Question for anime fans.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive
Why does it get under your skin so bad when your favorite anime's get adapted into live action films by american studios?
i think its pathetic when people cry about them not all staring asians and not being one hundred percent faithful to source material. besides, your favorite anime isn't going anywhere, so why if a movie is released does it matter to the anime itself and its fans? 
stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stAtic

What are you talking about?! DragonBall is going to be AWESOME!

Hahaha xD

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By spiceninja

No one like to see a beloved show/comic/or whatever get the Hollywood treatment, especially when it comes out bad. I'm not an anime fan but I can sympathize with them.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zebadee

I dunno much about this. What Animes have been made into action films?

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru

The same reason that people complain about videogames going live-action. It usually doesn't work and instead of using any source material (or very little), they usually put ridiculous crap in place of it.

Avatar image for ultimate_pwr_rngr
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Because hollywood is out of touch with the material. And if you've been keeping up, all the adaptations so far have been total shit. Speed Racer anyone? DragonBall looks terrible to. TC, you don't really know much about the anime industry/community do you?

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7  Edited By OGCartman
stAtic said:
"What are you talking about?! DragonBall is going to be AWESOME!

Hahaha xD

"
DragonBall RULES!!!
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Guiltyspark

close this thread

it is officially shut down by the epic of what follows

Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ultimate_pwr_rngr
Guiltyspark said:
"close this thread

"
What the fuck...and i didin't even like the anime. but somehow that looked worse! Why can't they come up with there own ideas.
stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stAtic

Awesome, I'm totally going to see the Hellsing movie!

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Guiltyspark
Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"close this thread

"
What the fuck...and i didin't even like the anime. but somehow that looked worse! Why can't they come up with there own ideas.
"

you not liking hellsing is pretty much confirming to this whole board that you have the taste of a mentally retarded blind child
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cartman said:
"stAtic said:

Hahaha xD

"
DragonBall RULES!!!
"
well, i like the anime.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clean

The show was really good. I actually liked a lot of it but the movie coming up. I wanna beat the person's ass who's idea that was. I mean Goku played by some Bobby from War of the Worlds. WTF?

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By stAtic
Guiltyspark said:
"you not liking hellsing is pretty much confirming to this whole board that you have the taste of a mentally retarded blind child "
I didn't like it too much either. But everyone has different tastes so..
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Guiltyspark
stAtic said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"you not liking hellsing is pretty much confirming to this whole board that you have the taste of a mentally retarded blind child "
I didn't like it too much either.
"
let me guess , your favorite animes are

Bleach

naruto

and inuyasha

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stAtic
Guiltyspark said:
"let me guess , your favorite animes are

Bleach

naruto

and inuyasha

"
Actually, I haven't seen Inuyasha. And while I do like Naruto and Bleach, they don't compare to other animes.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Black_Rose
My complains about Dragon Ball is not that the actors are not asian, is just that they have absolutely no talent and the story just plain sucks
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Guiltyspark
stAtic said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"let me guess , your favorite animes are

Bleach

naruto

and inuyasha

"
Actually, I haven't seen Inuyasha. And while I do like Naruto and Bleach, they don't compare to other animes.
"
point proven
Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guiltyspark said:
"Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"close this thread

"
"

you not liking hellsing is pretty much confirming to this whole board that you have the taste of a mentally retarded blind child "
Sure, buddy, sure. Hellsing is probably the most tasteless show around. It's just a generic vampire anime. Well, that's the way I see it. You don't have to have the same opinion I do. "mentally retarded blind child" was uncalled for, grow up. You don't have to defend your favorite show, at least like that.
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Guiltyspark
Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"close this thread

"
"

you not liking hellsing is pretty much confirming to this whole board that you have the taste of a mentally retarded blind child "
Sure, buddy, sure. Hellsing is probably the most tasteless show around. It's just a generic vampire anime. Well, that's the way I see it. You don't have to have the same opinion I do. "mentally retarded blind child" was uncalled for, grow up. You don't have to defend your favorite show, at least like that.
"

generic?

post your favorite 3 animes
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Rose

Hellsing is not that good, i don't know why people are making such a big deal about it

Ultimate_pwr_rngr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guiltyspark said:
"Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"Ultimate_pwr_rngr said:
"Guiltyspark said:
"close this thread

"
"

"

generic?

post your favorite 3 animes "
I don't have to. I'm done with you. You're not worth my time. Off to the next thread.
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Guiltyspark
Black_Rose said:
"Hellsing is not that good, i don't know why people are making such a big deal about it"

i could say the same about bleach and naruto which are by my understanding the most popular animes
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Black_Rose

Guiltyspark said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Hellsing is not that good, i don't know why people are making such a big deal about it"

i could say the same about bleach and naruto which are by my understanding the most popular animes
"
I don't mean it's popularity, i mean you making a big deal because other people don't like it
stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By stAtic

