Prop 8 has been overturned in California

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Meowshi

Moral absolutism is the dumbest shit.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#102  Edited By Whisperkill

I'm not gay and I don't live in California so this really doesn't affect me. But yay anyway?

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By BlackJedi
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Sorry mate. I'm a Liberal, so I'll defend to the death your right to hold your opinion. But I'm not some crazy moral relativist sandal wearing hippy, so I can recognise that your opinion on this matter is bigoted and prejudiced, and recognising that isn't morally equivalent. Sorry. "
To say iam against gay marriage and not even fully hearing why I came to such conclusions already saying I am prejudiced or bigoted one could say the way you think by itself is pure ignorance if you already came to such conclusions about my opinion.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:

" @BlackJedi: You aren't crazy for being against gay marriage. You're entitled to your opinion, bigoted, prejudiced and ridiculous as it may be. You're crazy for suggesting that gay marriage and bestiality are in some way equivalent. "

So being against gay marriage means my views are bigoted and prejudiced, then I would say the same to you. Once the rules are changed, they can be further changed once that door is open, which it is currently. Theres nothing crazy in comparing but you are entitled to your own opinion. In the end everyone has rights no matter how different a person can be. "  
You do realize that years ago, you would have been the guy suggesting that blacks and women should not be allowed to vote, because it would open the door for voting pigs and midgets having two votes!  You can't change the rules, even if a significant portion of the population isn't given the same rights as everyone else!  God bless America.  I got to say though, you guys aren't really going to convince anyone that you're right by acting like a bunch of weepy vaginas.  Throwing around accusations of bigotry and ridiculous, while correct, isn't really helping your cause.  Just throw logic in his face and hopefully some of it will stick. "
Race, and sex is 2 different things usually people who are for gay marriage usually bring this up. But you don't want me to compare other t hings to gay marriage because its "fail" lol sure.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Good for them.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Cools. Not gay and doesn't affect me but good for them.

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By actionTACO
@BlackJedi: you're absolutely right. i remember when the civil rights act passed and people thought it would just end there, but then blacks kept demanding more and more from the white man. and now, because we were foolish enough to change the status quo, we all live in a blasted futuristic dystopian hellscape where blacks rule over innocent whites from their ebony citadels and force their slaves to harvest precious metals to satiate their unquenchable thirst for more "bling". 

....oh wait 
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#108  Edited By DG991

Can I marry my dog yet?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@actionTACO said:
" @BlackJedi: you're absolutely right. i remember when the civil rights act passed and people thought it would just end there, but then blacks kept demanding more and more from the white man. and now, because we were foolish enough to change the status quo, we all live in a blasted futuristic dystopian hellscape where blacks rule over innocent whites from their ebony citadels and force their slaves to harvest precious metals to satiate their unquenchable thirst for more "bling".  ....oh wait  "
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DAWG.
DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By DVombatus

"Marriage" for all or "Marriage" for none.

I'm fine with no gay marriage on one condition.  Straight people can't get married either.

Civil Unions for everyone with the exact same legal rights given to all couples!

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By BlackJedi
@actionTACO said:

" @BlackJedi: you're absolutely right. i remember when the civil rights act passed and people thought it would just end there, but then blacks kept demanding more and more from the white man. and now, because we were foolish enough to change the status quo, we all live in a blasted futuristic dystopian hellscape where blacks rule over innocent whites from their ebony citadels and force their slaves to harvest precious metals to satiate their unquenchable thirst for more "bling".  ....oh wait  "

Why do people bring up race and compare it to sex? We are talking about marriage between 2 sex not race. I could easily compare gay marriage to  beastility but as you say those are 2 different things aswell. give it a break.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@BlackJedi: Lay down some logical, rational arguments then. I haven't heard a one yet, so I feel good about my assessment. 
Here's a one to get you started: The state has no right to infringe on the liberty of those who aren't posing any harm to others. Two homosexuals becoming married poses no risk of harm to anyone anymore than two heterosexuals, Caucasian or African, Jew or Gentile being married does, ergo there is no reason for any legal restraint upon it.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:

