• 121 results
#101 Posted by Vade (391 posts) -

I went with Jackie Brown though I like Reservoir Dogs a lot too.

#102 Posted by halfpastwhenever (34 posts) -
  1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Reservoir Dogs
  3. Kill Bill Vol 1
#103 Posted by cutyoface (524 posts) -

I really liked Django Unchained.

#104 Posted by gamefreak9 (2327 posts) -

Dogs followed by kill bill 1, followed by pulp. But I haven't seen the new one yet.

#105 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4473 posts) -

Reservoir Dogs is the correct answer, though if this were a list of the best Tony Scott films then True Romance would definitely win.

#106 Posted by Sean2206 (261 posts) -

Inglorious Basterds personally followed by Pulp and Dogs, but I haven't seen Django yet so who knows.

#107 Edited by Meltac (1901 posts) -

Reservoir Dogs, without a doubt. Pulp Fiction comes in at a close second, but Reservoir Dogs has and will always be a favorite film of mine. Haven't seen Inglorious Basterds or Django Unchained yet, but I doubt that I'll find them better than Reservoir Dogs.

#108 Posted by Mezmero (1642 posts) -

I think Pulp Fiction is the most eminently watchable and rewatchable of all his movies. The fact that it's kind of three movies kind of hurts my opinion of it. Having said that I think I personally like the tone and execution of Reservoir Dogs above all of them so that's my vote. I still need to see Django Unchained toot sweet. Love all his movies regardless of corniness.

#109 Edited by Sursh (243 posts) -

inglorious basterds is whole-heartedly my favorite for reasons i cannot explain, i'll re-watch it at least once a fortnight. though it is not his best (that award goes to pulp fiction).

django unchained, (which i only viewed two days ago) appears to be his best work since pulp fiction. the scene with the 'skull and the dimples' had me holding back laughter at how 'typical tarantino' it was, i've always loved tarantino's style of unnecessary build up before chaos.

#110 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

@FLYmeatwad said:

Jackie Brown is his best, Basterds or Django are probably my 'favorite' in terms of which I would probably have the most fun/gain the most by rewatching.

This, but I would throw Pulp in there too in the fun to rewatch list.

#111 Posted by Legion_ (1195 posts) -

And it seems we have a winner...

PUUUUULP FICTIOOOOOOOOON!

Congratulations to Quentin Tarantino.

#112 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

A couple of days ago I would have said the complete Kill Bill, but I just watched True Romance and that movie is incredibly in every damn way so it takes it for me.

#113 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@gamefreak9 said:

Dogs followed by kill bill 1, followed by pulp.

Why are they following each other? Is this a setup for a joke? Tell me!

#114 Posted by Skyrider (288 posts) -

I can rewatch Inglorious Basterds at just about any given moment and enjoy it thoroughly, so I suppose that makes it my favourite.

#115 Edited by leebmx (1853 posts) -

Jackie Brown is the best. Its the only movie with a real heart. Followed by Reservoir Dogs and then Pulp Fiction. Remember seeing Reservoir Dogs at the cinema and being amazed at the time though. Crazy how much of a fuss all the violence caused when you think of all the stuff which comes out these days.

I don't really think he has made a properly good film since JB.(I haven't seen Death Wish or Inglorious Basterds) Kill BIll is awful and overlong, the worst film of his I have seen. I wish he would stop trying to ape all the movies he remembers as a kid and make something really original. I can't cope with all the nods and winks in his current work.

#116 Posted by seamus85 (116 posts) -

are we talking about directing or writing.

for directing i would say :Pulp Fiction followed by Kill Bill vol2

for writing Jackie brown followed by Reservoir Dogs

#117 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

Pulp Fiction is my favorite purely because of personal preference, and because my wallet is the one with Bad Ass Mother Fucker on it.

#118 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1581 posts) -

I'm going to have to say I love all of them, but I think Pulp Fiction may be his best work, when you look at it in context. Also you don't have My Best Friend's Birthday on there! I know it may not count, but come on, you should throw it on there for laughs.

#119 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3031 posts) -

Lots more Jackie Brown love than I thought I'd see.

#120 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

Reservoir Dogs, motherfucker.

#121 Posted by Red (5991 posts) -

I've only seen his movies of this millennium, but I'd probably put Kill Bill Vol. 2 at the top, followed by Vol. 1, Inglourious Basterds and Django.

I absolutely adore the tributary and just insane style of the Kill Bill movies, and I think Inglourious Basterds has perhaps the greatest ending action sequence of anything ever. I quite liked Django (Christoph Waltz is pretty amazing in it), but I just feel like the last half hour was slightly pointless.