Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pirate_republic

So what are they doing with the tales of the black freighter? That's the comic in the comic for those that don't know.

Are they cutting it? If not, how are they going to do it?

It's not essential to the story at all, although it adds depth (which might not be good for the big screen -- they want to keep it simple after all). Has there been any announcements on this? Does anyone know?
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

I was actually listening to the Geekbox podcast earlier, and they said that they were apparently making a separate animated feature for it.  I think it might just be getting released straight to DVD/Blu-Ray.  They also said that there might be a director's cut with the entire thing integrated into the live-action movie just as it was integrated into the comic.  I don't know where they heard this though, and I don't have any sources other than the podcast. 

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

The Black Freighter segments have been cut from the theatrical release, they will be included on a special version of the DVD release.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar
EvilTwin said:
"I was actually listening to the Geekbox podcast earlier, and they said that they were apparently making a separate animated feature for it.  I think it might just be getting released straight to DVD/Blu-Ray.  They also said that there might be a director's cut with the entire thing integrated into the live-action movie just as it was integrated into the comic.  I don't know where they heard this though, and I don't have any sources other than the podcast. 
"
I saw two articles on G4. All of what you said is happening. Plus, a DVD/Blu-ray is coming for Under the Hood.

I'm definitely going to at least rent Tales of the Black Freighter. Hopefully they have it on the PlayStation Store.
chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By chililili
Lies said:
"The Black Freighter segments have been cut from the theatrical release, they will be included on a special version of the DVD release.
"
Lies is correct. Gerard Butler will play/voice act the pirate. There is no Black Freighter in the theatrical version though you can see the black guy reading the comic in the scenes.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Lies

That's the stand-alone package, but there will also be a cut of the movie with that interwoven into the story, just like the comics.

Also here is a preview because I'm a nice guy like that

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By LiquidPrince
EvilTwin said:
"I was actually listening to the Geekbox podcast earlier, and they said that they were apparently making a separate animated feature for it.  I think it might just be getting released straight to DVD/Blu-Ray.  They also said that there might be a director's cut with the entire thing integrated into the live-action movie just as it was integrated into the comic.  I don't know where they heard this though, and I don't have any sources other than the podcast. 
"
This.