Edited 6 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Pick your poison: Anime or Wrestling (651 votes)

Anime 68%
Wrestling 32%

If anime is for jerks, then who is wrestling for? (You don't want to hear my answer).

#1 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Anime. Duh.

#2 Posted by Sterling (2512 posts) -

Where is the option for neither?

#3 Posted by Sterling (2512 posts) -

Or the option for Wrestling Anime?

#4 Posted by Wolfgame (820 posts) -

I don't think a wrestling fan will bodyslam me if I imply that it's possible for a wrestling fan to also like anime.

#5 Posted by oraknabo (1513 posts) -

I understand the appeal of wrestling and I get why Jeff & Alex like it, but apart from a brief interest in the mid-80s stuff when I was in 5th grade, I have never gotten into it.

On the other hand, I really appreciate any well made animation and love movies by Otomo, Ghibli and Satoshi Kon. I think about 90% of anime is still garbage, but the stuff that's good is excellent so I have to pick anime.

#6 Posted by TruthTellah (9363 posts) -

Anime is for jerks. Wrestling is for RAAAAAAA *hits a chair on someone*

#7 Posted by TruthTellah (9363 posts) -
@sterling said:

Where is the option for neither?

You have to pick a side in this war. You are either with us or against us.

#8 Edited by believer258 (12019 posts) -

Anime. I have absolutely no interest in wrestling.

#9 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3599 posts) -

I prefer both in spurts not in long marathons.

#10 Posted by BigJeffrey (5096 posts) -

Hentai is lumped in with anime right? I choose that one.

#11 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4666 posts) -

Anime. I ain't no nerd.

#12 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

If I have to watch wrestling, i must insist that it be either the Mexican or Japanese variety. American pro wrestling has this macho self seriousness that I find very offputting. At least in Mexico and Japan they are very self aware about how dumb the whole thing is and play up that angle to great comedy effect. I once watched Bob Sapp fight a guy in a Kinnikuman mask during an MMA show. It was not a pro wrestling fight though. Real mixed martial arts match. :)

Holy crap it's on youtube. Observe the magic:

#13 Edited by Rolkien (87 posts) -

Anime is my poison, I enjoy the shit out of wrestling but Anime does things to me. It's like a drug.

#14 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

Anime, of course.

#15 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Wrestling. No interest in Anime at all.

#16 Edited by 49th (2789 posts) -

I have enjoyed anime in the past. Wrestling is stupid and lame forever.

#17 Posted by MB (12788 posts) -

@rolkien said:

....Anime does things to me. It's like a drug.

It makes you sick to your stomach?

#18 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4856 posts) -

@sterling said:

this is the only correct answer.

#19 Edited by Turambar (6814 posts) -

@sterling said:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventures is also basically anime wrestling.

#20 Edited by Rolkien (87 posts) -
@mb said:

@rolkien said:

....Anime does things to me. It's like a drug.

It makes you sick to your stomach?

It makes me furiously throw up in a heated rage.

#21 Edited by Animasta (14715 posts) -

Does VGCW count as wrestling? If it does I'll go with that since that's basically all I'm watching along with soccer youtube videos.

#22 Edited by Slag (4643 posts) -

Anime is my Vice.

You pickin up what I'm puttin down?

#23 Posted by MeatSim (10905 posts) -

I want a double dose of poison so both.

#24 Posted by Tom_omb (410 posts) -

I enjoy me some Miyazaki and Cowboy Bebop, but I only really know the wrestlers that move on to movies. I don't begrudge fans of either.

#25 Edited by Rxanadu (509 posts) -

@rolkien said:

Anime is my poison, I enjoy the shit out of wrestling but Anime does things to me. It's like a drug.

This, but without the wrestling part.

#26 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5825 posts) -

I guess I'm a jerk.

#27 Edited by gaminghooligan (1468 posts) -

Anime.

#28 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4424 posts) -

As someone who spent their childhood over in Ireland, I completely missed the point of wrestling when I moved to the States. I'll go with anime even though I hate the vast majority of it.

#29 Edited by Wikitoups (851 posts) -

what about both????

