• 0 results
#1 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Jeff was talking about working at a theater on the bombcast and only working there for a week or so. What is the quickest you have ever quit a job?

Mine was a theater as well. I lasted around 3 days. In the same day they flipped out because I used the restroom between cleaning theaters and I found a large popcorn tub full of puke. That was enough for me.

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

I have not yet been employed in any capacity.

#3 Posted by DryvBy (249 posts) -

During lunch, never came back. So 4 hours, lol.

#4 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -
@DryvBy said:
" During lunch, never came back. So 4 hours, lol. "
What was it? That sounds terrible.
#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I've never quit my job.

#6 Posted by DryvBy (249 posts) -
@Barrock said:
" @DryvBy said:
What was it? That sounds terrible. "
It wasn't a horrible job, I just didn't want to waste the guys time. I was looking for a good in-between jobs until I moved to Texas from Cali. They were a little overly nice and really stressed they needed someone full time and for a long time. So, during lunch I just left.
#7 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

8 days small Japanese resturant I just wanted to wash dishes they made me a waiter, I can't remember orders and shit so I hated it and the boss was an idiot so I got out of there.  

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

i worked in a factory for 2 weeks the summer before my sophomore year of college. I wasn't a bad job i just didn't want to work anywhere at that time.

#9 Posted by Brockly46 (645 posts) -
@DryvBy said:
same
#10 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

I've been at my job for four years. I probably won't quit, want to though.

#11 Posted by TheChaos (1158 posts) -

I quit before I even applied.

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@TheChaos said:
" I quit before I even applied. "
lolz 

@gingertastic_10 said:
" I've been at my job for four years. I probably won't quit, want to though. "
what do u do ?
#13 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -
@TheChaos said:
" I quit before I even applied. "
Theez
#14 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

5 hours.  I was 16 years old and started work at Pizza Hut to make money for college.  Screaming kids, rude adults, dirty kitchen and the manager who was nice in the interview immediately became a dick.  Walked out the back door carrying 2 pizzas and 4 tubs of hagen das straight onto my friends moped.

#15 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

I got a job in like march. My start date was april 13. I quite before april 13. So negative a few days.

#16 Posted by Jeust (10654 posts) -

two months in. 

#17 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

1 day. had a trial being a porter at a small restaurant. The place was so fucked up it had a deli, cheese shop and restaurant. I had to do the washing up on my own for all those places. Had too much work to even take a lunch break and my fingers were almost numb by the end. Worst thing about it was it was a calm day. I quit before my saturday shift. 
My housemate used to work there since I left and it's so terribly managed that people quit all the time. Absolutely horrible environment.

#18 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@doublezeroduck said:
" I've never quit super fast. I've had 3 jobs and I've been working since i was 16. I'm 27 now. 3 years or so at a pizza joint, 3 years almost to the day at a call center, and 5 so far at a bank. "
This is why you stay in school kids.
#19 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

I lasted 3 months working in a call centre. I learnt how much I hated being on the phone during the first month but stuck it out for another two just in case it was a phase, it really wasn't! No strange German man I will not tell you what colour my toe nails are painted!

#20 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

I've never quit a job, I've only had one and I've still got it now. I've worked there for almost two years now. I'll be leaving at the end of August to go to uni but I won't be 'quitting', I'll be coming back in the summer... :p

#21 Posted by Dauragon (554 posts) -

I worked at a Hollywood Video/Game Crazy for nearly 4 months before it got shut down. Not exactly quitting but, damn.

#22 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

3, 4ish months. i worked at a graphic department of a place that makes sport jerseys / T-shirts. i was excited that i could work in graphics department to learn a few things. they had me pull vinyl stuff for the shirts and somebody would then press the vinyl onto the shirt. i quit because i had another job working somewhere else delivering mail to company. it was a lot of times slow so i sad around.

#23 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@doublezeroduck said:
" @RiotBananas: Lol, yeah I was doing that as well, finished my MBA at Portland State. Lol Once you move out of Mommy and Daddies, you'll realize having bills means working for a living... at call centers or pizza joints or wherever really. I made it through all that, the question is....will you? But you're right...STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS.  "
Actually I'm training to be a Police Officer. So... yeah...
#24 Edited by tmek (112 posts) -

When i was 16 my parents forced me get a job or be grounded.  I was really against it.  I grew up in a penny-pincher household in an neighborhood where all the other families had loads of disposable income and gave their kids big allowances.  I felt it was unfair and hadn't learned yet that life is unfair. I got a job at captain D's, paid for the uniform (shirt and hat) and quit after just a couple of days (long enough to learn how to mix hush puppy batter though, barf!!).   For several weeks, every other day or so, I would put on my Captain D's uniform and leave the house.  Then I would change shirts in my car and go hang out with my friends for the duration of my 'shift'.    Eventually something came up important enough for my parents to call me at work.  The manager told them I had quit weeks ago.  Needless to say I was grounded a for a very long time.

#25 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@RiotBananas said:
" @doublezeroduck said:
" I've never quit super fast. I've had 3 jobs and I've been working since i was 16. I'm 27 now. 3 years or so at a pizza joint, 3 years almost to the day at a call center, and 5 so far at a bank. "
This is why you stay in school kids. "
I'd hardly call working as a bank teller a boondocks job.
#26 Posted by Seedofpower (3930 posts) -

About 4 months.

