#1 Edited by Aegon (5638 posts) -

It's the hot new thing. Well, the old thing that's new again. Make your own HTML website with neocities. They have a limited amount of space, so if you want your own, time's a wasting.

I don't have much to show you, since I've been busy acquiring a lot of "domains" (high 20's), but Giant Bomb's very own Jeff Gerstmann has charged to the front with his shiny new site.

#2 Posted by mlarrabee (2962 posts) -

Oh, man, now I'm just waiting on Anglefire.

#3 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -
#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

jeff spelled website wrong :p

#5 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Man, how do you program them? Looks mad confusing.

Anyways, gonna go pick up some major brand names.

#6 Edited by ShaggE (6454 posts) -
#7 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Alright, time to being working on my masterpiece.

#8 Edited by notdavid (839 posts) -
#9 Edited by Aegon (5638 posts) -
#10 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Just picked up

kimkardashian.neocities.org

kanye.neo

kanyewest.neo

bieber.neo

wwe.neo

chrisbrown.neo

rkelly.neo

ashtonkutcher.neo

cnnbrk.neo

avril.neo

coldplay.neo

davematthewsband.neo

foxnewschannel.neo

theCW.neo

GOP.neo

anncoulter.neo

charliesheen.neo

ronpaul.neo

familyresearchcouncil.neo

beyonceknowles.neo

lebron.neo

lebronjames.neo

kingjames.neo

shaq.neo

IM ON A FUCKING ROLL

#11 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
#12 Edited by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

I registered http://giantbombfansite.neocities.org. My plan was to have the page pink with love-hearts all over the place and have pictures of the Giant Bomb staff. Because I thought that would be dumb and funny and in the whole geocities spirit. But I'm lazy, so instead I just uploaded a bunch of dumb under construction gifs.

The site will probably be like that for eternity. Do not take those gifs as a sign that anything is actually under construction. I'd like to do the pink staff loveheart page, but like I said before, I'm lazy.

#13 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

Add

espn.neocities.org

theheritagefoundation.neo

rnc.neocities.org

teaparty.neo

teapartypatriots.neo

hungergames.neo

willsmith.neo

nygiants.neo

miamiheat.neo

perezhilton.neo

bbcnews.neo

lmfao.neo

miley.neo

mileycyrus.neo

sportscenter.neo

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FOWARD ALLLLLLLL OF THOSE TO GIANTBOMB.COM!!!!!!

#14 Edited by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

@boocreepyfootdoctor: Changing the HTML of the index page to <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=http://www.giantbomb.com"> should in theory do the job. Bearing in mind I know relatively little about HTML and I found that code via google.

#15 Posted by Aegon (5638 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

I registered http://giantbombfansite.neocities.org. My plan was to have the page pink with love-hearts all over the place and have pictures of the Giant Bomb staff. Because I thought that would be dumb and funny and in the whole geocities spirit. But I'm lazy, so instead I just uploaded a bunch of dumb under construction gifs.

The site will probably be like that for eternity. Do not take those gifs as a sign that anything is actually under construction. I'd like to do the pink staff loveheart page, but like I said before, I'm lazy.

Ah, I saw that before. You can probably add a comments section or something.

Add

espn.neocities.org

rnc.neocities.org

teaparty.neo

teapartypatriots.neo

hungergames.neo

willsmith.neo

nygiants.neo

miamiheat.neo

perezhilton.neo

bbcnews.neo

lmfao.neo

miley.neo

mileycyrus.neo

sportscenter.neo

My additions are a lot more nerdy. A bunch of fantasy book and game characters and video games every which way you can spell them (ex: FFXV, FinalFantasyXV, FF15, FinalFantasy15).

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21671 posts) -

@mattyftm said:

That's the perfect page. It's so perfect.

Man, seeing all of these shitty Geocities/Angelfire style pages take me back to the old days of when I had a WebTV and made my own Angelfire page.

