Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

So my dad just brought me 5 liters of some quality vine, which is awesome! I didn't eat anything today which is...i guess why I got drunk after the first 3 litters. Not completely drunk just uh, just mildly well maybe a little more than mildly drunk. Can still type with some efficiency though. And then I started playing Borderlands 2. And uh, while extremely fun (alcohol makes everything more fun) my aim is worse than usual, like a lot. Although I was fighting stalkers which are a bitch to take down at close range, especially the rabid stalker. So did ya ever play video games while being drunk? And if so, how was it? If not, try it, it's awesome!

So share experiences, and um...forgot what I was gonna say but yeah. Have fun people!...I'm fucking laughing at everything!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ShaggE

It's fun at first, but I invariably get frustrated when I want to play for real and I have to wait until I sober up.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By inkerman

I know some friends who got Better at Dragon Ball Z when they were drunk.

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@ShaggE: Imma start up Borderlands 2 now and really try to concentrate. I'm not that fucking drunk damn it....lets see how much money I lose. I'll hate myself in a couple of hours.

@Inkerman: Classic! Maybe I need to drink more?

Celegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Celegus

I think alcohol is gross so I've never tried, never will.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By HH

my flatmate used to wait till i came home drunk before he challenged me to halo, cos only then, without fail, could he wipe the floor with me.

and of course i'd be too drunk and stupid to say no.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Vonocourt

I remember Bulletstorm being impossible to play while drunk because of the weird FoV.

TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Celegus said:

I think alcohol is gross so I've never tried, never will.

...I think you're gross! Don't trash talk alcohol man, how would you know if you never tried it? It's fucking awesome!

@HH: It's enough to say drunk, if you are then it also means you're the other thing as well.

RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RWBladewing

Drunken fighting games against friends who don't normally play them was a hilarious experience. I'm essentially a scrub but I was trying to act like a commentator and spouting fg lingo nonstop (yelling for everyone to get hype basically every couple minutes, cheering over 2 hit combos and "mixups" consisting of a single low attack, saying not knowing how to do any moves besides basic punches and kicks was "strong fundamentals", calling anyone who lost salty, etc. Definitely have to do that again sometime.

Also started a new game of Persona 4 while drunk, named my character Steve Drunkass and later defeated Shadow Yosuke while asleep.

Good times.

Celegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Celegus

I've tried many different types of alcohol, but they all make me feel sick. I've been buzzed but not drunk, and completely hated the feeling. I just don't get the appeal personally.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaggE

It just hit me... playing Amnesia on a hallucinogen. Anybody want to bite that particular bullet?

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ninjalegend

I never play drunk. I try to get a buzz on on my days off, and hen partake in a videogame session. I think the fun to buzz ratio has a peak, and then a sharp decline as motor skills are affected. When the sense of euphoria and lack of inhibitions set in, it is a good time too stop. By the time it makes you feel a bit sleepy, your motor skills are shit.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bell_End

congrats on being drunk by the way. well done!

i don't like playing games while im drunk. but i used to LOVE playing game whilst stoned.

i don't smoke weed anymore but nothing heights the experiance of playing a cool game more than a packed blunt of some headfucking green.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Christoffer

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

So my dad just brought me 5 liters of some quality vine, which is awesome! I didn't eat anything today which is...i guess why I got drunk after the first 3 litters.

Mildly drunk after 3 liters of wine? Am I missing something here? That's a lot.

I do love to sip on a beer or a whiskey while playing games (only on weekends that is), but I don't enjoy games drunk. Maybe some Singstar or Buzz on a party, but that's it.

razkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By razkazz

I've searched for the ultimate game to play drunk but like ShaggE said, it's fun for a short time but I end up sucking too bad to play for long. I probably had the most success with small arena shooters like Punisher: No Mercy and Cellfactor: Psychokinetic Wars. Tetris Worlds and The Guy Game are a blast while drinking with 2 or 3 friends though.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By forkboy

In the past I have woken up the next day to see my big strategy game save file (be it Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis, Medieval Total War, even Football Manager) totally ruined by some drunken asshole. Me. So now I won't play anything that involves too much thought after a couple.

