• 61 results
#1 Edited by cspanick (49 posts) -

Alright, so I have been talking to this girl for a few months and we are good friends now.  She has been hinting and others have said I should ask her out.  I finally decided to do it and decided to ask her out in person the next day, but low and behold one of my "friends" texts her and asks her out.  She said she said yes to him because it was just as friends and didnt want him to feel bad but actually wanted to go with me.  I said fine, I was a little hurt but then she says this girl Kim wants to go with me and I should ask her.  We talked about it for quite a while and we agreed that I would ask her tomorrow.  Low and fucking behold she calls me back at 10 and says Blake, texted her and asked her out.  I feel so betrayed, I wanted to do the right thing and ask these girls out the way they deserved to be not some cowards method.  It makes me sick that these "friends" did this. 
#2 Posted by ajamafalous (12230 posts) -

Kill her.

#3 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1417 posts) -

Ouch that blows. Girls are lame. But your just in highschool. College is where the real girls are at. Just start going to the gym now if you want to date a girl who looks like an underwear model.... oh and have rich parents. They seem to like that too.

#4 Posted by cspanick (49 posts) -

Its not the girls I want to kill, its the guys.  They are the ones who went behind my back.

#5 Posted by GreggD (4516 posts) -

I'm glad I never had a girlfriend in high school, and this is the exact reason. My advice would be to just let it go, and ditch the friends who are fucking you over. They're not really your friends if they feel the need to act as such.

#6 Posted by NoXious (1355 posts) -

As much as it sucks, why did you decide to wait till 'tomorrow' with both girls? That's a pattern of mistakes right there buddy.
And you should look into the whole "friend" thing, re-evaluate if they still should be considered as such or go and make some new ones. 
To quote Eric from South Park: "If you want to make quality friends in life, you have to wade through all the dicks first".

Hope you find a nice girl to go to the prom with though!

#7 Posted by cspanick (49 posts) -

Yeah I think ill do just that, I can only hope people act a little better in college.

#8 Posted by Gabriel (4088 posts) -

Them...Bitches 

#9 Posted by Shirogane (3583 posts) -

If your friends knew your intentions, then yes it was a pretty dick thing to do. If they had no clue, can't really blame them can you?
#10 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -

It sucks to have such backstabbing friends. I wouldn't even call them friends. 

This is the perfect song for your problem.

#11 Posted by TheHT (11984 posts) -

Get new friends.

#12 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@Gabriel said:
" Them...Bitches 

"
Biiiiiitcheeesss.
#13 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

Do something better and extravagant to win her over.

#14 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Damn, that blows dude. At least you were gonna do it the old-fashioned way, none of this text nonsense.

#15 Posted by buzz_clik (7038 posts) -

Bummer. Your silver lining is that "Prom Date Backstab" would be an excellent band name.

@Gabriel said:

" Them...Bitches 

"
Heh. Indeed.
#16 Posted by cspanick (49 posts) -
@NoXious said:
" As much as it sucks, why did you decide to wait till 'tomorrow' with both girls? That's a pattern of mistakes right there buddy. And you should look into the whole "friend" thing, re-evaluate if they still should be considered as such or go and make some new ones. To quote Eric from South Park: "If you want to make quality friends in life, you have to wade through all the dicks first".Hope you find a nice girl to go to the prom with though! "
I know I guess it was partly my fault for waiting, but still I think your right about re-evaluating my friendship.  We used to be best friends but lately we have been growing more and more distant.
#17 Posted by dietmango (1667 posts) -
@cspanick said:
" @NoXious said:
" As much as it sucks, why did you decide to wait till 'tomorrow' with both girls? That's a pattern of mistakes right there buddy. And you should look into the whole "friend" thing, re-evaluate if they still should be considered as such or go and make some new ones. To quote Eric from South Park: "If you want to make quality friends in life, you have to wade through all the dicks first".Hope you find a nice girl to go to the prom with though! "
I know I guess it was partly my fault for waiting, but still I think your right about re-evaluating my friendship.  We used to be best friends but lately we have been growing more and more distant. "
Not everyone can maintain long friendships with some people. It's something a lot of people go through, especially in high school. A lot of us have been there. No worries, you'll find a handful of people that you can definitely call true friends.
#18 Posted by me3639 (1869 posts) -

Kill them all.

#19 Posted by Wes899 (2134 posts) -
Don't kill them!!! Sucks man. Highschool, as a general rule, completely blows. Also, ditch these asshole friends of yours.
#20 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3098 posts) -

Yes. Re-evaluate your friendship at this stage. Also, you don't making sitting on it a habit (though it's often hard to resist) - strike while the iron is hot.

From what I read in your post, you seem to be saying that asking a girl out/asking her to the prom via text message is a cowardly thing to do. While this is certainly chivalrous of you, there are other ways you can show your gentlemanly-ness, so don't worry all too much about that. Personally, I always go for the jacket (still to this day). Always wear a jacket, and always offer it to your lady as soon as you get out of a car. Because, dude, you don't want them to be cold.

The jacket is one tiny step on the footpath of gentlemanly-ness, but never forget it. Never forget the jacket, son. Never forget the jacket.

#21 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

SLIT THEIR THROATS

#22 Posted by Akeldama (4259 posts) -

@cspanick: Company you keep, man.

#23 Posted by DonutFever (3554 posts) -

Et tu, Blake?

#24 Posted by Marcsman (3326 posts) -

The only logical conclusion is to fuck her friend

#25 Posted by downtime58 (224 posts) -

Touch all of their shoulders

#26 Posted by zombie2011 (5097 posts) -

I fucking hate Blake!! He is such an asshole, i don't see what Kim sees in him.

#27 Posted by Zombie_Shakespeare (132 posts) -

Two year necro is pretty impressive.

