Posted by theviv (6 posts) -

i feel that that games should come with everything. pre-orders try to sometimes sell a bad product,but market the pre-order stuff!! keeping it short-it sucks!!
#1 Posted by theviv (6 posts) -

i feel that that games should come with everything. pre-orders try to sometimes sell a bad product,but market the pre-order stuff!! keeping it short-it sucks!!
#2 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3103 posts) -

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at, but I will say most pre-order bonuses are worthless.

#3 Posted by theviv (6 posts) -

mostly they are worthless. i wish companys would put more effort into the game , rather than  market  me a bad one. sometimes i feel low when i walk out the store with a game , and found out that i could have got more if i pre-ordered. even if the pre-order is bad.
#4 Posted by Patters666 (12 posts) -

Pre-order bonuses should be just that. I really like what has been done with steam on occasion, pre-ordering a game gives you a discount as well as another full game. Most pre-order bonuses are simple reskins of models, or an extra vehicle. A preorder containing an extra quest or mission is not so great. At this point I would say the free DLC for original buyers is the best approach ala Mass Effect 2, Forza 3, etc. 

The rationale behind pre-order bonuses however is sound, if you are willing to pay full price on or prior to day one then that is generally better for everyone in the industry. If purchasing at a later date one can often find the product for a lower price. Maybe a first week purchase with the bonus, then said bonus being released for a small fee later down the line would be a possible solution.

#5 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

preorder isn't that great. cool that u can get something good but nothing to great. sometimes different places have the same preorder things. i preordered from amazon i got a track, the same like gamestop had. i also got like free shipping and the price went down for it.

#6 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

I pre-order games that I want (see my wishlist), whether bonuses are included or not.

To me, in the UK, pre-ordering a game means:

• I usually get the game a day or so before the actual release date
  • guarantees a reduced price if the RRP is increased (provided that I pre-ordered a game at a lower price)
  • I don't have to worry about the game selling out or going to pick up the game as it's delivered to me