Preparing for X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Wolverine

Judging from my username I'm sure you can assume I'm a huge X-Men fan and well I'm very excited for the upcoming movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine which comes out on May 1st in the states. To prepare for this special movie over the weekend I'll be watching the first three X-Men movies back to back to back. I have the first two X-Men movies on DVD and the third on Blu-Ray. Also I'll be watching some episodes of the animated cartoon and reading the comics throughout the next few weeks. I also plan on watching all of the movies again the weekend before the movie comes out. Are you going to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wolverine

Judging from my username I'm sure you can assume I'm a huge X-Men fan and well I'm very excited for the upcoming movie X-Men Origins: Wolverine which comes out on May 1st in the states. To prepare for this special movie over the weekend I'll be watching the first three X-Men movies back to back to back. I have the first two X-Men movies on DVD and the third on Blu-Ray. Also I'll be watching some episodes of the animated cartoon and reading the comics throughout the next few weeks. I also plan on watching all of the movies again the weekend before the movie comes out. Are you going to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

oh man, the 3rd x-men suck so much. god, i remember leaving the movie theater wanting to cry, similar to the Spiderman 3 movie. but anyway, im kinda on the fence for this movie. the trailer doesn't look that good. but hey, i'll still go see it on may 1

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolverine
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"oh man, the 3rd x-men suck so much. god, i remember leaving the movie theater wanting to cry, similar to the Spiderman 3 movie. but anyway, im kinda on the fence for this movie. the trailer doesn't look that good. but hey, i'll still go see it on may 1"
Yeah X-Men 3 was not close to as good as the first two X-Men movies but I'm one of the few people who liked Spiderman 3.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

I miss the animated series i use to watch on Saturday mornings.

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LuckyWanderDude
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"I miss the animated series i use to watch on Saturday mornings."
I concur!
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By trulyalive

I dig Spidey 3. It had just enough irony to stop me from screaming "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!"
X3 however was the first (and to date only) time I walked out on a film. It's not even that I had a problem with the plot. It's just a horribly made movie with so many missed opportunities.
For instance, Iceman vs Pyro: That shoulda been epic with Iceman skating around on his stream of ice, doing badass crazy stunts, with Pyro desperately trying to blast the dude out of the sky. In the end, we got a rip off of the climax from Harry Potter 4. Weak.

Still, Wolverine. Looks crap, but I do love me some Hugh Jackman. Meh, we'll see.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"I miss the animated series i use to watch on Saturday mornings."
Same, I have so many good memories of watching that animated series when I was little.
Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

One of the few high points of my youth...
Also loved stealing my brothers X-Men comics and reading them.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

I'm just not that psyched for this movie.  Despite my hatred for Wolverine, I will say that he's got an interesting origin story to him that kept me intrigued.  My problem is that the movie looks very hammy in the same way that X-Men 3 seemed.  The only thing I'm truly interested in is the awesome Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, but even then, it seems like they are messing with him too much in the flick.

Suffice it to say, the movie will bank hard at the box office, but I'm just not expecting much of a flick out of it.  Then again, I felt the same way about the first X-Men movie, and I was pleasantly surprised!
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

It looks like shit, or at least that's how the trailer made it look.

I'm going to watch it to see how they translate the awesome character of Deadpool to screen.

Under_Influenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Under_Influenz

I'm definitely excited to see this film. I really enjoyed the first 2 and actually did not hate Last Stand.

KingOfIceland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By KingOfIceland

I thought X-men 3 was alright, though the first 2 were much better. I'm stoked for this one though, no question.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By teh_destroyer

3rd X-Men was bad,however Origins looks promising.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Wolverine
Under_Influenz said:
"I'm definitely excited to see this film. I really enjoyed the first 2 and actually did not hate Last Stand."
I thought the action scenes in Last Stand were great but they didn't tell the story that well.
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I'm going for one reason, and one reason only: Gambit.

I wished they would've worked him into the X-men trilogy at some point, but this'll have to do. All he got was a name on the mutant list (on X2, I think- "LeBeau, Remy")

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By BiG_Weasel
Wolverine said:
"Under_Influenz said:
"I'm definitely excited to see this film. I really enjoyed the first 2 and actually did not hate Last Stand."
I thought the action scenes in Last Stand were great but they didn't tell the story that well."
  The only thing that The Last Stand did right was give Magneto a chance to show how powerful he can be. When I saw him flying in a helicopter in the first movie, I threw up a little in the back of my mouth...
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Kazona

The animated series were awesome. Too bad it ended like it did. I always hoped someone would continue the series, but I think it's safe to say that hope is futile now lol.

I am definitely going to see the Wolverine movie. He's my favorite X-Man and one of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe. So yea, I'll probably be there day one of release. I just hope it gets worldwide release on May 1st.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wolverine
Kazona said:
"The animated series were awesome. Too bad it ended like it did. I always hoped someone would continue the series, but I think it's safe to say that hope is futile now lol.I am definitely going to see the Wolverine movie. He's my favorite X-Man and one of the coolest characters in the Marvel universe. So yea, I'll probably be there day one of release. I just hope it gets worldwide release on May 1st."
Nah it opens in the UK two days earlier.
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By kush

I'm worried the the movie may end up sucking massively, but I want this film to turn out great because I love Wolverine and I still can't get over how happy I am to finally see Gambit recognized in an X-Men film! Gambit is my second favorite character (just barely miss the #1 spot) and it looks like he has a rather large role in this film. I'm also quite excited for some good ol' Deadpool action!

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I will probably see this movie, it should be entertaining at the very least.

Off topic: Does anyone else think they should have shortened the name of this movie to "Wolverine" instead of  "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" that title makes it sound like a cheap spin-off.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine
ParanoidFreak said:
" I will probably see this movie, it should be entertaining at the very least. Off topic: Does anyone else think they should have shortened the name of this movie to "Wolverine" instead of  "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" that title makes it sound like a cheap spin-off. "
Well I think the reason why they named it X-Men Origins: Wolverine so that they can make other X-Men Origins branded movies. An example would be X-Men Origins: Gambit.
RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By RichardLOlson
I can't wait to see the X-Men Origins: Wolverine....plus it has a young version of cyclops in it, and gambit.  I hope they do make a Origins movie about Gambit.