All these people are already dead or in prison. I don't think we need to concern ourselves with it any longer.

#28 Posted by GalacticPunt (1137 posts) -

Thread necromancy!

Every high schooler involved in the original post is now dead.

Of old age.

#29 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Texters gonna text, brah!

#30 Posted by Daveyo520 (7136 posts) -

@Akeldama: Why?

#31 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4921 posts) -

Fish in the sea blah blah blah. Not real friends etc etc etc.

#32 Posted by Akeldama (4259 posts) -

@Daveyo520 said:

@Akeldama: Why?

Why what?

#33 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@cspanick said:

Alright, so I have been talking to this girl for a few months and we are good friends now. She has been hinting and others have said I should ask her out. I finally decided to do it and decided to ask her out in person the next day, but low and behold one of my "friends" texts her and asks her out. She said she said yes to him because it was just as friends and didnt want him to feel bad but actually wanted to go with me. I said fine, I was a little hurt but then she says this girl Kim wants to go with me and I should ask her. We talked about it for quite a while and we agreed that I would ask her tomorrow. Low and fucking behold she calls me back at 10 and says Blake, texted her and asked her out. I feel so betrayed, I wanted to do the right thing and ask these girls out the way they deserved to be not some cowards method. It makes me sick that these "friends" did this.

So OP, what happened? It's been two years!

#34 Posted by HatKing (6198 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

Et tu, Blake?

The best response.

Also, I don't know why I'm still surprised by this shit, but it shocks me how some of you pricks conduct yourselves.

#35 Posted by TheHT (11984 posts) -

Get new frie-- wait a minute...

#36 Posted by Elazul (1328 posts) -

As a (semi) responsible (ish) adult, I feel somewhat compelled to make it clear to the potentially impressionable high-schooler that everyone's joking and he really shouldn't kill anyone.

@Marcsman said:

This, however, is sound fuckin' advice.

#37 Posted by killacam (1278 posts) -

@NoXious said:

As much as it sucks, why did you decide to wait till 'tomorrow' with both girls? That's a pattern of mistakes right there buddy. And you should look into the whole "friend" thing, re-evaluate if they still should be considered as such or go and make some new ones. To quote Eric from South Park: "If you want to make quality friends in life, you have to wade through all the dicks first".Hope you find a nice girl to go to the prom with though!

he didn't want to text, like his pansy friends. GOD DONT YOU GET IT

#38 Posted by Maajin (1098 posts) -

This whole prom/high school culture is pretty fascinating for a brazilian dude like me.

In what would be considered my "prom" everyone from my classroom gathered in a bar, got drunk, got one of those to drive us to the prom (don't ask) and then pretty much everyone hooked up with whatever person (or persons) they wanted to in a "there will be no tomorrow" kind of way.

#39 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Maajin said:

This whole prom/high school culture is pretty fascinating for a brazilian dude like me.

In what would be considered my "prom" everyone from my classroom gathered in a bar, got drunk, got one of those to drive us to the prom (don't ask) and then pretty much everyone hooked up with whatever person (or persons) they wanted to in a "there will be no tomorrow" kind of way.

Qualé, trenzinho é legal. É imbecil, mas naquela idade e ainda bêbado, o trenzinho era a parte menos imbecil.
#40 Edited by Socialone (202 posts) -

You know, I went to prom with this really beautiful girl with a total bitch attitude thinking it would at least make good photos. She ended up spending most of the night with other people and I reminisced old memories with close friends on a balcony over watching the dance floor. I enjoyed the night, had gorgeous pictures, bragging rights and regret nothing.

The lesson being that you should ask out a pretty one and not worry too much about it. You're not marrying her or anything.

(what an old thread! Well, hopefully that might help future HS seniors)

#41 Posted by Fattony12000 (7632 posts) -

Oh, Kim and Blake! Always goofing around. Oh, Kim and Blake!

#42 Posted by TheHBK (5588 posts) -

Texting a girl to go out is for pussies.

#43 Posted by Astromarine (77 posts) -

this thread happened because you went "hurr durr this girl likes me hurrrrr" to your friends. Next time keep your fucking stupid mouth shut.

Jesus, teenagers.

#44 Posted by Harkat (1130 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

If your friends knew your intentions, then yes it was a pretty dick thing to do. If they had no clue, can't really blame them can you?

Bump this

#45 Posted by Marcsman (3326 posts) -

@Elazul said:

As a (semi) responsible (ish) adult, I feel somewhat compelled to make it clear to the potentially impressionable high-schooler that everyone's joking and he really shouldn't kill anyone.

@Marcsman said:

This, however, is sound fuckin' advice.

I try not to lead the younguns astray. Ha ha ha

#46 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

College is where the real girls are at.

Lol, no. Post-school is where the real women at.

#47 Edited by stinky (1560 posts) -

so story is,

you were going to ask someone out but decide to wait a day each time and someone else beats you to it.

this happens twice and you can't puzzle out you should act faster and decide to blame others.

correct story so far?

#48 Edited by cspanick (49 posts) -

Lol, I can't believe this was rezed. Basically what happened is what SocialSalone said, I asked out another girl (Becky) much prettier also but i didn't talk to her much, also she wasnt into the type of dancing going on(grinding). Never talked to her again. As for Nick and Blake I rarely ever see or talk to them and Nick has turned very arrogant thinking hes better than everyone else and trying to scam people to make money. Example-

1991 mk2 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Turbo diesel - $2900

He bought this for $500.

Truthfully he was a good friend and it makes me sad that hes changed so much.

On a side note college is much better than high school and I cant wait to go back in the fall.

#49 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@cspanick: Alright, good for you! I more asked about the girl situation, but whatevs, that works, too!

#50 Posted by Daroki (720 posts) -

@kishan6 said:

SLIT THEIR THROATS