• 140 results
#1 Edited by Sary (35 posts) -

We're all busy folks nowadays so we can't blame those who might need a little pick-me-up here and there. For those tired, sluggish moments, what is your drink of choice? Coke-and-rum, amphetamine- Monster? Redbull? Rockstar? etc?

I've tried some of those all-natural mixes; EBoost is one of them. It sorta gets the job done (and no come-down, as well), but it tastes like bitter sadness o_o

Do let me know what you guys have tried and if there are any suggestions. I'm quite curious.

#2 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Rockstar.

I don't like Monster, but Red Bull is an very good suggestion, but it's usually very expensive.

#3 Posted by Sary (35 posts) -

Yeah, Redbull is actually kinda yummy and refreshing despite what people say.

Ah, that alertness, haha.

#4 Posted by Fattony12000 (7582 posts) -
#5 Edited by Sary (35 posts) -

Ice cold water is tasty, and good for you to boot!

This question ironic anyways since it's 4:33am here anyway =P

#6 Posted by Dots (115 posts) -

Coffee, black to the core, and lots of it.

#7 Posted by Mageman (349 posts) -

Drink tea.

#8 Posted by Sary (35 posts) -

@Mageman: Such as?

#9 Posted by OtakuGamer (1291 posts) -

Relentless, a better tasting cheaper version of Red Bull.

#10 Posted by mikey87144 (1807 posts) -

Tea mostly but coffee occasionally.

Also Monster if I desire something cold to get me through the last part of the day. A coke if I don't want too much caffeine. RedBull is too expensive for what it is.

#11 Edited by Sary (35 posts) -

For some reason I end up just regarding Monsters and Cokes as "tasty, cold drinks", and not things that particularly give me that "kick"".

- I've actually never heard of Relentless before. Interesting

Yeah I know, it sucks how Redbull is a bit expensive huh?

#12 Posted by two_socks (236 posts) -

Usually a Monster or one of those little energy shot things.

#13 Posted by Sary (35 posts) -

the thing about those Monsters and Rockstars are that they're so.. big...

#14 Posted by OtakuGamer (1291 posts) -

@Sary said:

For some reason I end up just regarding Monsters and Cokes as "tasty, cold drinks", and not things that particularly give me that "kick"".

- I've actually never heard of Relentless before. Interesting

Yeah I know, it sucks how Redbull is a bit expensive huh?

I think they only sell it in the UK. Which is a shame, but if you ever find one in your travels, don't hesitate to get one. ;)

#15 Posted by Owlhead (154 posts) -

I've had damn near every widely available energy drink. Who's Your Daddy (Green Tea Flavor) was really good when i could get it. My favorite so has has probably been Cocaine (the drink, not the drug) as that spicy strawberry burn in the nostrils is pretty awesome. Bawls is pretty tasty too, but weak. Don't like any of the shots.

Currently I've been alternating between Rockstar Cola and AMP Lemonade and that Monster Energy Übermonster Bio-bullshit as I dont really have the money or patience to order another case of Cocaine.

Who said I have a problem? I DONT HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM

#16 Posted by Icemo (659 posts) -

Regular Monster, Rockstar Punched Energy + Guava, Battery Energy Drink or whatever is on the shelf at the store.

#17 Edited by Sary (35 posts) -

Let's see now, things to keep in mind:

• Relentless
  • Who's Your Daddy
  • Cocaine Drink
  • battery Energt

Just out of curiosity, has anybody out there tried out Eboost before?

-Problem? What problem? I call that oh-hey-a-buddy

#18 Posted by Owlhead (154 posts) -

@Sary: Never heard of Eboost or Battery, but i live in the midwest now so we get new stuff infrequently if ever. The ONE thing i miss about living in So Cal.....

#19 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4832 posts) -

Coffee. So. Much. Coffee. I need to stop wasting my money on Starbucks though. I'm about to just say screw it, buy a coffee machine, and sign up for 'subscribe & save' from Amazon to get multiple bags delivered to my house on a monthly basis.

America.

#20 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

Tea

#21 Posted by phantomzxro (1583 posts) -

Monster (blue Monster) is my drink of choice but I do like the Arizona energy tonic if i don't want a pure energy drink and it seems a bit better for you on a day to day basis.

#22 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

Rockstar, the blue can... Blueberry and somthing. I love that one. But hell! I'll take anything with caffine in it.

#23 Posted by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

Coffee or black tea. Although the amount of wake-up benefit from any drink seems kind of limited.