" @BlackJedi: You aren't crazy for being against gay marriage. You're entitled to your opinion, bigoted, prejudiced and ridiculous as it may be. You're crazy for suggesting that gay marriage and bestiality are in some way equivalent. "

So being against gay marriage means my views are bigoted and prejudiced, then I would say the same to you. Once the rules are changed, they can be further changed once that door is open, which it is currently. Theres nothing crazy in comparing but you are entitled to your own opinion. In the end everyone has rights no matter how different a person can be. "  
You do realize that years ago, you would have been the guy suggesting that blacks and women should not be allowed to vote, because it would open the door for voting pigs and midgets having two votes!  You can't change the rules, even if a significant portion of the population isn't given the same rights as everyone else!  God bless America.  I got to say though, you guys aren't really going to convince anyone that you're right by acting like a bunch of weepy vaginas.  Throwing around accusations of bigotry and ridiculous, while correct, isn't really helping your cause.  Just throw logic in his face and hopefully some of it will stick. "
Race, and sex is 2 different things usually people who are for gay marriage usually bring this up. But you don't want me to compare other t hings to gay marriage because its "fail" lol sure. "
That's because the comparison isn't valid.  

Race and sex being tWo different things isn't an argument.  It's just an observation.  It's like saying the sky and the floor are two different things.  Or a book and an elephant.  What's your point? 

The reason we don't like you comparing gay marriage to "other things lol fail", is because you are trying to compare two humans wanting to live together, to a guy raping a donkey.  You have some formulated the idea that nonconsensual sex with animals is somehow comparable to two humans choosing to have sex with one another.  It's silly.  Honestly, I'd be all for human-animal marriage once animals evolve to the point where they can voice their consent for marriage and sex.  Until then, it's a dumb argument.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By BlackJedi
@DG991 said:
" Can I marry my dog yet? "
LOL, not now but in the next couple of months its looking that way.
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@DG991: No, but you can marry your dawg.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@MooseyMcMan said:
" On the one hand, this is good, but on the other hand, I feel sorry, because I think that homosexuals have been put through enough already without the misery of marriage.   That's right, I'm anti-marriage. Not anti-gay-marriage, I'm anti-regular-ass-marriage.  "
Dude, you're such a rebel.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By BlackJedi
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Lay down some logical, rational arguments then. I haven't heard a one yet, so I feel good about my assessment. Here's a one to get you started: The state has no right to infringe on the liberty of those who aren't posing any harm to others. Two homosexuals becoming married poses no risk of harm to anyone anymore than two heterosexuals, Caucasian or African, Jew or Gentile being married does, ergo there is no reason for any legal restraint upon it. "
So marrying a dog or a horse also poses no harm or threat to anyone, I could also say there is no reason for legal restraint. right?
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By Ace829
@BlackJedi:  I feel sad for your brain. It must hate you.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By actionTACO
@BlackJedi: its less of a "race thing" and more of "history shows us that granting people equal rights doesn't cause society to collapse into a chaotic orgy of race wars and toaster fucking" you dense motherfucker
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @DG991 said:
" Can I marry my dog yet? "
LOL, not now but in the next couple of months its looking that way. "
Nope. 

Consent is still, and will always be, a requirement for marriage.  You know, that thing that two humans can give, but an animal cannot?  Yeah, that.
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By DG991
@TomWhitbrook: u clever ass dawg 

get over here 
http://goo.gl/FZeY    
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Lay down some logical, rational arguments then. I haven't heard a one yet, so I feel good about my assessment. Here's a one to get you started: The state has no right to infringe on the liberty of those who aren't posing any harm to others. Two homosexuals becoming married poses no risk of harm to anyone anymore than two heterosexuals, Caucasian or African, Jew or Gentile being married does, ergo there is no reason for any legal restraint upon it. "
So marrying a dog or a horse also poses no harm or threat to anyone, I could also say there is no reason for legal restraint. right? "
It harms the dog/horse. 

