Posted by Pabba (308 posts) -

There's a part of me that's crazy, and that part pays attention to the "Coming Up On Giant Bomb" app on the homepage. When a Quick Look is announced and given a time and date, I immediately put it to memory so as not to miss out on the latest and greatest playing/commentary. Especially if Vinnie is involved.

Today, the site promised Quick Looks for Shoot Many Robots and Rayman 3 HD. Alas, they came and went, like writing on a chalkboard, brushed off in a single swoop, gone from view, but somehow still viewable. Given the site's recent move zaniness, I'd let them off the hook...yet this has happened a number of times before, and my crazy little mind just can't get over such teasing. All in all, it might as well read as so:

Sigh...

#1 Posted by Pabba (308 posts) -

There's a part of me that's crazy, and that part pays attention to the "Coming Up On Giant Bomb" app on the homepage. When a Quick Look is announced and given a time and date, I immediately put it to memory so as not to miss out on the latest and greatest playing/commentary. Especially if Vinnie is involved.

Today, the site promised Quick Looks for Shoot Many Robots and Rayman 3 HD. Alas, they came and went, like writing on a chalkboard, brushed off in a single swoop, gone from view, but somehow still viewable. Given the site's recent move zaniness, I'd let them off the hook...yet this has happened a number of times before, and my crazy little mind just can't get over such teasing. All in all, it might as well read as so:

Sigh...

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

I tend to not pay attention to that box for this very reason.

#3 Posted by SolidOcelot (317 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

This. Also seeing E3 Bombcast for a year before the actual podcast is crazy.

#4 Edited by Zidd (1836 posts) -

@SolidOcelot: Thats there because when the box was first made Dave asked them to make sure it was never empty because the top men hadn't finished the behavior for it not being there. Thats been long since fixed on the other sites I figure they just kept on doing it.

#5 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

They often miss their marks on those.

Why they commit to a time if they can't guarantee they'll hit it, I couldn't tell you.

#6 Posted by SoledadBrother (38 posts) -

I keep refreshing the site every 15 or so minutes waiting for atleast one of those quicklooks.

#7 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

@SolidOcelot: Its there to keep it from breaking. Dave said it has to be something on there at all times, it wouldn't work otherwise.

#8 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

@SolidOcelot said:

@laserbolts said:

And by a year you mean two and a half months.

#9 Posted by Pabba (308 posts) -

@Zidd: Huh, didn't know about that, thanks. Anyone remember what was there before when the E3 podcast wasn't?

#10 Posted by cheeckoo (25 posts) -

@VIGGO123 said:

@SolidOcelot: Its there to keep it from breaking. Dave said it has to be something on there at all times, it wouldn't work otherwise.

yep I rember that, and I really like when it was the "End of Starwars Galaxies" for the better of last year

#11 Posted by Korosuzo (170 posts) -

@Winternet: I think it's been more like 6 months but if it's true they need to have something up so it doesn't break that makes sense now.

#12 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

Yeah, there is always a hint of disappointment when those "Coming up" things don't pan out. I do realize that's my own fault, a 33 year old man getting excited by someone else playing a not so very interesting xbla game (in the case of Rayman 3 and Shoot many robots) but I can't help it.

I am at the point that I like Giantbomb and their covering of games more than I like the games themselves.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (11815 posts) -
@Winternet said:

@SolidOcelot said:

@laserbolts said:

And by a year you mean two and a half months.

Well, it's been there since the SWG finale, but as VIGGO said, it's because of some backend stuff requiring there to be at least one future event in the box at all times.
#14 Edited by Zecks23 (150 posts) -

@Pabba: It was the end of Star Wars Galaxies

Anyway, I also get extremely disappointed when I see something on there and look forward to it only to have it either appear late or never at all. I should ignore it but can't seem to stop myself from looking

#15 Posted by believer258 (11565 posts) -

I was wondering where the Rayman 3 Quick Look went. All this time and I only just began to notice that box a little while ago, and only now do I see that it doesn't always land on schedule.

#16 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

@Zecks23: I usually find the box accurate, so there is a reason to keep following it.

#17 Posted by cyraxible (682 posts) -

The box just uses the times that they set for them to automatically go up. They usually come out when they say they're going to.

It's not like someone is sitting at the office at 6am waiting to hit the QL Launch Button.

#18 Posted by diz (906 posts) -

It is very disappointing that these schedules are so often missed.

#19 Posted by hedfone (1749 posts) -

That shoot many robots quick look was hilarious!

#20 Posted by Pabba (308 posts) -

Six hours later, the Shoot Many Robots Quick Look is up! REJOICE ALL!

#21 Posted by dvorak (1496 posts) -

I'd say that all parts of you are crazy. Just saying.