#30 Posted by EdgeKasey (139 posts) -

When done right, there is nothing like anime....guess I'm a jerk too :)

#31 Edited by TooWalrus (13241 posts) -

I'm not sure I can imagine a dumber form of entertainment than wrestling. Oh wait, stuff like duck dynasty and similar shows are pretty shit too. Anyway, Anime I can appreciate.

#32 Posted by Aegon (5712 posts) -
#33 Edited by Demoskinos (15034 posts) -

I love me some anime but if I had to pick one Wrestling all the way.

#34 Edited by forteexe21 (411 posts) -

I like both, am i the worst person ever?

#35 Posted by pyromagnestir (4327 posts) -

I was way into wrestling at a couple points in my life. But I vote anime, because anime can actually be good. Wrestling can only at its best be dumb in a fun way. And it doesn't get to that point very often.

#36 Edited by Steadying (1380 posts) -

I don't watch either, but anime obviously, why the hell would I watch wrestling.

Actually, does Ghost Problems count as wrestling?

#37 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11934 posts) -

I don't understand wrestling at all. Anime? I don't understand that either, but I'm entertained.

#38 Edited by YoThatLimp (1928 posts) -

Spoiler: They are both for jerks.

#39 Posted by Beforet (2931 posts) -

The correct answer is wrestling anime.

#40 Posted by super2j (1735 posts) -

hmm Kill la kill and death note or dudes fake hurting each other when boxing and ufc exists.... Geee tough decision.

#41 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Anime i can get behind. Theres ALOT of garbage in anime, like ALOT. I only like a handful of anime shows honestly, the goofy shit is so dumb. Attack on Titan, bebop, FMA, outlaw star, ghost in the shell, stuff like that is awesome. DBZ, bleach, all these over the top dumb shows are just garbage.

But wrestling? How the fuck do people even like that? It's fake scripted stupid stories about greased up men in underwear fake fighting. Even as a little kid i didnt like wrestling i thought the stories were dumb even then. I mean my favorite show as a kid was Batman the animated series, that had FAR more sophisticated and intellectually stimulating stories than wrestling has ever done. I'm not trying to rain on anyones parade or anything, if you like it good for you. I just don't understand at all. Is it in like an ironic "it's so bad its good" type way? I mean i enjoy getting some drinks, some friends and riffing on bad movies alot, especially action or horror flicks (bad comedies are like the opposite of funny). I dunno, if a wrestling fan wants to enlighten me on why they like it, i'd like to hear it. I'm honestly curious. I'm not judging btw. I like some dumb shit too.

#42 Posted by Capshot (40 posts) -

I chose anime, but the real question is: Where does luchador wrestling with Chie go?

#43 Edited by Yummylee (22131 posts) -

I really like Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler... if that counts in any way. But then I also quite like Grave of The Fireflies... and Tales of Symphonia & Vesperia, which aren't anime but are heavily anime-influenced. Vesperia did get an anime prequel, though, but I haven't seen it. I also think The Rock was awesome in Welcome to the Jungle--I DON'T KNOWWWWWW STOP IT STOP IT SOPT IT

#44 Posted by TheBluthCompany (397 posts) -

I choose poison.

#45 Posted by BeachThunder (12118 posts) -

Most anime seems laughably terrible, but there is a lot more artistry that goes into creating anime - even if smooth animation and facial anatomy apparently elude anime creators...

Wrestling always seems like embarrassing pseudo-macho nonsense.

#46 Posted by LiquidPrince (16032 posts) -

Anime. I have absolutely no interest in wrestling.

Words taken straight from my mouth. I'd also like to add: fuck wrestling.

#47 Posted by Sinusoidal (1681 posts) -

Though it is few and far between, there is at least some intelligent anime out there. I've yet to see intelligent wrestling. Except for maybe some of Mick Foley's late 90s, early 00s work. There also might just be some fucking crazy underground Mexican or Japanese league that's worth watching for the sheer spectacle...

Like this Japanese man -vs- woman fluorescent bulb match! (I chose the third part cause it takes them a while to get this bloody, that side-suplex onto a bunch of fluorescent tubes, man!!)

#48 Posted by Christoffer (1877 posts) -

I stopped watching anime a long time ago, aside from a few full feature movies. But I don't see myself watching wrestling in a million years. So anime it is.

#49 Edited by Milkman (17073 posts) -

I rest my case.

#50 Edited by Hailinel (25179 posts) -