Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Star Trek: The Next Generation Launch Edition Stardisc Coins

05/60 - Phaser Type II

Copyright 1994 - Paramount Pictures Stardisc Enterprise Inc.

"More powerful and generally larger in size than the type 1 phaser type 2 phasers were kept aboard Starfleet and Federation starships, starbases, space stations and at planetary facilities."

-Memory Alpha Wiki

I’ve always had a bit of a thing for laser weapons that fire one long, continuous beam. You know, like lasers actually are. They look super rad in combat situations, particularly when you have a bunch going off at once and it’s like a lattice matrix of fiery hot death.

Honestly I’ve thought the phaser was a really cool tv sci-fi weapon since the first moment I saw it. It looks cool, makes a cool sound, and has cool functions. It can incapacitate and kill and all you have to do is point and shoot.

I always wondered how people could dodge phaser blasts at close range anyway. Klingons must be surprisingly agile or have crazy spider sense or something.

What? Oh. Nothing much to say about this pog Stardisc in particular. It’s the same as the last four, really.

Don’t worry. We’re nearly out of the woods… Space… Space woods. Whatever. Hang in there, my beauties.

Fun Fact: I lived in a house that actually really had a universal television/VCR remote that was modeled after the Type II Phaser.