing but useless shit. Go away BraveToaster.

I think it's a great idea, my only suggestion is don't cheat and watch any episode while not on the treadmill. It may lead to your downfall!

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By sissylion

This is a great idea. Good on you for thinking of it, and good luck with your regiment.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By fossas

You have the entire Giant Bomb Community's support!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

Neat idea, duder! I wish I had a treadmill so I could watch videos while running. I settle for the Bombcast instead.

Good luck, and stick with it!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

Your diligence is gonna max out like a mofo.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

@G0rd0nFr33m4n: Cool idea! I did this with the Trigun and Rurouni Kenshin series a while back. Watch a few episodes each walk.

Just make sure not to watch any unless you are walking, and just be aware that it might become a bit more difficult to watch and/or listen if you start moving up to heavy jogging and running. Music is better for that level of activity, but with shows like this, they can lose a bit of something and/or become a distraction from jogging to your fullest, especially later on in a series when you are more interested in the content. So, just be willing to perhaps transition into watching an episode or two during walking and then do just some music or the bombcast when doing your jogging portion.

Good luck with it! :)

Lyfeforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lyfeforce

I am all for this and will in fact use this idea for myself!

good luck, man!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By eccentrix

Aha! This is your chance!

BitDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BitDistillery

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing your updates.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a really good idea!  Ill give you a follow because Im curious about your progress and everything

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By musubi

Well here is rooting for you man. I hope you accomplish your goal.

Velutha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Velutha

I usually watch QLs or TNTs on my phone with headphones when I'm on the treadmill so I will attest that this is a great way to do it! It makes time fly by.

Keep it up duder and keep posting

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By hockeymask27

Hope it all goes well.

BrianJ_OK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By BrianJ_OK

I've also recently noticed the pounds adding on and have been trying to get motivated into losing some weight. Wife recently bought me an iPad as a present and I'm thinking I might follow along with you. I have a treadmill a friend gave me. So I think tomorrow I'll hop on and try this out! Looking forward to sharing experiences with you and hopefully we can stay motivated!

Zenogiasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Zenogiasu

Good luck, man. I've started running while listening to A Storm of Swords.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NathHaw

PRE AND POST ER PICS!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By nightriff

@G0rd0nFr33m4n: Good luck man and keep us posted. Its a fantastic idea and would do it with you but I'm currently on episode 123 and don't have access to a treadmill. I just run to the Bombcast which I'm listening to all episodes (23 Days worth I believe). Not 1 episode per run though, that is just crazy.

Good luck Duder!!!!

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By papercut

Man...that Teddy boss fight is going to be one long work out.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I always listen to podcasts when I lift. When I run I prefer to not listen to anything because I like to listen to the area around me and the beat of my feet hitting the ground but I did start out by listening to podcasts and it does make the time fly! Keep it up and you will never regret it!

theharleyquin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By theharleyquin

I fully support you in this - GLHB