#17 Posted by Pezen (1604 posts) -

Man, this brings me back.

There seemed go be a need for a complicated page for those angst ridden teenagers with their intellectual rebellion. So.. here goes nothing. Just creating that piece of shit brings me back. Maybe I should wear leggings on my arms and paint my finger nails black. Read Nietzsche and brood. Oh, those were innocent days.

#18 Edited by Soapy86 (2621 posts) -
#19 Edited by Garfield518 (404 posts) -
#20 Edited by shinboy630 (1140 posts) -

I am the proud owner of giantbombdotcom.neocities.org. No idea what I am going to do with it though. Maybe forward to gamebomb.ru?

#21 Edited by stalefishies (332 posts) -
#22 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Holy shit is this some kind of rebooted geocities.

Fuck me, that's the best thing ever.

#23 Posted by Dot (163 posts) -
#24 Posted by RadecAU (92 posts) -
@aegon said:

Giant Bomb's very own Jeff Gerstmann has charged to the front with his shiny new site.

new homepage

#25 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -
#26 Posted by sirdesmond (1241 posts) -
#27 Posted by ShaggE (6454 posts) -
#28 Posted by joey (984 posts) -
#29 Posted by notdavid (839 posts) -
#30 Edited by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@aegon said:
Giant Bomb's very own Jeff Gerstmann has charged to the front with his shiny new site.

Man, Jeff's site is so perfect.

@pezen said:

Man, this brings me back.

There seemed go be a need for a complicated page for those angst ridden teenagers with their intellectual rebellion. So.. here goes nothing. Just creating that piece of shit brings me back. Maybe I should wear leggings on my arms and paint my finger nails black. Read Nietzsche and brood. Oh, those were innocent days.

This is what I was expecting when I entered the thread. Needs more flaming skull gifs though.

I fucking lost it at the fourth picture

OH FUCK YOU JUST REMINDED ME OF BUDDY ICONS OH FUCK I'M HAVING LIKE FUCKING NOSTALGIABOMB FLASHBACKS JESUS CHRIST FUCK

#31 Edited by Jams (2961 posts) -
#32 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -
#33 Posted by fisk0 (4113 posts) -

I

@aegon said:

@mattyftm said:

Ah, I saw that before. You can probably add a comments section or something.

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Add

espn.neocities.org

rnc.neocities.org

teaparty.neo

teapartypatriots.neo

hungergames.neo

willsmith.neo

nygiants.neo

miamiheat.neo

perezhilton.neo

bbcnews.neo

lmfao.neo

miley.neo

mileycyrus.neo

sportscenter.neo

My additions are a lot more nerdy. A bunch of fantasy book and game characters and video games every which way you can spell them (ex: FFXV, FinalFantasyXV, FF15, FinalFantasy15).

Just picked up

kimkardashian.neocities.org

kanye.neo

kanyewest.neo

bieber.neo

wwe.neo

chrisbrown.neo

rkelly.neo

ashtonkutcher.neo

cnnbrk.neo

avril.neo

coldplay.neo

davematthewsband.neo

foxnewschannel.neo

theCW.neo

GOP.neo

anncoulter.neo

charliesheen.neo

ronpaul.neo

familyresearchcouncil.neo

beyonceknowles.neo

lebron.neo

lebronjames.neo

kingjames.neo

shaq.neo

IM ON A FUCKING ROLL

I hope you'll donate to them though, since they quite explicitly state that they only allow a limited number of pages (and I guess they can't check if all those accounts actually contain something) until they can afford a better server.

#34 Edited by Aegon (5638 posts) -
#35 Edited by ThunderSlash (1730 posts) -
#36 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2387 posts) -
#37 Edited by ch3burashka (5081 posts) -

@boocreepyfootdoctor: at least one of those will buy their domain name for a billion dollars. You're set.

#38 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

@ch3burashka: WWE. Being blissfully ignorant about social media is right up their alley, even since AOL Keyword days.

#39 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -