Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

so i bowl. i dont know if many of you on the site do. or if anyone on the site really cares about it. and thats ok, i understand that bowling is not the most popular sport out there. ive been bowling for only about four years, im a junior in high school right now, and i started in 8th grade. my dad has worked at my towns bowling center, which oddly enough is called The Bowling Center, for about 30 years. and i started working there about two years ago. so ive been around bowling all my life. when i got to high school i joined the high school bowling team. we had two seniors, and me and 4 other kids on my grade. i was the third best bowling that year (it was only my second year bowling at the time). but my favorite moment my from my last three years is this.

freshmen:
we were at our sectional game doing baker bowling (baker bowling is when one bowler bowls in the 1st and 6th frame, second bowler bowls in the 2nd and 7th frame and etc, you want you best to bowlers in the 4th and 5th spots). and as a freshmen, my coach at the time put me in the 5th spot as a freshmen! he took the seniors out (who were much better then me at the time) and put the freshmen in who only had two years of experience. we won i believe two or three games with me in the 5th spot. we beat the team (who slaughtered us early in the week). that was a great day.

sophomore:
so i finished with the third best avg on my team freshmen year. i worked my ass off that summer, trying to be the best i could be. and i did, i raised my avg from a 150 to a 180 in just one summer. when tryouts came around i shot the 2nd best series out of every bowler in the county that tried out for bowling. we had two new coaches that year, one was my dad who coached JV, and the other, was a friend of my dads, he coached varsity, which is what i was on. from the get go i was easily the best on the team. but the varsity coach didnt notice at all, he was all focused on the other guys, even though my avg was 20 pins highier then everyone else he ignored me. one of the kids he focused on was our lone senior, who was a total dick! he thought he was the shit, and easily thought he was better then me. at one practice i called him out and he almost quit. but one thing that year that pissed me off was that in the same sectional style as i stated above, we bowled one of the best teams in the state. and i was kicking ass. i stuck on 15 of my 20 shots. and had 5 spares. but our coach did not put me in the 5th spot, he put our senior in that spot because he kept bitching because he wasnt bowling in the 5th spot, and he sucked that day. we could have had a chance if i bowled the 5th spot but no. but i did have the last laugh, because in the sectional singles, i finished 6th out of 100 varsity bowlers. he didnt even crack the top 30. i finished that year with a 190 avg. 26 pins high then my freshmen year.

junior:
we had the same coaches this year. and to tell the truth, i liked this year. i had more fun, the coach respected me more. and i dominated. i had my first winning record this year, which i believe, i was 7 and 7, ok its not a winning recored, but that brings my total recored to 17.5-28.5 overall. i didnt have to deal with the asshole i had to deal with last year, so that made me happy. but one thing that was weird about this year, was that my coach would pull me aside and tell me how good of a job i did in that match, but he would never say it infront of the rest of the team, i dont understand that. i was very good this year, my avg was about 28 pins high then the rest of the team, again my avg was 190 this year. again another story from the sectional baker games, we were bowling in that again, and my coach took me out of the 5th spot to have me rest and to try out some of the other bowlers in the spot. we go KILLED that game, and after it my coach came up to me and said "ill never take you out again". this year i finished 4th out of 100 varsity bowlers, and i got a medal. yet i am disappointed because i know i could have done better, this should be the best moment in my bowling career, but i will always think of that lose.

so i am entering my senior year next year, and it will be my last year bowling in high school. i will miss it, and i am hoping to do better next year. i will spend most of the summer practicing, and i only have to pay 25 cents a game because i work there! heres some info about my bowling

my bowling idle: tommy jones

this is him after bowling a 300 in the weber cup, which is kinda like the world cup of bowling
this is him after bowling a 300 in the weber cup, which is kinda like the world cup of bowling

he has won PBA player of the year, PBA rookie of the year, (only 3 have won both rookie and player of the year, he was the 2nd ever to do that up until this year) hes won about 14 titles, including the U.S Open. he is only 30 and he is eligable for the hall of fame (you get that by winning 10 titles) heres a video of bowling a 300 in the weber cup, they all freak out because it was a huge win for the U.S., Europe was winning in the standings, and he led them to the Weber Cup championship for the 2nd straight year. he was also apart of the US Bowling team that won gold at the bowlings version of the olympics.

i throw storm equipment, their bowling balls smell, they put a scent on the for some reason. i have about $2000 worth of bowling equipment. my second idle would be my dad, hes helped me become the bowler that i am today, and i know he wouldnt admit it ever, but im getting better then him.

i plan to go to Vincennes University and bowl there. they have one of the best bowling programs in indiana, so ill have to step up my game. and Shawn Marion of the Toronto Raptors went there so its kinda famous.

thanks for reading
-trevor
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

so i bowl. i dont know if many of you on the site do. or if anyone on the site really cares about it. and thats ok, i understand that bowling is not the most popular sport out there. ive been bowling for only about four years, im a junior in high school right now, and i started in 8th grade. my dad has worked at my towns bowling center, which oddly enough is called The Bowling Center, for about 30 years. and i started working there about two years ago. so ive been around bowling all my life. when i got to high school i joined the high school bowling team. we had two seniors, and me and 4 other kids on my grade. i was the third best bowling that year (it was only my second year bowling at the time). but my favorite moment my from my last three years is this.

freshmen:
we were at our sectional game doing baker bowling (baker bowling is when one bowler bowls in the 1st and 6th frame, second bowler bowls in the 2nd and 7th frame and etc, you want you best to bowlers in the 4th and 5th spots). and as a freshmen, my coach at the time put me in the 5th spot as a freshmen! he took the seniors out (who were much better then me at the time) and put the freshmen in who only had two years of experience. we won i believe two or three games with me in the 5th spot. we beat the team (who slaughtered us early in the week). that was a great day.

sophomore:
so i finished with the third best avg on my team freshmen year. i worked my ass off that summer, trying to be the best i could be. and i did, i raised my avg from a 150 to a 180 in just one summer. when tryouts came around i shot the 2nd best series out of every bowler in the county that tried out for bowling. we had two new coaches that year, one was my dad who coached JV, and the other, was a friend of my dads, he coached varsity, which is what i was on. from the get go i was easily the best on the team. but the varsity coach didnt notice at all, he was all focused on the other guys, even though my avg was 20 pins highier then everyone else he ignored me. one of the kids he focused on was our lone senior, who was a total dick! he thought he was the shit, and easily thought he was better then me. at one practice i called him out and he almost quit. but one thing that year that pissed me off was that in the same sectional style as i stated above, we bowled one of the best teams in the state. and i was kicking ass. i stuck on 15 of my 20 shots. and had 5 spares. but our coach did not put me in the 5th spot, he put our senior in that spot because he kept bitching because he wasnt bowling in the 5th spot, and he sucked that day. we could have had a chance if i bowled the 5th spot but no. but i did have the last laugh, because in the sectional singles, i finished 6th out of 100 varsity bowlers. he didnt even crack the top 30. i finished that year with a 190 avg. 26 pins high then my freshmen year.

junior:
we had the same coaches this year. and to tell the truth, i liked this year. i had more fun, the coach respected me more. and i dominated. i had my first winning record this year, which i believe, i was 7 and 7, ok its not a winning recored, but that brings my total recored to 17.5-28.5 overall. i didnt have to deal with the asshole i had to deal with last year, so that made me happy. but one thing that was weird about this year, was that my coach would pull me aside and tell me how good of a job i did in that match, but he would never say it infront of the rest of the team, i dont understand that. i was very good this year, my avg was about 28 pins high then the rest of the team, again my avg was 190 this year. again another story from the sectional baker games, we were bowling in that again, and my coach took me out of the 5th spot to have me rest and to try out some of the other bowlers in the spot. we go KILLED that game, and after it my coach came up to me and said "ill never take you out again". this year i finished 4th out of 100 varsity bowlers, and i got a medal. yet i am disappointed because i know i could have done better, this should be the best moment in my bowling career, but i will always think of that lose.

so i am entering my senior year next year, and it will be my last year bowling in high school. i will miss it, and i am hoping to do better next year. i will spend most of the summer practicing, and i only have to pay 25 cents a game because i work there! heres some info about my bowling

my bowling idle: tommy jones

he has won PBA player of the year, PBA rookie of the year, (only 3 have won both rookie and player of the year, he was the 2nd ever to do that up until this year) hes won about 14 titles, including the U.S Open. he is only 30 and he is eligable for the hall of fame (you get that by winning 10 titles) heres a video of bowling a 300 in the weber cup, they all freak out because it was a huge win for the U.S., Europe was winning in the standings, and he led them to the Weber Cup championship for the 2nd straight year. he was also apart of the US Bowling team that won gold at the bowlings version of the olympics.

i throw storm equipment, their bowling balls smell, they put a scent on the for some reason. i have about $2000 worth of bowling equipment. my second idle would be my dad, hes helped me become the bowler that i am today, and i know he wouldnt admit it ever, but im getting better then him.

i plan to go to Vincennes University and bowl there. they have one of the best bowling programs in indiana, so ill have to step up my game. and Shawn Marion of the Toronto Raptors went there so its kinda famous.

thanks for reading
-trevor
Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

props to that man.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

thanks man

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gizmo

I can honestly say I didn't know that bowling was proffesionally played, good luck with it dude.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10

yeah a lot dont, its on sundays on ESPN, but its the off season now, so it wont be on, and thank you

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JCGamer

I love bowling!!!  My buddies used to bowl all the time when we all used to live together, and even today whenever we all get together--we bowl.  Keep it up.