#27 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@doublezeroduck said:
" @RiotBananas said: 
Actually I'm training to be a Police Officer. So... yeah... "
Well... alright. Good... luck. Lol "
You're under arrest on suspicion of being really nice. <3
#28 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" I've never quit my job. "
Won't let you, huh? Yea, I understand that. *taps crown a bit*
#29 Posted by FinalDasa (1748 posts) -

One day. 

It was an early early start, the guy I was replacing was leaving in less than a week and they expected me to learn everything he knew by the following day. 
Needless to say I couldn't lean one job in one day, so I never came back.

#30 Posted by aurahack (2271 posts) -

Worked at Dunkin' Donuts for a week. Quit because the manager was a fat cunt and would ask me to do the most ridiculous of things. And the other ladies who worked there never shared tips. Quit, then got a job at McGill for 3 months that had me destroying electronics for recycling. Best decision I ever made.

#31 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

1 day,
Using diesel to scrape concrete off framing boards, 
End of the day I told him this was the worst job I have ever had and told him to consider that day volunteer work because I wasn't coming back

#32 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic:  I work at a bowling center. In back with all the machines.
#33 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Not sure. I worked at an all night gas station on a very quite strip of highway on the weekends for a month or two. It was a great job as all you did was picked out a couple movies from the attached store and sat there and watched them as maybe five or six cars came in throughout the night. Sadly though winter hit about a month or two in, and the sixty to seventy foot walk from the door to the pumps became a patch of ice, and I cannot walk on ice with falling on my ass every other step so I had to quit the job.

About six to ten months later I got a job at a call center and that was the only job I ever actually quit out of frustration. I was lucky and was put on the phones that only called people in our own country of Canada where 99% of the people you called where polite and kind; unlike the poor folks who got stuck on the American phones who got screamed at and called everything under the sun on ever call they had to make. However after about four to five months of doing nothing but sitting in a room for ten hours a day saying the same mind numbingly tedious speech over a thousand times only to go home, fall asleep, and get up an hour before work to do it all again I couldn't take it any more. That was the last job I had as I have been unemployed since. Makes me mad that I couldn't stay on another month, because you had to work there for six months before the dental coverage kicked in and I need a lot of dental work done. Wish I could have held out long enough to get the work I need done then quit out. Oh well.

#34 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -

Half a shift in at this Chinese restaurant I quit, none of them spoke English and they all kept getting furious with me because I couldn't understand anything they were saying. So I finally said okay I'm out, don't worry about the pay, grabbed a couple redbulls from the coolers and never went back lol.  

#35 Posted by bjorno (1416 posts) -

5 days

#36 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

I've only had two jobs and for my 2nd job I was there for 6 months.

#37 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

1 day, i was doing my first actual day at a super market and after my 6 hour shift i left and never came back.

#38 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Still working on getting a job.

Harder than it looks.

#39 Posted by Jaserno (242 posts) -

5 days, working in a retail store, I didn't get on with the manager and they treated me like shit.

#40 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I had a seasonal job that lasted 3 months.  But I didn't really quit from that, it just.... ended.  However, I did work for a year and a half in an IT office.  I hated it, so I quit.

#41 Posted by Xeiphyer (5604 posts) -
@Mrskidders said:
" 5 hours.  I was 16 years old and started work at Pizza Hut to make money for college.  Screaming kids, rude adults, dirty kitchen and the manager who was nice in the interview immediately became a dick.  Walked out the back door carrying 2 pizzas and 4 tubs of hagen das straight onto my friends moped. "
moped.. thats classy shit.
#42 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -
@Xeiphyer: Not much other choice at the age of 16 for a getaway vehicle apart from "run really fast to a bus stop and hope a bus is there".  It served its purpose well.
#43 Posted by Daveyo520 (6761 posts) -

I guess 3 months.

#44 Posted by Kyelb22 (297 posts) -

Two weeks. Selling Verizon FiOS door to door. I was working over 70+ hours a week to have people tell me to fuck off and slam doors in my face. Commission based sales sucks...

#45 Posted by ihaterich (12 posts) -

3 Hours. It was as a delivery guy for a service that would deliver food from the restaurant of your choice. Too bad they paid by the delivery and had pretty much no business at all. After I got 5 bucks for my 3 hours shift I told the manager I wasn't coming back.

#46 Posted by Walker_after_dark (84 posts) -

2 months. I worked day shift at a video store where literally no one would come in for hours on end, you weren't allowed to sit down for the entire shift, and you weren't allowed to watch movies. By the time I quit I was the most senior employee after the store manager.

#47 Posted by Undeadpool (4943 posts) -

I was fired from a video rental place after one week because they said I wasn't "getting it" quickly enough. Though I'm pretty sure it was because the guy who was training me (himself having only been there two weeks...) was also stealing out of the register.

#48 Posted by jorojoserojas (258 posts) -

About 3 months, because I applied for two different jobs at some point. I got hired by a retail store, and it was fine and all, but my other job prospect a few months in and asked for an interview. It was a much higher paying and 9 to 5 kind of thing, so I took that instead.

#49 Posted by Jesse_jra (3 posts) -

When I was still in school I applied for a job at McDonalds.  I was hired and had orientation.  I had to watch a video.  Never went back though.  So technically I worked for Ronald McDonald for an hour...

#50 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

Catering company, one day.