#1 Posted by Donatello (20 posts) -

I have started watching this show and it's great. Good story people die all the time lots of action I recommend it. all the seasons are on Netflix streaming so do your self a favor and watch it.

#2 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

Couldn't get passed the pilot.

I recommend Supernatural btw. Awesome show.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

People kept telling me that Prison Break was "the best thing ever" and all that stuff. 
I watched the first 5 episodes and then I thought "Maybe it gets better?" and then watched 4 more episodes and I couldn't get into it. 

#4 Posted by 49th (2844 posts) -

Maybe I will watch it after Heroes.

#5 Posted by Benny (1955 posts) -

First season is ok but it goes downhill after that. Watch Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Justified, Lost. There's much better TV out there.

#6 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

Prison break was great but it took a nose dove when they broke out of prison it picked up later when they went back in and eventually found their feet with the plot and ultimately had a good ending and resolution. @NlGHTCRAWLER: is correct as well you should watch supernatural it has everything touching, scary, violent, action, mystery and an overall brilliant show although the last season was a bit weak.

#7 Edited by Falx (347 posts) -

Oz, you should watch that instead. (Although i have watched all of prison break and found the 1st couple of seasons ok)

EDIT: I also recommend Hell On Wheels, Breaking Bad, Justified, Mad Men, The Sopranos, Game of Thrones and The Wire

#8 Posted by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

Don't worry, it gets completely terrible. The first season isn't bad, but then it goes of the rails. The end of season 2 was so terrible that I never watched that stupid show again.

#9 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

@Benny said:

First season is ok but it goes downhill after that. Watch Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Wire, Justified, Lost. There's much better TV out there.

I agree with this guy.

#10 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

Oh boy, once season 2 hits you're going to be so disappointed. Hopefully. If not you probably shouldn't be watching TV series, you should be learning... I don't fucking know, why I coherent plot matters and/or is a good thing.

#11 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

Four seasons? How long does it take them to break out of prison?

Incidentally, the answer would be the same if I were to ask How long does it take this show to stop making money for Fox?

#12 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

@Sean2206 said:

Prison break was great but it took a nose dove when they broke out of prison it picked up later when they went back in and eventually found their feet with the plot and ultimately had a good ending and resolution. @NlGHTCRAWLER: is correct as well you should watch supernatural it has everything touching, scary, violent, action, mystery and an overall brilliant show although the last season was a bit weak.

The last two seasons were super weak, but I don't blame the writers. How do you top Armageddon? That story line was the best thing I have probably ever seen.

Also...

How fucking great was this?

(Sorry if i'm being weird about the show. I love it)

#13 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I tried a few years ago, but I thought it was terrible.

#14 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER: No I know I'm the same way the show is amazong and All Hell Breaks loose and Swan song are probably the greatest season finales ever. I had the same mentality about the show after season 5. Just kind of sooooooooo what do we do now ? Season 6 did have one of my favorite comedy episodes though in "The French Mistake". I'm currently doing a re-watch, halfway through season 3. I love that moment the show has so many great moments on and off show. Such as this

or this

The show is great and they've said a villain from seasons 1-3 will return. I'd love it to be Azazel but the fact they said 1-3 means it'll probably be Bella, but no I absolutely love Supernatural.

#15 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Decent first season, but mediocre to bad overall.

Dominic Purcell is a terrible actor as well.

#16 Posted by Redsox44 (487 posts) -

Yea I really liked the first two seasons but forget about it after that. And yea they're are much better shows like Breaking Bad, Justified, and Game of Thrones, you should really give them a try.

I'll always remember the first two seasons as great but the last two tarnished it's legacy in my mind.

#17 Posted by Chaser324 (6742 posts) -

As others have said, the first two seasons are OK, but it goes downhill pretty fast after that.

There's way better TV on Netflix to spend your time with, and if you branch out to Amazon Instant Video or discs, there's even more.