Rock Band drunk still works fine though, despite slightly slowed reactions. I always assumed that was an intentional design decision on the behalf of Harmonix.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't drink, otherwise the Gentle One will not know my face when he comes to wash the world in blood.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ajamafalous

Dota is hilarious because you don't give a fuck.

ze_ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ze_ro

@Celegus said:

I've tried many different types of alcohol, but they all make me feel sick. I've been buzzed but not drunk, and completely hated the feeling. I just don't get the appeal personally.

I feel you. My body doesn't cope with pot at all. Everyone is unique.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By nightriff

Only got drunk once, had fun but I don't see a reason to do that all the time. As I tell my friends, if I need alcohol to want to hangout with you guys, that's NOT a compliment.

I have always wanted to get drunk or at least buzzed and try and play guitar hero/rock band. Played the shit out of those games and was curious how good I would be under the influence but never got around to doing it.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Meltac

Tried it, and I would rather play sober. Playing high though (especially Fifa), is fun.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SharkEthic

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

i guess why I got drunk after the first 3 litters.

Say what? 3 liters of wine is 4 bottles (750 ml standard), quality wine has an alcohol content of around 14 %, which means that you just drank around 300 ml of pure alcohol over the course of, what sounds like, a fairly short amount of time. You sir, would be neither "mildly" or "maybe a little more than mildly" drunk. Let's say you weigh around 200 lb and is not a veteran alcoholic, that'd make for a blood alcohol percentage of around 0,4 (accounting for a decrease in BAC of 0,01 every 40 minutes), which brings you pretty fucking close to dead.

Either way, drinking and gaming is awesome. Getting buzzed and playing Journey for the first time is one of the best times I've had with a game this generation.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sploder

Yeah it's amazing. Though I have to say 3 litres is a fucking huge amount of wine to have drunk and still retain the ability to use a computer, especially if it's good wine like you said. I once drunk a whole bottle and couldn't type properly.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By david3cm

I have some fond memories of going to the bar with my roommates, grabbing little Cesar's hot and ready and then playing some starcraft 2 multiplayer with them and having a blast.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ervonymous

I've had my best streaks in Tribes: Ascend while drinking cheap wines, it's fun every once in a while.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Freshbandito

Playing league of legends whilst drunk is always a good way to piss people off, it doesn't help that when drunk and playing games you feel the incredible urge to let everyone know that you're intoxicated (much like with this thread) and that will never help the situation, especially with the kind of socially maladjusted reporobates that tend to loiter in moba communities.

The main problem is when you reach that level of drunk as shit that the entire room starts to spin, especially with 3 liters of wine in your system, enough to hospitalize and near kill you...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By BBAlpert

Drunken Mario Kart is fun, but very difficult. Remember kids, don't drink and drive.

runnah555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By runnah555

I play the game of life drunk all the time.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By singular

I don't drink while playing video games. Although it happens that i'm playing while drunk. Usually when I get home from some party and are to hyped to go to sleep right away I play a bit to calm myself down into a state where I am able to lie down and sleep :D Having some beers and playing games in company is fun too. But drinking alone is just sad.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Carryboy

@SharkEthic said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Say what? 3 liters of wine is 4 bottles (750 ml standard), quality wine has an alcohol content of around 14 %, which means that you just drank around 300 ml of pure alcohol over the course of, what sounds like, a fairly short amount of time. You sir, would be neither "mildly" or "maybe a little more than mildly" drunk. Let's say you weigh around 200 lb and is not a veteran alcoholic, that'd make for a blood alcohol percentage of around 0,4 (accounting for a decrease in BAC of 0,01 every 40 minutes), which brings you pretty fucking close to dead.

Either way, drinking and gaming is awesome. Getting buzzed and playing Journey for the first time is one of the best times I've had with a game this generation.

Yeh he/she is trying to come over as cool.

I think drinking by yourself and playing games is pretty sad, playing games with other youve been out drinking can be fun though, Fight night is great as is sumotori for money.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I've had mostly great experiences playing drunk. Especially in group settings. I can't imagine playing some game whose basis is tactical precision would be any fun drunk, at least, not for your teammates trying to win or whatever. But fuck it. You're drunk.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By EarlessShrimp

As a matter of fact, my fiance and I had a couple of glasses of wine while giggling constantly at our tv screen with the absurdities of Tokyo Jungle. Hell, we even laughed out loud when a panda cheap shot my Pomeranian and 1-hit killed it(for the record I was in the process of fighting 2 panthers at that time)! For me, drinking and video games go well with each other but don't need to go together always.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By veektarius

When I come home drunk I might start something up, but I probably won't play longer than 15 minutes before I start feeling sleepy and go to bed. Just as well, considering how well I'm likely to do.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tomte

@Carryboy said:

@SharkEthic said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

Yeh he/she is trying to come over as cool.

