This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Edin899 (627 posts) -

So my friend and myself were discussing asians and their body's compares to latina's and white women.

My friend believes that asians in china and other asian country's are less curvy and have no ass or breasts because they eat alot of rice and healthy food.

He said when a asian go's to the USA from a asian country they start eating fast food and they become more curvy while staying skinny. So he is saying asians in the usa have bigger breasts and a better ass because they eat fast food and asians in china are less curvy because they eat healthy.

I believe this has nothing to do with food !

To clearify i believe it depends on the way you are build and your genes. What your parents passed on to you. He believes eating fast food will give asians bigger breasts while remaining skinny.

So is he right?

EDIT: Let me clear this up some more. He believes if a flat chested asian girl moves to the usa when she is 20 or 25, she will become more curvy and develop bigger breasts and a nice ass because of the fat junk food. He doesn't think it's because of her genes and what traits she got from her parents. He also thinks they wont gain any weight, they will just get bigger breasts. Unhealthy food is healthy for asians according to him.

#2 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3795 posts) -

Goddamn you half Japanese girls.

#3 Edited by believer258 (11663 posts) -

There are so many factors that determine how curvy a woman will be and how large her breasts and posterior will be that no one person can even tell you the right answer.

And that's completely ignoring that you've just generalized an entire fucking continent of women as small-breasted, flat-assed, and full of rice.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36049 posts) -

I have the slightest suspicion that this is racist.

#5 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@believer258 said:

There are so many factors that determine how curvy a woman will be and how large her breasts and posterior will be that no one person can even tell you the right answer.

And that's completely ignoring that you've just generalized an entire fucking continent of women as small-breasted, flat-assed, and full of rice.

Oh no..

I am talking about 1 woman..

She lives her life in china,....or in the USA.

Will she get bigger breasts while living in the usa because of fast food? While remaning skinny.

I think it has everything to do with genes...not your food. I can't let my penis grow 2 inches by eating at macdonalds every day.

#6 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Hahaha, no he is not right. Whereas your weight will cause you to have bigger breasts and a bigger ass it will also cause you to gain weight all over! It's all down to your genes and how you developed in puberty. The only way (as far as I know) food can influence the size of your breasts is if you don't get the right amount of nutrients whilst going through puberty. This is why a lot of anorexic girls struggle to get their breasts back if they become anorexic during those years.

#7 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

@believer258 said:

1. That's excellent.

OP: Whilst diet has a moderate effect of breast and posterior size, it's largely a genetic factor.

#8 Posted by LTSmash (603 posts) -

Christ.

#9 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Hmm. This is not appropriate.

Flagged.

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (11857 posts) -

Wait, I thought you were banned?

#11 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

I am not a racist ! I love all races ! Please read my edit i cleared it up !

#12 Posted by scalpel (314 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Not really. It comes down to genetics.

#13 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Hahahahaha

#14 Posted by yoshisaur (2661 posts) -

These are fine conversations to have with a trusted friend, but don't bring small-minded discussions of bigotry into the public. Not only does it make you look like a jack-ass, it further impacts a first-glance reputation of the community to inspired to discuss with.

#15 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@scalpel: Thank you!

#16 Posted by Stepside (508 posts) -

@believer258 said:

Well said.

#17 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Pretty much what @Erzs said. If you're naturally skinny and want to try and increase your curves then eating fast food will do you no good at all. A much better alternative is to regularly eat healthy foods in larger portions, and even then it all depends on your metabolism.

#18 Posted by rm082e (197 posts) -

It's not food, it's genetics. Take a dozen typical Asian women and a dozen typical white American women - all with the same body fat percentage - and the American women will typically weigh more, be taller, and have larger measurements in the bust and hips. Similarly, the average white American male will be taller and heavier than his Asian counterpart. People who are naturally smaller in frame just get "skinny fat" when they eat a higher calorie diet unless they are also lifting weights. They don't get "curves" just because they eat more. Either you're born with "curves" or you're not. And of course there are people from all ethnic backgrounds who have "curves" - it's just genetic.

I see the same thing on weight lifting forums all the time - short guys want to get "big like Arnold" and while they can certainly add muscle, they need to drop the comparisons because nothing is going to make them taller. It's just genetics...

#19 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@believer258: We are not racist, he has a asian girlfriend. Just a honest question

#20 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@rm082e: Thank you, thats what i told him !

#21 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

@believer258: We are not racist, he has a asian girlfriend. Just a honest question

Racist or not, which it totally is, this is not an appropriate forum conversation for this website.

#22 Posted by mikey87144 (1667 posts) -

I'm not to sure about this thread

#23 Posted by Hunter5024 (5546 posts) -

Im pretty sure Fast Food isn't just going to go straight to your ass and boobs. If they wanted to have bigger boobs, milk might help, and I think that is more common over here in America than in Asia.

#24 Posted by triviaman09 (786 posts) -

Oh, Giantbomb community. You never cease to amaze me.

#25 Posted by RedLeader (36 posts) -

Hit up American conservative forums, maybe? I hear those folks are super into wildly and narrow-mindedly generalizing/marginalizing/belittling entire demographics of people based on things  about themselves  they have no power to change . 

#26 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

While I can't speak to the curves thing, if you visit both China and Japan, you'll notice that the Japanese are significantly taller than the Chinese on average. There's been a few studies on this (and not just relating to Japan), and it has a lot to do with Japan's affluence and its people eating a more 'western style' diet (basically more meat and dairy). I'm sure genetics play a part too, but the Japanese are quite a bit taller than they were a couple of generations ago. You can see this in Mexico too, where you have areas where people eat well and are probably right around the same height as your average American, while there are parts of Mexico where the people are basically desperately poor farmers, and they're much shorter than their richer urban counterparts.

So I wouldn't be surprised if this is a factor in the OP's question, but it's overall diet, not just fast food.

#27 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

A lot of factors come into play so you can't really say eating junk food will give you a bountiful chest nor just genes alone will determine your size and shape.

BTW, I'm asian and that was definitely racist.

#28 Edited by Sweep (8823 posts) -

Racist, misogynistic and generally innapropriate? Hot damn, we have a winner!

And by winner, I mean loser. And by loser I mean you.