#24 Posted by FavoritoBandito (167 posts) -

Tons of Black Coffee and 5 Hour Energy work for me

#25 Posted by Veektarius (5031 posts) -

I have one mug of coffee every morning.

#26 Posted by the_great_skenardo (110 posts) -

It's hard to find nowadays, but I liked the SoBe NoFear drink. When Ice-cold, it has a nice tart flavor along with some varieties of yuppie caffeine.

For Monster, I only enjoy the "Khaos" juice (orange) variety. the others are too much like soda for my taste.

that said, coffee is better in the morning.

#27 Posted by Danteveli (1205 posts) -

You have crossed out the stuff that makes me awake. I have to say a lot of different types of green tea had me on that rush.

#28 Posted by Owlhead (154 posts) -

Need to add an energy drinks section to the wiki...

#29 Posted by ShaggE (6724 posts) -

Cocaine Energy is my favorite, but it's hard as hell to find around here. One local convenience store actually made sure to keep them in stock just because I kept buying them, but they later got into shit for selling pirated DVDs and drug paraphernalia (which was weird, since every tobacco place in the area has bongs, crack pipes, etc.), so I think it's under new management now.

But back on subject, I have a high tolerance to caffeine, so drinks like Cocaine are miracle workers for me. And if the caffeine doesn't get you, the heavy cinnamon burn will. Great stuff.

#30 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

I take a hit of this stuff every morning. Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon Dioxide, Neon, Methane, Helium, Krypton, Hydrogen, and Xenon. Not all in the dames doses.

#31 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

Anything stronger than a cup of coffee makes me feel like I'm about to have a stroke and/or shit my pants.

#32 Posted by mlarrabee (3064 posts) -

Coffee and water from morning 'til night.

#33 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

A nice extra-large Latte, real milk, no sugar.

Energy drinks are a waste of time and gross to boot.

#34 Posted by Milkman (17341 posts) -

Coffee. I haven't had an energy drink in a long time.

#35 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I guess my preferred energy drink is the brown or the green Relentless, but if I need something to keep me awake I'll also go for a cold drink or something with caffeine in it.

#36 Posted by triviaman09 (804 posts) -

Wake Up Club

#37 Posted by lightsoda (542 posts) -

Coffee, about two cups a day.

#38 Posted by moffattron9000 (353 posts) -

My experience of American energy drinks has either tasted horrible (Monster) or been slightly homophobic (Rockstar) so I tend to stick to my local drinks of V (not to be confused with the major petrol station chain Z) and Lift Plus that tend to have a sweeter taste and at least one of them will be everywhere.

#39 Posted by Nightriff (5367 posts) -

Amps and Red Bulls....I always feel like shit afterwards though

#40 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Diet Coke or cold green tea. Both in vast amounts.

#41 Posted by Purpz (81 posts) -

Yeah, when ever i'm going on an all night session, I normally get some Relentless and Monster, and interchange between the two. But, in my personal opinion, the ones that taste nicer don't seem to do the job as well as others.

#42 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

Cheap supermarket versions did it for me.

I quit few years ago though, it only made me tired and pee a lot, not worth it.

#43 Posted by Grilledcheez (3958 posts) -

Coffee gives me the most energy and red bull is my preferred energy drink (although I drink very few these days).

#44 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

Crushed adderalls, but when I can't get one, Red Bull will typically suffice.

#45 Posted by coaxmetal (1658 posts) -

Black coffee, natch. No cream no sugar.

#46 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3248 posts) -

5 Hour Energy is the only one that seemed to work for me. I just enjoy the taste of the other ones.

#47 Posted by Isaiah (174 posts) -

I enjoy Viso its a local energy drink here in Portland OR. if the 300 mg Caffenine doesn't wake you up the Cranberry-Grapefruit flavor will. Plus the 0 calories doesn't hurt.

#48 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@Sary said:

Let's see now, things to keep in mind:

• Relentless
  • Who's Your Daddy
  • Cocaine Drink
  • battery Energt

Just out of curiosity, has anybody out there tried out Eboost before?

-Problem? What problem? I call that oh-hey-a-buddy

Oh man, that stuff is great. My friend got a case of it a some years back, and at the end of the year, while we were all packing up to move out of the dorms, we all chugged one and continued packing. Man, that is the fastest that I've ever packed in my life. And it's not too bad, if you like spicy cinnamon flavor.

#49 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1146 posts) -

@Dots said:

Coffee, black to the core, and lots of it.

Coffee black as midnight on a moonless night.

#50 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

A tall glass of 7-8 hours of sleep.