It also gives it a bunch of human rights and legal rights that animals simply are not deserving of.  Obviously.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:

Race, and sex is 2 different things usually people who are for gay marriage usually bring this up. But you don't want me to compare other t hings to gay marriage because its "fail" lol sure. "
That's because the comparison isn't valid.  Race and sex being tWo different things isn't an argument.  It's just an observation.  It's like saying the sky and the floor are two different things.  Or a book and an elephant.  What's your point?  The reason we don't like you comparing gay marriage to "other things lol fail", is because you are trying to compare two humans wanting to live together, to a guy raping a donkey.  You have some formulated the idea that nonconsensual sex with animals is somehow comparable to two humans choosing to have sex with one another.  It's silly.  Honestly, I'd be all for human-animal marriage once animals evolve to the point where they can voice their consent for marriage and sex.  Until then, it's a dumb argument. "
You can't say your way is wrong but others isn't it can be compared you  guys just don't want to. Its not an arugment because you don't want it to be.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BlackJedi
@actionTACO said:
" @BlackJedi: its less of a "race thing" and more of "history shows us that granting people equal rights doesn't cause society to collapse into a chaotic orgy of race wars and toaster fucking" you dense motherfucker "
lmao way to be a tough guy over there pal.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:

That's because the comparison isn't valid.  Race and sex being tWo different things isn't an argument.  It's just an observation.  It's like saying the sky and the floor are two different things.  Or a book and an elephant.  What's your point?  The reason we don't like you comparing gay marriage to "other things lol fail", is because you are trying to compare two humans wanting to live together, to a guy raping a donkey.  You have some formulated the idea that nonconsensual sex with animals is somehow comparable to two humans choosing to have sex with one another.  It's silly.  Honestly, I'd be all for human-animal marriage once animals evolve to the point where they can voice their consent for marriage and sex.  Until then, it's a dumb argument. "
You can't say your way is wrong but others isn't it can be compared you  guys just don't want to. Its not an arugment because you don't want it to be. "
WAT.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Meowshi

No, it's not an argument based on the very definition of the word "argument". 

"Sex and race are two different things." 

That's not an argument . It just isn't.  It's a pointless and arbitrary observation.  

And no, bestiality cannot be compared to consensual sex between two adults.  Only in the mind of a depraved, sick individual would they in any way be similar.

BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BlackJedi
@Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
So marrying a dog or a horse also poses no harm or threat to anyone, I could also say there is no reason for legal restraint. right? "
It harms the dog/horse.  It also gives it a bunch of human rights and legal rights that animals simply are not deserving of.  Obviously. "
how does a woman having sex with a horse harm it? if anyone wants to do that they have rights to let them right?
TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@BlackJedi: Animals cannot legally give consent and therefore cannot enter into a contract, which is what a marriage is.
DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DVombatus
@BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Now you're just being silly.  It poses a threat of harm to the animal, which is unable to enter into a contract.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By BlackJedi
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Animals cannot legally give consent and therefore cannot enter into a contract, which is what a marriage is. "
I am sure the rules can change for a person who wants to marry an animal just like the rules can be changed for a man to marry another man and a woman to marry another woman Iam sure.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#132  Edited By ajamafalous
@BlackJedi said:
" I couldn't say this on gamespot because the mods there are crazy but, I do hope this gets over turned.. If it doesn't then there is no reason for many other things not to happen like a guy marrying multiple ladies  or guys or animals for that matter. This window opens up alot of possiblites that could happen. "
This is literally, literally, the dumbest fucking thing I have ever read.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Meowshi

You will never be able to marry animals, for the same reason you can't marry children or a pile of sand.  These things cannot legally give consent.  Marital benefits are considered a pretty series thing. 

Question: What about countries with existing gay marriage?  Why aren't they filled with nothing but human-horse relationships?

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By DVombatus
@BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
It harms the dog/horse.  It also gives it a bunch of human rights and legal rights that animals simply are not deserving of.  Obviously. "
how does a woman having sex with a horse harm it? if anyone wants to do that they have rights to let them right? "
Its fucking animal abuse, literally.  You can't be this dumb.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Animals cannot legally give consent and therefore cannot enter into a contract, which is what a marriage is. "
Unless you give one a cutting edge top hat.
No Caption Provided
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#136  Edited By Geno
Props to the judge. 
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By BlackJedi
@DVombatus said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Now you're just being silly.  It poses a threat of harm to the animal, which is unable to enter into a contract. "
Not really, its not too hard to believe that some pets want to get it on, if our morals open the door to gay marriage then how can you not open the door to this? And say its wrong? the rules can be easily changed the morals is gone.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:

