Podcasting is hard work

crevisjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By crevisjr

Hey y'all, I have been listening to this podcast for about 9 months now and I am enjoying it more and more every week. So much so, me and a friend now do our own podcast. Before this post gets written off as shameless plugging, I just want to make it clear; we are not trying to spam this forum with stuff about ours.

All I really am looking for is a little advice from anyone who wants to give any. I just want to know what people are looking for, what makes people stick around on a forum and what makes them stick with it.

Hope to hear from all of you soon with your excellent advice.

Cheers,

Stephen K

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

Spam!

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xMP44x

Make your podcast interesting. Write a script of what you need to do, and try to know it well. Also, try and get it accepted onto Apple's iTunes Store - it'll get a lot more hits there. Finally, make sure to compress it or edit it as well, so that it's good quality and not a huge file size.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Systech

You have to be willing to put some money into it. Coltonio7 and I had to throw in 20 bones for a Skype recorder and then have a monthly fee of $10 to host our podcast on an RSS feed so it can get on the iTunes Store. As for help on making it a quality podcast, think about straying away from the original ideas of what you usually listen to. Maybe throw in some good ideas and if you're up to par, people will listen.