Question about Playstaion plus

liste3r_fi3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By liste3r_fi3nd

At some point I'm probably going to sign up, but I'm curious about how the free game thing works.

The one month there were like 3 (or more) free retail games. Can you only play these if your keep your membership? Because it seems too good to be true that you could buy a month of plus and get 3 or more retail games for free.

liste3r_fi3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By liste3r_fi3nd

At some point I'm probably going to sign up, but I'm curious about how the free game thing works.

The one month there were like 3 (or more) free retail games. Can you only play these if your keep your membership? Because it seems too good to be true that you could buy a month of plus and get 3 or more retail games for free.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

You can only play those free games as long as your membership is active.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iam3green

you only get them "free" if you keep plus. you have to keep plus to keep on playing the games. i'm pretty sure that it last until sony decides to change the free game.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FlarePhoenix

But any games you buy on a discount are yours to keep forever, even if you stop using PS+

liste3r_fi3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By liste3r_fi3nd

That's what I figured, but a lot of the discounts alone seem worth it. Thanks for the info everyone.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By living4theday258

@liste3r_fi3nd: ps+ pays for itself(multiple times) with the discounts and the free games.

EDIT: and yes you have to keep paying to play the free games but again it pays for itself.

liste3r_fi3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By liste3r_fi3nd

@living4theday258 said:

@liste3r_fi3nd: ps+ pays for itself(multiple times) with the discounts and the free games.

EDIT: and yes you have to keep paying to play the free games but again it pays for itself.

I'm pretty sure it's the same, but just to be sure does that also count for the PSN games that are free?

sodacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By sodacat

And because you're probably going to ask, if your subscription runs out, and then you resubscribe later on, then all the games that were previously on your PS+ account will be reactivated. If a game was added, and then removed, from PS+ while you were unsubscribed then you will not be able to access that game for free.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By living4theday258

@liste3r_fi3nd said:

@living4theday258 said:

I'm pretty sure it's the same, but just to be sure does that also count for the PSN games that are free?

yea

liste3r_fi3nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By liste3r_fi3nd

Alright I think I got all the info I needed. It'll probably be a while before I sign up (I need to buy a new 360), but now I know that it would be smarter to just get the full year and keep it active instead of just getting the 3 month if I see a game I want for free. Again thanks for the info everyone.