The only thing I really liked about Hellsing was Alucard, because he is simply badass.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TwoOneFive

i just feel like the movie is a seperate thing all together that is merely based on the anime. it doesn't effect the greatness of the anime, or game, in any ways at all. so wether its bad or good, you'll always know that the show or game was and still is great. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwoOneFive

the reason i brought this up is because recently announced Dragonball is coming out, on top of yet to be seen movies like live action Akira (which is rumored to be starring Leo DiCaprio- which should be good news not bad!) and even Cowboy Bebop and so on has caused a lot of uproar from anime fans. the first thing that usually gets them mad is the fact that they don't always star all asians. i dont get that because the majority of the anime's being made into films, like the ones mentioned above, star characters that are clearly american influenced (mainly cowboy bebop and even the bombed film Speed Racer, which i actually enjoyed). Its okay for them to go on and make live action comics non-stop, sometimes bad (Daredevil) and sometimes excellent (Dark Knight), but no matter how good there are we always know how great the source material is and it doesn't get tarnished by a bad movie. It just seems like these anime fanboys feel as if movies based on animes are the end all judgement that will make the world forget the original greatness they were based on. if you're anime isn't going anywhere, then why should you care what some studio reps decide to do when they make up something of there own? if it fails, o well, your anime is still great, if it succeeds, well who cares your anime is still great anyways. 

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Absurd

You know, About Dragonball Z, They should've made it like the Final Fantasy movie  instead of a live action movie

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By oldschool

What Hollywood does well is make good, big budget, massive special effect laden films. However, what they also do is get it wrong on so many levels, over and over. In the hands of a good producer, director and writer, plus good actors then you can have an excellent outcome.

Anime/manga is no different as a source for films as Marvel and DC comics. I was a Marvel comic collector between 1970 and 1975 and have about a thousand of them. The films over the years haven’t really been all that faithful to the source. I think they call that “artistic licence”. Sometimes they have been very good and there is no reason why westernised anime/manga couldn’t be just as good. I hate Transformers and always have. Didn’t stop me wanting to see the Hollywood film though.

As for American actors, why the problem? Surely, as a business and attempting to maximise profit, whilst appealing to the widest audience, they are going to put in actors the public at large want to see. There are quite a few well known and popular Asian actors that would be a walk-in for a role anyway (Chow Yun Fat, Jet Li, Jackie Chan and others). It is all fantasy after all.

A lot of anime/manga isn’t strictly tied to Asia. Hellsing is a European setting, like many. Consequently, European actors would be perfect. However, a Naruto type show would suck with an Anglo cast.

I vote for a live action movie of My Hime! can I get a hallelujah on that?

Other than that, I will sign any petition that casts Charlize Theron in the lead as Witchblade.

Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
Absurd said:
"You know, About Dragonball Z, They should've made it like the Final Fantasy movie  instead of a live action movie
"
Umm, no. The show itself is animated. Why make an animated movie based off of an animated show and not have it as a movie in the timeline advancing the plot? The reason the final fantasy movie is animated is because it's based off of a game and not an anime.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By DARKIDO07
stAtic said:

Hahaha xD

"
I can see the script now...
Goku: RRRRRGRAHHHHHREEEEEEEEEEE*More constipated crapping noises*
Vegeta: *Extreme constipated crapping noise*
Bnfbnggbfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bnfbnggbfg
DARKIDO07 said:
"stAtic said:

Hahaha xD

"
I can see the script now...
Goku: RRRRRGRAHHHHHREEEEEEEEEEE*More constipated crapping noises*
Vegeta: *Extreme constipated crapping noise*
"
And then half the movie is over by the time that is over.
Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Batman

Whoa.  I didn't know they were making a Hellsing movie.  That should be pretty good, hopefully.

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By boxman
i couldnt care less if it is trun in to a live action movie or not just something more to watch
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Dude, the Hollywood Dragonball Z movie has the following critical things wrong with it:

Goku is a skinny white guy
The movie is shot in Mexico
Anime/game adaptation movies always suck donkey balls

DJ_LaFleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By DJ_LaFleur

Dragon ball movie?  I can sense the fail already.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#37  Edited By vigorousjammer

Hellsing: Ultimate Edition was amazing... so you can all shut your mouths...

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By kenzo287

i always wanted to get into the hellsing series

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
Guiltyspark said:
"close this thread

"
I don't know shit about the topic at hand, but that would seem halfway legit if they had a better voiceover dude. THat sounds like a guy doing a bad impression of Bale Batman.... needs thay "Hollywood trailer deep stereotype" voice, then it would seem real.
Avatar image for blacksuitandtie9
BlackSuitAndTie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlackSuitAndTie9

Anime fans complain about anything that's taking away from their precious shows.

Only ones I can stand to watch are Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo, which wouldn't be too bad if they got adapted into movies actually. I think I heard Cowboy Bebop is getting the live action treatment actually, which has a lot of potential to do well.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah it is getting live action, fox just picked it up. 

it will be good no doubt, the guy who produced scanner darkly is producing it so at least the fanboys can rest assure that it will be very faithful to source material . 
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By c1337us

Hellsing is an extremely frustrating anime. Its best moments are brilliant but there are some terrible lows in it. I cant wait to see how that movie adaption turns out though as I can see how a Hellsing movie would work. I am skeptical about how decent a DBZ movie will turn out, but heres hoping.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
c1337us said:
"Hellsing is an extremely frustrating anime. Its best moments are brilliant but there are some terrible lows in it. I cant wait to see how that movie adaption turns out though as I can see how a Hellsing movie would work. I am skeptical about how decent a DBZ movie will turn out, but heres hoping.
"
Wait, that fucking thing is an actual trailer? Holy shit, why did they hire that guy to do the voiceover?
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By mike

Believe it or not, the last anime I saw was Ninja Scroll.