Put my dog down today

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dream431ca

Today has been a really bad day. I had to put down my Chiwawa. He was 18 years old. If you have a pet, cherish all the time you spend with them. See you on the other side bud.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SexyToad

That sucks...

lmenzol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lmenzol

@dream431ca: sorry man that must really suck ive had dogs die on me before but i never had to put them down

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dream431ca

@lmenzol: Thanks man. My dog had a number of problems and was getting worse. 18 is a very old age. I could not let the dog suffer any longer.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TyCobb
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

That's sad to hear. I hope you're as good as you can be right now and I guess at least the dog is no longer suffering.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dream431ca

@TyCobb: LOL. I'm not that good at spelling. Thanks man.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mylifeforAiur

That's very unfortunate, duder. I recently acquired a border collie puppy--which I named Tyrion--and I absolutely adore the little guy.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dream431ca

@Gamer_152: Thanks bud. It will take time to get over, but discussing it with others really helps.

djstyles92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By djstyles92

So sorry =/. I know the feeling, I had to put my dog down back in 2000, and its the worst. Feel better my man

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dream431ca

@Djstyles92: Thanks dude :)

Owlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Owlhead

@dream431ca: Sorry to hear that dude. He's chillin with Odin now though, and that's pretty awesome.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By musubi

18 years is a pretty good run for a dog. Still, that sucks.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cyraxible

It's been a couple years since we had to put down my husky, Kami, and I still tear up from time to time thinking about her. Nothing will be as emotionally painful as those last few days watching her deteriorate.

It's hard losing someone who's always happy to see you.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By deox

I'm sorry to hear that man. I had to have my dog put down a month ago so I know how you feel. He was only 12, but unfortunately he was in constant pain due to stomach cancer. I was in the room with him when he was put to sleep and it was easily one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Although part of me was just thankful he didn't have to suffer any more, it's still a shitty, broken kind of feeling that only gets easier with time. Hold in there dude.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dream431ca

@deox: Thanks man. Today was easily one of the hardest moments of my life to go through but I know how the grieving process goes as I have lost friends and family in the past. It does get easier with time.

Avatar image for donditerminator
DondiTerminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By DondiTerminator

My dog is 12 years old when he died, he was poisoned by some group of drunk people. Very sad:'''(

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MegaLombax

Sorry to hear that mate

@cyraxible said:

It's hard losing someone who's always happy to see you.

Very well put.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Bit of a bump but I just put to sleep my basset hound of 10 years today. The feeling is absolutely gut wrenching.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bybeach

Sorry about that, guys. All I can say is that you are not the only one(s) who have dealt with that in some form or another. Sure not my favorite experience, then or in the future. May you find some small solace in the view that good things come and whether we want it or not(we don't) good things go. It's just the way it is, and out of our hands.

I have 2 new cats now after losing my last one a year and one-half ago. I am developing the view that I am their care taker. Having that view seems to soften the experience I have already had, and what know is in the future again. I will see them through the ride, my job so to speak.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By FancySoapsMan

@bigboss1911: I'm sorry to hear that, it's definitely a painful experience.

I had my 7 year old beagle put down last year, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. I still tear up a bit when I think about her sometimes.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I'm sorry. That's really hard to do.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Niceanims

This last year, I put down my bichon. She developed a cyst in her stomach, and there was nothing we could do about it. It was a very hard thing to experience, and I cried like a baby. But she lived a long, happy life, and I have fond memories of her. We practically grew up together: We got her when I was in kindergarten. I turned 22 last March.

Bombanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, that´s tough. I had to do it last fall and it knocked me out for a few months. She was a pretty large dog. Galgo, a sighthound. Took her with me every day to work, almost everywhere. Her last week, she couldn´t even get up anymore and i had to carry her outside, she could hardly stand. It did break my heart. Such a loyal friend. It´s hard to let go. Still thinking of her every day. I miss her. Was a clever and funny chap.

Hang in there. It´ll get better over time. It probably was the right thing to do. Life ends at some point. This stuff also is tough because it is a reminder of that. Dogs can teach you a lot about life :P

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bybeach: So sorry for your loss. 10 years is a long time and you no doubt have many great memories together.

Wulver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shucks, man, I know it's tough. I lost two pets in my life. But stay strong and cherish the time you had with your pet, because that's the best thing you can do for yourself. Just, you know, let time do it's thing.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry for your loss

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

@bigboss1911: Sucks dude. I remember jokingly saying "Don't die while I'm gone." to my dog before going on vacation... I never saw her again. :'(

You should find some way to spoil yourself today, dude.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know exactly what you're going through, I had to put my dog down the year I graduated High School, she was either 15 or 16, I can't remember, I've known her practically all my life up to that point, and it was very difficult decision to put her down. I remember the family talking about it, but she could barely move and was in obvious pain. I couldn't even LOOK at other people's dogs for months afterwards, and it stung when people mentioned dogs to me.

It gets a lot better over time, but those first few months are pretty rough.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GiantLizardKing

Sorry to hear that dude. Sucks that the little buds don't live longer. Try to remember all the good times and keep in mind how much better you two made each others' existences. Sorry for your loss.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By shinjin977

I remembered when I was 8, my dog just walk out into the front lawn and sat in the sun. I thought he was just taking a nap. He never got up. I cant even imagine how it would feel to have to put them down. Take care duder.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By s-a-n-JR
darksouls2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By darksouls2

Today has been a really bad day. I had to put down my Chiwawa. He was 18 years old. If you have a pet, cherish all the time you spend with them. See you on the other side bud.

Sorry buddy.

dricas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I'm sorry. At the very least, it sounds like he lived a long, full life for a dog and I'm sure he was happy. Eventually it'll get easier to deal with, but if you feel you should grieve him then by all means do so, there's no shame in it.

Hope you feel better.