#18 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1210 posts) -

@Sean2206 said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER: No I know I'm the same way the show is amazong and All Hell Breaks loose and Swan song are probably the greatest season finales ever. I had the same mentality about the show after season 5. Just kind of sooooooooo what do we do now ? Season 6 did have one of my favorite comedy episodes though in "The French Mistake". I'm currently doing a re-watch, halfway through season 3. I love that moment the show has so many great moments on and off show. Such as this

or this

The show is great and they've said a villain from seasons 1-3 will return. I'd love it to be Azazel but the fact they said 1-3 means it'll probably be Bella, but no I absolutely love Supernatural.

Those episodes were great! The entire series is tragic and that's probably why it sticks to me so much. It's just very diverse and focuses on different things rather than just romance or action. The only problem I had with the show is inconsistency. ***SPOILER**** Like when they send Sam and Dean to hell and then bring them right back. Maybe it would have impacted me more if I hadn't watched the seasons back to back and waited a whole year like everyone else, but it angered me that they didn't spend too much screen time there, you know? Also.. Heart is one of my favorite episodes. When Sam finally lost his innocence and had to kill for the first time. I think that's when I found that I loved the show.

Bella? Didn't she croak? It was off screen so it is possible. I liked her so I hope she returns. I also liked Meg 1.0.

#19 Posted by Donatello (20 posts) -

I am in season 2 right now and I don't find it bad. I guess I just don't think about stuff as much as other people do I am enjoying it so far.

#20 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

Loved the first season of it, and watched the following two seasons. Second season was ok, third was great.

#21 Posted by kumquat (128 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

I recommend Supernatural btw. Awesome show.

Just started season 4. So fucking good. I have no idea why I didn't get into it sooner.

@49th said:

Maybe I will watch it after Heroes.

Heroes is awesome if you pretend there was only one season.

#22 Posted by clumsyninja1 (816 posts) -

Watch the first, second and fourth season...skip the third.

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

The first season was decent. Lost interest shortly after.

#24 Posted by Sean2206 (258 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER: The tragedy of it is one of the best things about the show, Swan song is so emotional especially this scene.

I guess with the break between season 7 and 8 you'll get a better sense of the time in purgatory but I don't think they can do much screen time of hell or purgatory beyond flashbacks because they couldn't do it justice and the show suffers when the boys are separated. But I hope season 8 is a return to form as one of my favorite writers is now show runner. Season 7 wasn't great but Dick Roman was a great villain just fantastically hammy and over the top, but I'd like a more serious tone if they did bring Azazel back. Y'know what OP should quit Prison Break and go watch Supernatural.

#25 Posted by JEC03 (919 posts) -

I liked all the seasons granted it became more unrealistic later in the series but it was always entertaining with good characters William Fichtner was awesome on that show.

#26 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

The first and second season were the ones I really cared about, third season was okay but the fourth one was just...ugh. Never finished watching the fourth season so I have no idea how season five is.

#27 Posted by Khadyn (227 posts) -

I watched the whole series and enjoyed it for what it was. I do agree it went to crap towards the end of season 2 but, figured it wasn't gonna last long so, I'll just watch it when I was bored. Lost is still my #1 series only because it made me say WTF?! so many times per episode...

#28 Posted by GentlemanlyGentleman (320 posts) -

I loved the first season and liked the second. Then it went to hell. It felt like they were over complicating it and just trying to make it last for as long as possible.

There was still enjoyment to be found, but I wish it had ended with the second season.

#29 Posted by foggel (2764 posts) -

Season one was good.

#30 Posted by Unilad (580 posts) -

..Hahahahaha ......Prison Break...oh man...

The ending is so so so so so shit. His death feels so tacked on its unbelievable.

Other than that....I'm really enjoyed Walking Dead so far. Other than that House was good for about 3 seasons.

BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO THE SOPRANOS!!!

#31 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -

Agreed, season 1 was OK the rest was terrible. No wonder he's so talented at escaping, he gets plenty of practice.