Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

......GRAMMAR NAZI SOUND OFF!

I realize I probably raped the spelling of prestigious, but whatever. I only did it for the lulz!

How are you guys? I'm pretty good myself. I bet you guys are trying hard to figure out my scatterbrained, poorly written blog at this point, so I'll can the theatrics and get straight to the point.

I prestiged last night in Call of Duty: World at War. I didn't think I would, but when I reached rank 65 back on Saturday, the game felt pretty boring without having anything to look forward to anymore. Now that I know what weapons I like and don't like I have a feeling I'll rank up a lot faster than I did before. I laughed when the game gave me a 0 point achievement, that's a slap in the face if I ever did see one. I'll play that game until Christmas and then dig it out at another time, it's a placeholder for bigger and better games. I'm not gunna say I didn't like it, after all I've nearly clocked in two days of multiplayer alone, but I have a feeling it won't compare to Fallout 3 and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts...

I've essentially figured out all the shit I'm getting for Christmas this year, there may be a few more items here and there that I don't know about yet, but here is the (nearly) complete list:

• iPod Touch 16GB: I've needed a new iPod for a while, my first gen video has dead pixels and is scratched to hell.
  • Left 4 Dead: Looks great.
  • Chinese Democracy: My uncle got it for me when we went out on black Friday. It'll probably be the first CD I rip to my touch.
  • Metallica: Cunning Stunts DVD: The only "official" live DVD I'm missing by the band. I have S&M and the Live Shit boxed set, but I wanted some live video of their Load/Reload shit, and this looks like it fits the bill nicely.
  • Xbox 360 60 GB Hard Drive: My Gears 2 special edition disc got scratched while it spun in my 360, and luckily Gamestop had one left to exchange it with. It was for that reason that I installed the game on my standard 20 GB hard drive, but I soon found that I lacked more space to do much else (between RB and GH DLC and other shit). It comes with a wired mic and a three month subscription to Live, which will be nice since my Live doesn't expire until March.
  • Fallout 3: I'll be buying this game with my own cash, it'll be about damn time too.
  • Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts: I'm a Banjo fanatic, and I have yet to experience this game. It's a no brainer.
  • Unspecified amounts of cash: I know one family member is giving cash, but I dunno how much. It's fine with me!

That's pretty much it, but it should keep me more than occupied this holiday season.

I've decided that due to the many "A-list" titles that I haven't played yet this year that I won't be doing a "Best of '08" piece (though I really wanted to). I will say this though: no matter how good other games are my GotY pick would more than likely be GTA IV. It's just that damn good.

Finally, the trailer for the Watchmen game is out, and it's not looking good. I hate beat 'em ups to begin with, but I'll still buy it. It'll be episodic, so like most XBLA games it'll probably sit on my hard drive unplayed after a week.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I'm getting a 120G iPod Classic for Xmas, I was gonna go for the touch but I would rather have pretty much unlimited space to store all of my music.  Left 4 Dead is great, you'll have fun with that it is a great game.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SimpsonFan

Me Gusta Tu Listio! Anything with Metallica - EPIC WIN!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

Good Xmas list there. I agree with pretty much everything there, and there is nothing wrong with unspecified amounts of cash! The more the merrier!