" @TomWhitbrook said:

I am sure the rules can change for a person who wants to marry an animal just like the rules can be changed for a man to marry another man and a woman to marry another woman Iam sure. "
No.  You cannot do this and then ignore the race argument.  You cannot say that some change will have drastic consequences and the other change wouldn't.  You are being intentionally dim and intellectually dishonest.  Either admit that changing the rules for blacks to be married "opened the doors for anything, including human-chair marriage", OR admit that the argument  that "anything can happen if the gays marry!" is nonsensical.  
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@BlackJedi said:
" @DVombatus said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Now you're just being silly.  It poses a threat of harm to the animal, which is unable to enter into a contract. "
Not really, its not too hard to believe that some pets want to get it on, if our morals open the door to gay marriage then how can you not open the door to this? And say its wrong? the rules can be easily changed the morals is gone. "
Must have been a fun experience.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#140  Edited By Brendan
@BlackJedi:
Man, you know what's awesome?  You are going to die someday.  One day, you and your bigoted, old fashioned, and hateful ideals are going to die with you.  The world will move on because people like you will die out.  Did you know that with each generation, younger people become more accepting of others?  Businesses are better because less people are excluded.  Conflict is avoided because people understand each other.  All of this is possible because throughout history, people like you have grown old and finally died. 

Feel free to ponder the fact that the greatest thing you can do for humanity is to simply cease to exist. 
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By BlackJedi
@DVombatus said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @Meowshi said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
how does a woman having sex with a horse harm it? if anyone wants to do that they have rights to let them right? "
Its fucking animal abuse, literally.  You can't be this dumb. "
lol why you getting mad bro? Or do you just don't want to accept that our morals are getting lower?
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#142  Edited By Geno

^Obvious troll is obvious. 

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143  Edited By Ace829
@Brendan:  O_O Woah. You blew my mind for a sec.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By BlackJedi

LMAO, you guys are getting mad just because I don't agree on gay marriage.. its pretty funny lulz I heart you guys hahaha.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Meowshi
@BlackJedi said:
" @DVombatus said:
" @BlackJedi said:
" @TomWhitbrook said:
Not really, its not too hard to believe that some pets want to get it on, if our morals open the door to gay marriage then how can you not open the door to this? And say its wrong? the rules can be easily changed the morals is gone. "
You cannot prove the horse is giving consent, so it doesn't matter what it wants. 

Every time you have sex with an animal, it is legally considered rape and abuse.  It doesn't matter if it was sporting a huge pink boner and was wearing a T-Shirt saying, "all aboard gentlemen!"
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#146  Edited By astrotriforce

Judges overturned a vote of the people? And we're celebrating?

If you want gay marriage in your state, then vote it in. The reality is that supporters can't even get enough votes in states like California and Mass. Because more people disagree with it than support it.

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TomWhitbrook
@BlackJedi: Animals aren't sentient, and therefore cannot be considered "of sound mind" in order to enter into a contract. To alter that requirement for entering into a contract would be a far more significant and radical change to the law than simply treating people the same.
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By BlackJedi
@TomWhitbrook said:
" @BlackJedi: Animals aren't sentient, and therefore cannot be considered "of sound mind" in order to enter into a contract. To alter that requirement for entering into a contract would be a far more significant and radical change to the law than simply treating people the same. "
lol, depends on what giving consent is for an animal sometimes giving a consent isn't simply just saying yes... and lol @ you guys raging.
Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Meowshi
@astrotriforce said:

" Judges overturned a vote of the people? And we're celebrating?  If you want gay marriage in your state, then vote it in. The reality is that supporters can't even get enough votes in states like California and Mass. Because more people disagree with it than support it. "

You shouldn't be allowed to vote for things that violate the Constitution.  It doesn't matter how many people want it.   
You shouldn't be able to vote for the abolition of freedom of press, because the newspapers really depress you.  
Sergotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

#150  Edited By Sergotron

I don't see this passing. We still suck with our old ways of thinking.