#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

If to strengthen thine flesh is to strengthen thine lord's flesh, then by doing so, you strengthen thine devotion to thine lord's will. *Blurb for Push-ups*

Any good push-up/work-out mantras to share?

P.S. This is a poor attempt at salvaging a double post, but it's really time for my daily push-ups and such. Why no *Delete Thread* option under *Full Edit*?

#2 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

huh?

just do them / it?

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Push ups ain't shit but hos and tricks!

#4 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

huh?

just do them / it?

Push ups just aren't the same, if you readily do them. I'm never ready, but willing.

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Also Seppli, you only use 'thine' when the following word starts with a vowel. This follows for 'mine' and 'my' as well.

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@seppli:

My push-up mantra goes a little something like this...

"Push ups get you laid. Push ups get you laid."

#7 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Also Seppli, you only use 'thine' when the following word starts with a vowel. This follows for 'mine' and 'my' as well.

As long as it's sounds like 'Ye Olde English', it's okay in my book.

#8 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

if thy sucking on myne flesh and swallowing thyne..

#9 Posted by Sanity (1891 posts) -

Only one that comes to mind is Pain is weakness leaving the body.... When i was in school they use to use that on the t-shirts and shit for football.

#10 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Cock push ups? One is all you need.

#11 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Just do some push-ups, yo!

The more you do, the easier it gets. Aim to improve by one push-up per day at first. At the end of a month, you'll be doing 30+. Scale your routine from there.

#12 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

When I do my push-ups everyday (along with crunches and all that stuff) I just go to my mental check list. Doing that gives me enough motivation to do them because in my mind I always think, "When I get these out of the way I can move on to the other stuff". Plus, if I don't do any exercises on the weekdays I feel sluggish, which is why I do 30 pushups every weekday.

#13 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

Now, I am weak. *push-up* But through exertion and loss of blood, sweat, and tear the future shall see a different self. *push-up* The present pain in my biceps and triceps will fade but my strength will not. *push-up* With hardened Steel and Flesh I shall descend upon my enemies with keen righteous fury. *push-up*

#14 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Seppli. Stoppeth maketh fucketh threadeth.

#15 Posted by jewunit (1054 posts) -

Are looking for a mantra that lines up with your push-up motion? If so, the Carl Winslow mantra does the job pretty good.

3-2-1 (on the way up)

1-2-3 (on the way down)

What the heck (on the way up)

is bothering me? (on the way down)

If you keep a good, slow cadence with the mantra, it can help you maintain your push-up cadence.

#17 Edited by TruthTellah (8529 posts) -

@seppli: This is all you need to know to get in the best shape of your life.

(parody)

#18 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

"My arms hurt."

#19 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Seppli. Stoppeth maketh fucketh threadeth.

fuckingeth*