#1 Posted by JayEH (535 posts) -

Kickstarter

Help fund a sequel to one of the greatest movies of all time!

Haha this has to be the funniest kickstarter I've ever seen. Uwe does not give two fucks.

#2 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

Uwe has to be the shittiest director/writer that ever lived. None of his shitty movies were cult classic worthy and there are a lot of extremely bad movies that people love. Maybe his movies are actually just too high of a budget or something.

#3 Posted by Aetheldod (3630 posts) -

A sad day for mankind :´(

#4 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

The sad thing is, people will fund the shit out of this movie because they want to see more Uwe Boll garbage. His complete lack of anything even resembling talent is not something worth rewarding.

#5 Posted by Revolver (84 posts) -

for a second there I became dyslexic and thought it was portal 2 glad I was wrong since its that guy directing

#6 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1622 posts) -

:(

#7 Posted by endoworks (290 posts) -

I'm excited for the idea of a interview dump truck after Patrick talked about scheduling an interview on twitter earlier

#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5809 posts) -

I like how your acting talent determines how big of a role you get to play in the movie. I mean even for $7500, they can't let us compromise the quality of the film.

#9 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4234 posts) -

Well, Fuck no.

#10 Posted by Vuud (2033 posts) -

Did Germany finally close that domestic movie production tax loophole?

#11 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (414 posts) -

For a Uwe Boll/Postal Kickstarter, those rewards sure are tame. I expected better...

#12 Edited by JouselDelka (966 posts) -

I was gonna back it but it's starring a woman? Pass... Uwe should stick to the original details, I loved Postal Dude in Postal 2. Shame!

@hailinel said:

The sad thing is, people will fund the shit out of this movie because they want to see more Uwe Boll garbage. His complete lack of anything even resembling talent is not something worth rewarding.

Rewarding? If I enjoyed the Postal games because they're crazy great, and found the first movie entertaining and wanted another 2 hours of ridiculousness, then I would back the movie for my pleasure, no one is rewarding anyone.

Not everything has to be top quality in the world, Tarantino and Boll can co-exist, you just can't fathom the concept.

#13 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

I was gonna back it but it's starring a woman? Pass... Uwe should stick to the original details, I loved Postal Dude in Postal 2. Shame!

@hailinel said:

Rewarding? If I enjoyed the Postal games because they're crazy great, and found the first movie entertaining and wanted another 2 hours of ridiculousness, then I would back the movie for my pleasure, no one is rewarding anyone.

Not everything has to be top quality in the world, Tarantino and Boll can co-exist, you just can't fathom the concept.

Oh, I can fathom that concept, but I can also understand that Uwe Boll does not make good movies. That the Postal movie lived up to the bottom-of-the-toilet-bowl standards of the Postal video game series does not in any way make it a good film. And if Postal is the high point of his career, that doesn't say much about his abilities given how atrocious and inept his filmography as a whole is.

#14 Posted by dudeglove (8019 posts) -

POSTAL 2 will be a controversial comedy in which we take up current political issues. We take the biggest scandals of our democracy, like the happenings about Julien Assange and Edward Snowdon and show that there is no difference between our democracy and the prison camps in Russia or China. We show that through this massive monitoring our communication data is not safe anymore! We want to make a movie which is totally uncensored, pointed against everything and everybody, against every political party and every religion. There will be no survivors.

I... uh... yeah, okay, Uwe.

#15 Edited by mlarrabee (2993 posts) -

I've been watching all of the TANG and WUTANG movies in Ryan's memory, and Postal is not Uwe's worst movie.

It's not good, mind you, but it has a clearer vision of what it wants to be than several of the others. It does have a few moments of dizzying madness, though.

@jouseldelka: Curious that you would mention Tarantino. I actually think he and Boll hold to a few of the same directorial theories.

#16 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2190 posts) -

Donor Reward: Take a giant shit on the corpse of Dave Foley

#17 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

If Anita made it, Uwe will.

#18 Posted by MonetaryDread (2074 posts) -

I liked the Postal movie and think that it is easily the best Uwe Boll flim I have seen. It was by no means a good movie, but I found it to be funny enough to watch a second time. I can understand if someone was offended by the 9/11 jokes, or the suicide-bombers terrorizing Americans, but I was able to laugh at the absurdity shown in the film. Plus, there was a lot of America bashing in that film, and I enjoy watching jokes that poke fun of Americans.

#19 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

I love the broken English. He obviously wrote that entire page up himself.

#20 Edited by GreggD (4507 posts) -

POSTAL 2 will be a controversial comedy in which we take up current political issues. We take the biggest scandals of our democracy, like the happenings about Julien Assange and Edward Snowdon and show that there is no difference between our democracy and the prison camps in Russia or China. We show that through this massive monitoring our communication data is not safe anymore! We want to make a movie which is totally uncensored, pointed against everything and everybody, against every political party and every religion. There will be no survivors.

I... uh... yeah, okay, Uwe.

Sweet Jesus of Nazareth, what is even going on here...

#21 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11914 posts) -

I advise against giving Uwe Boll any of your money, but if this does get funded I will be morbidly interested in the trainwreck that will result.

But seriously. Don't give Uwe Boll your money.

#22 Edited by Hunter5024 (5809 posts) -

So yeah, maybe I'm speaking too soon, but I really can't see this succeeding at the rate it's going. The first and last day are supposed to be the biggest for any Kickstarter, and even if they somehow managed to get this much every day, they would only make a fifth of what they're asking for. Then again I can't tell what time this was posted, so maybe it hasn't been up for a full day yet.

#23 Posted by CornBREDX (5623 posts) -

@hailinel: Actually the highlight of his career was Rampage which is actually a pretty good movie and worth seeing. He certainly is not a great director, and while I love to laugh at the schlock he does and hate him as a person (because he's a real prick) I have found it interesting watching his career arc. Past couple years he's started making decent films which for the most part means his movies are just boring now but there is a few that are pretty good. Again most notably for him, though, is Rampage.

It's really weird he's doing a kickstarter. Knowing him (as an outside observer) Its a joke or a publicity stunt. The kickstarter page reads like nonsense and in teh videos... what is he even talking about? haha

The man is insane.

#24 Posted by MiniPato (2743 posts) -

Postal 2? Aw, I wanted to see his take on Portal 2.

#25 Posted by TruthTellah (9318 posts) -

Uwe Boll has made an official response to Patrick's request for an interview.

It deserves to be a part of this thread:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSzEEF-CQAArJ_J.png:large

#26 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5801 posts) -

Nope

#27 Edited by Zaccheus (1797 posts) -

Oh, the humanity...

#28 Edited by jerseyscum (897 posts) -

It can't possibly be worse than Battlefield Earth.

#29 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

He's really no worse than Adam Sandler. And people turn up to Sandlers movies in droves.

#30 Posted by insanejedi (654 posts) -

Who wants to pitch in so someone in Giant Bomb can be in the movie and yell "THIS AIN'T NO GAME!" in honor of Ryan Davis?