Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Arkthemaniac said:
Rolling Stone said that Joshua Tree was a better album than Dark Side Of The Moon.
THEY HAVE NO CREDIBILITY.
"
Rolling Stone has never had credibility. 
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Milkman
Jolly_Lolly said:
"TeflonBilly said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
"Dude...Radiohead is NOTHING like Brand New or Circa Survive. Not liking them has nothing to do with you liking Radiohead."
mmm I beg to differ. Brand New especially *shudders*"
Have you listened to God and The Devil Are Raging Inside Me? That album is fantastic. A tough listen, but worth it."
Seriously, that album is fantastic. I like Deja Entendu, cause you can see the transition from Your Favorite Weapon beginning.
The Devil And God Are Raging inside Of Me was my favorite album of 2007"
Cool? It's just all preference and opinion, don't know who you're trying to convince here. Neither of those bands are bad, they're just kind of out there for some people (including me) and are sometimes a pain to accustom to (Circa Survive more so).

But if I can accept Radiohead, perhaps I'll try to do so with the other bands as well, who knows. Time is the only issue :p"
I just want to make something clear. Brand New and Circa Survive suck.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
Rolling Stone said that Joshua Tree was a better album than Dark Side Of The Moon.
"
Rolling Stone has never had credibility. "
Never said they did :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkthemaniac said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"
Never said they did :)"
They do, occasionally, have provocative covers, but those are often publicity stunts. 
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By bjorno

Radiohead blow ass chunks.
BAM, OPINION !

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"
Never said they did :)"
They do, occasionally, have provocative covers, but those are often publicity stunts. "
Goddamn media controlling everything we do, say, think, express.

The Thought Police, using ignorance to the fullest potential...*end rant*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bjorno said:
"Radiohead blow ass chunks.
BAM, OPINION !"
Oh shit.  Here comes the pain.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Jonathan

Welcome to the internet. Our favorite band is Radiohead. You really need to buy Kid A and Ok Computer. The two greatest albums ever. Ever.

Want to see how good of a live band Radiohead is?

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Jonathan

There are five levels of Radiohead fans

Level 0: People who only like Creeo

Level 1: People who like The Bends and Radiohead's more pop-rocky tunes

Level 2: People who like Ok Computer and the band's more alternative stuff

Level 3: People who like their avant-garde electronica era from Kid A

Level 4 : People who like everything the band has evfer done. Like me.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jonathan
Tarsier said:
"radiohead was good but their music has gotten stale for me. i am not a big fan of the mood.
also to the video posted above: man it sounds like i have heard that little tune somewhere before... oh yeah, in every other metal song that has ever been put out! o_o
"
Thom Yorke wrote that bass line at the age of 16 around 1984. I really don't know of any other song that has that bass line.
snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61  Edited By snake911

imo

Let down from OK Computer

lodar011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By lodar011

I love how the OP asks for some Radiohead songs to listen to and it turns into people arguing on whether they are a good band...god I love teh internets.  Anyways, some of my favorites:

Blow Out, The Bends, Climbing Up the Walls, No Suprises, Idioteque, Life in a Glass House, Go to Sleep, There There, All I Need

They are my favorite band so I could really just list every song, but yeah, these ones are all good.

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

Radiohead is AWESOME in my book

the Bends and OK Computer are great albums (especially OK Computer, Airbag ftw!)

there's absolutely nothing wrong with expanding your musical tastes
like I've been getting into some 90's hip ho*gets shot*

...but seriously, A Tribe Called Quest ftw, as well as other 90's hip hop artists XD
/off topic

anyway, you should definitley (I need to figure out how to spell this word) explore more alternative if Radiohead floats your paper boat(i.e: smashing pumpkins, early weezer, pixies, etc.)

EDIT: oh shit you asked for recommendations lol
Airbag, Just, Subterranean Homesick Alien, My Iron Lung, The Bends, Street Spirit, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, No Suprises
also everything else people have said before me
Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mercator
jakob187 said:
"Man, maybe I just don't get it.  =  /  Oh well.  I offer this:

"
Your joking right? That's tripe.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By Drebin_893

Only Talk Show Host for me.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
nofx4208 said:
"Radiohead is AWESOME in my book
the Bends and OK Computer are great albums (especially OK Computer, Airbag ftw!)

there's absolutely nothing wrong with expanding your musical tastes
like I've been getting into some 90's hip ho*gets shot*

...but seriously, A Tribe Called Quest ftw, as well as other 90's hip hop artists XD
/off topic

anyway, you should definitley (I need to figure out how to spell this word) explore more alternative if Radiohead floats your paper boat(i.e: smashing pumpkins, early weezer, pixies, etc.)