I think drinking by yourself and playing games is pretty sad, playing games with other youve been out drinking can be fun though, Fight night is great as is sumotori for money.

well, if he drank it all within 30 minutes it might take a while unitl it affects him. He hasnt posted for an hour now...

I dont think its bad if people want to drink alone, some people prefer to be alone in daytime as well, whats the difference with drinking alone at night?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SharkEthic

@SinGulaR said:

But drinking alone is just sad.

Why? It's not like drinking alone automatically makes you an alcoholic.

I'm a grown man, with a wife and child. I enjoy the taste of beer, and won't confine myself to having one only in the presence of others. So why exactly do you find that sad? If I were to guess, I'd say it's because you don't know how to appreciate a fine glass of wine or a nice beer, without getting hammered and chugging that shit down with your friends over a game of beer pong.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By RainDog505

I have some fuzzy fond memories of a boozy couples tournament of NBA JAM TE on MAME a few years back and a couple rounds of 2Fort pubbing in TF2 while downing a six pack of Rolling Rock...but I largely keep alcohol and gaming in two neatly separated boxes

runnah555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By runnah555

@SharkEthic: I hear ya. Same situation. I enjoy a nice mirco-brew at the end of the week.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SharkEthic

@runnah555 said:

@SharkEthic: I hear ya. Same situation. I enjoy a nice mirco-brew at the end of the week.

You sad little man ;)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By musubi

Seeing as I've chosen to be straight edge can't say I'd know. Not going to poo on people that choose to drink but just not my style.

runnah555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By runnah555

@SharkEthic: One man can only take so much nagging and crying....

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Carryboy

@tomte: Fair point, but in my opinion there's a difference between unwinding at the end of a hard day with a glass of whiskey by yourself and drinking bottles of wine by yourself while playing video games.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EthanielRain

It's about the only time I do drink anymore. As long as you don't get TOO drunk, it's a nice enhancer.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By redcream

Yeah, I played League of Legends drunk using Blitzcrank. My pull was still hitting in spite of that and we ultimately won.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

You drank 3 litres of wine? I am a good drinker and that is an awful lot of booze to be in your stomach. What percentage is it?

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cronus42

Long time EVE player here, and that is one of the few games I'll play drunk. That being said, it is by far the worst and kinda best game you could choose to play drunk. It always seems to end with me spending hundreds of millions of hard earned space monies on a PVP ship, getting blown up because booze, then waking up the next morning wondering why my wallet is half empty. Usually doing this with 5 other guys I've known forever though, so then we all have the same "oh shit" experience the next day.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SharkEthic

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

You drank 3 litres of wine? I am a good drinker and that is an awful lot of booze to be in your stomach. What percentage is it?

I did the math on page 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The only thing I like to do while drunk is drink more. And be loud. And be about the worst person I can possibly be. I'm pretty frank to begin with, I'd say it's actually a positive quality, I don't tend to filter too much and I absolutely hate passive aggression (why use passive aggression when you can use aggressive aggression?). And booze makes all that even worse. I extremely interested in lettin you know what your problem is. Because I got it figured out.

I don't like to game while high simply because everything moves too fast and expects me to interact with it. I'm not interactive when I'm high. I also don't like people talking to me when I'm high, because I can't respond to them because I'm too wrapped up in wondering what my face looks like at that moment (which is always mouth hanging open, eyes a thousand yard stare).

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thedj93

super smash brothers is awesome under the influence

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By labman

I love to play FPS' but I'm terrible at them (and I mean terrible!). I've played them both sober and drunk, and I have to say that there's a certain sweet-spot between sober and drunk when my FPS playing abilities are slightly better. I'm not sure why I get a skill bump from being a little inebriated, but I can assure it helps. Now, if I drink too much/too fast, I get too drunk and my reaction times gets a bit sluggish.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@SharkEthic: Wow, slow day?