#1 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

In some games you are given three options. You can increase strength, Defence, or things to do with wealth as in how fast you get money. Let's say you had 100 points to distribute. How would you distribute those? Mine would be Strength-80 Defence-10 and Wealth-10

#2 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

I read defence as defiance...I'm disappointed now. Also, no agility or dexterity? What the fuck happens if my favorite class is archer? But with these 3 attributes, 70 strength, 30 defence, wealth 0.

#3 Posted by Zelyre (1209 posts) -

I don't know. I'd probably put more points into defencing. Gates are a bitch to take down, but if you can take down the fence around it? Who needs to bash the door down?

I never take wealth. It might make the first couple of hours easier having a few more coins or a magic item, but you outgrow that stuff pretty quick. It might be more useful in a game like Baldur's Gate, but nowadays, you can just sleep through the first few hours of a game since its a glorified tutorial.

#4 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Sorry Sexy Toad I have been playing too much Skyrim, its Health, Stamina or Magic.

#5 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Strength - 60

Wealth - 15

Defense - 25

#6 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (722 posts) -

wealth - 80

defense - 10

strength - 10

my reasoning behind the point allocation into wealth is simple: money buys power and the backing of local, state, and federal politicians.

#7 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

what game are you talking about?

it's always strength, defense, agility. or vit, dex, magic.

i can't think of any game where "wealth" is a stat of serious importance. especially because there's always a way to get infinite money quickly somehow.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

What about wisdom?

#9 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

Depends upon what sort of game we are even talking about. In an RPG i'd probably go with defense 65, strength 35, wealth 0. Because I am rather against using finite points for things that do not build upon the character. Coming upon wealth over the course of the game is inevitable, I see no need to strip points from more important things for that. Would be on a par with getting perks that increase exp gain when the game has a level cap. They eventually wind up being useless once you get far enough into the game and you have then permanently wasted points that should have been allocated elsewhere.

As for a strategy game, wealth with a strong economy tends to be key, as you then use it to rapidly build up your offensive and defensive units and facilities.

#10 Edited by Pobearo (108 posts) -

Strength - 30, Defense - 50, Wealth - 20

I'm thinking more along the lines of strategy games for this than anything else, but yeah.

#11 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1250 posts) -

Strength-65 Defense-35 wealth-0

I rarely use money in video games and prefer power.

#12 Posted by Icemo (643 posts) -

@BraveToaster: Wisdom is for fools! ...Wait that doesn't make any sense

#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Wealth gives you the other two, so wealth.

#14 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

If I make the right type of enemies, then my defence could also require power and wealth, so 100 power, 100 defence, 100 wealth.