EDIT: oh shit you asked for recommendations lol
Airbag, Just, Subterranean Homesick Alien, My Iron Lung, The Bends, Street Spirit, Weird Fishes/Arpeggi, No Suprises
also everything else people have said before me
"
I actually like (well, used to) Weezer, and started listening to Pixies around two months ago.

Good shit, I must say ;)
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Osaladin

Yeah I recently discovered Radiohead after my friend let me borrow In Rainbows and OK Computer. Quite honestly, I'm stunned, when I think of music now, the first band that comes to mind is Radiohead. A lot of music I listened to before was more of mood music, in other words, I have to be in the mood to listen to it. Whether I was a bit down, or really happy, or w/e. But Radiohead, it's music that actually puts me into a mood as opposed to me having to be in a mood to listen to it.

Short answer, I really like them, and I can now see what all the talk was about, my only regret is that it took me this long to get into them, but better late then never huh?

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Just an update:

Wow, some of you guys weren't kidding about that Kid A album, definitely something I will have to pain my way through in order to get used to it.

*whimpers*

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By OmegaPirate
TeflonBilly said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
"Dude...Radiohead is NOTHING like Brand New or Circa Survive. Not liking them has nothing to do with you liking Radiohead."
Have you listened to God and The Devil Are Raging Inside Me? That album is fantastic. A tough listen, but worth it."
Seriously, that album is fantastic. I like Deja Entendu, cause you can see the transition from Your Favorite Weapon beginning.
The Devil And God Are Raging inside Of Me was my favorite album of 2007"

HandsomeDead said:
"Jolly_Lolly said:
"Milkman said:
Guys Brand new are fucking awesome - the 'Your favourite weapon' album was a good one but you could tell they hadnt really settles into their sound yet  -Deja Entendu remained my favourite album of all time from moment it released right up until when the devil and god came out- if you havent got Deja Entendu I urge you a million times over to listen to it, its fucking amazing.

At the mo, Devil and god now sits on my most loved shelf, its just a fucking masterpiece, and only brand new could make a song contining lyrics about frowning babies -and you completely sympathise and find nothing wrong with the suggestion, thank fuck he split from Taking back sunday to be honest - cos brand new are phenomenal :D
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By turboman
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Just an update:

Wow, some of you guys weren't kidding about that Kid A album, definitely something I will have to pain my way through in order to get used to it.

*whimpers*"
I'm a Radiohead fan, but I don't like the two albums before In Rainbows(Hail to the Thief and Amnesiac if I can remember correctly)
Kid A is an amazing CD to appreciate, but I don't go back to it often except for three songs....

oh, and Idioteque is Radiohead's greatest song....

also, Idioteque is the greatest song of all time IMO
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Wolverine

I heard them a few times but I wouldn't consider myself a fan. I couldn't name five songs off the top of my head.

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By hexogen

I love a big chunk of Radiohead's stuff, but I can't say I like all of it. OK Computer is possibly one of my favorite albums of all time, and The Bends and In Rainbows are also pretty damn great, but Pablo Honey, Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief don't really do it for me. They each have some great songs on them, but I can't listen to them all the way through without skipping half the songs or turning them off completely.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#73  Edited By Karmum

You aren't bad for this, a very wise move. I was kind of turned off by their performance at the Grammys, though.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#74  Edited By mracoon

Radiohead are awsome

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Shazam

Radiohead aren't amazing but they're not terrible. Admitedly, they have more bad songs than good but when they get it right, it is fucking epic. "Creep" and "Bulletproof.. I wish I was" are the two songs that spring to mind. I do prefer Muse though. People compare Radiohead and Muse all the time, saying that Muse just copy Radiohead but to be honest, Muse have gotten way better. They've evolved out of their angst phase and most importantly, have catchy guitar rifts in nearly every song. Muse are a more accessible rock band version Radiohead and if you think Radiohead are okay, I'd definitely give Muse a listen.