Rage Quit

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sagesebas

The term is so-so but it really adequately sums up the feeling. The game that does this to me the worst is Gran Tourismo 3 A-Spec, I hate that game so much, it's too hard and not rewarding at all. 

What games do this to you the worst?

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By one_2nd

Use it in a sentence, please. 

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Sometimes I just get so frustrated I lose all my basic instincts and go crazy. I call it a primal rage quit.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By one_2nd

Oh I see, this happens to me mostly in sports games when my opponent takes the lead and just holds the puck/ball to run out the clock. I hope they all perish. 

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I haven't rage quitted as far as I know. Boredom normally takes over instead.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sagesebas
@eroticfishcake: try Gran turismo 3 it'll get ya
Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Alphiehyr
@one_2nd said:
" Use it in a sentence, please.  "
Fail.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By one_2nd
@Alphiehyr: lol never actually heard anyone use this phrase. I guess I'm not cool enough...
JonGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By JonGamer

Several games of Halo when being constantly betrayed or having teammates try and delevel. Resident Evil 5 : Desperate Escape on Pro kicked my ass and made me quit.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake
@sagesebas: I have played GT3 and I didn't get particularly angry with that. Now that I think about it though the closest I can think of is that one mission in MW2 where you're getting gunned down by hundreds of Russian soldiers and my re-spawn point was beside a grenade. Took me an hour to do but I still managed to get it eventually so I don't mind that much.
Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Uncharted 1 was one of the few games that truly infuriated me. I normally don't have trouble getting through shooters on normal or hard, but that game is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to the amount of  damage you and your enemies take. There was one game that caused me to break a controller but I cannot recall which one it was.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Cramsy

Games are frustrating when you know exactly what to do, but you can't quite do it (due to you fucking up or the game being bullshit)

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

i heard the phrase rage quit many time but not sure what it mean. is rage quit like you getting your ass kicked in fighting games, in the middle of fight..... you quit? is that what it is? rage quit?

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By arkasai
@AnnouncerGXZ said:
" i heard the phrase rage quit many time but not sure what it mean. is rage quit like you getting your ass kicked in fighting games, in the middle of fight..... you quit? is that what it is? rage quit? "
Basically means walking away from the game in a fit of rage.  Usually preceded by the breaking of a controller or TV.  It happens in games like World of Warcraft quite often, most commonly stemming from someone 'less deserving' getting an item and the offended party ends up leaving the guild.  In WoW it often means the person leaves a raid midway through (many times causing the raid to end) and quitting the guild.   

The last game that truly brought me to my knees and broke my very fucking soul was Ikaruga for the Gamecube.  Holy shit I cannot express how far that game took a simple red vs blue concept and turned it into a total mindfuck of a shooter.  Heartbreakingly difficult from beginning to end, with epic bosses.  It was one of those games where my first life often took me the farthest...and from that point on I'd spend like 4 hours trying to get as far as I did on that FIRST life.  And the only way to progress is to take a break for a while and come back with a level head.  That was my experience with it the game...dunno about you guys, but every inch of progress in that game felt very rewarding.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think it's a brilliant phrase but I very rarely rage quit a game myself.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By ch13696

No Caption Provided
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By armaan8014

Only once I think. While playing Pure. I had completed 75% of it after a lot of struggle, but then began to see there was no point of completing the game.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By floodiastus

Left 4 Dead 2 with nabz

eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#19  Edited By eliminator

Patapon for me I think,the missions started getting to hard and didn't played it anymore,however I like the game it's very unique. 
Also yeah I could't get into Gran Turismo 4 as well,to complex for my racing needs.I'm more of a NFS or Burnout racer,not one that RPG's a racing game.Even tho I have huge respect for GT4 because I can see some people really liking it.
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fini_fly

I don't think I've rage quit to anything. One of my friends however was banned from the Halo servers for 3 months for rage quitting during the online matches too much. Needless to say we made fun of him.

PilotXIan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PilotXIan

I certainly have rage quit. It's usually out of frustration when things are just a little one sided.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Bollard

I love me a good rage quit. It has to be worth it though, I won't just quit every game. For example, I have never quit a game on Fifa, to protect my DNF.  

Also, floccinauccinihilipilification. And in case that didn't count, oversimplification.

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By baconbits33
@eroticfishcake said:
" @sagesebas: I have played GT3 and I didn't get particularly angry with that. Now that I think about it though the closest I can think of is that one mission in MW2 where you're getting gunned down by hundreds of Russian soldiers and my re-spawn point was beside a grenade. Took me an hour to do but I still managed to get it eventually so I don't mind that much. "
I've never had that problem before, I completed veteran mode in 6 hours, and it was my second play through. Now yeah there were times like during the sub mission when you were having to rush to get to the sub in 2 minutes but I managed to get past that in 20 minutes.... yeah believe it or not the rest of that game was a breeze on veteran even the gulag was easy to do.
arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By arkasai

Almost forgot F-Zero GX for the Gamecube, who remembers that one?  For a while that was the fastest hardest racing game I'd ever played.  I went into that game thinking it could never be as fast as Wipe Out.....shit was I wrong.  

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By alexl86

Eh, there are plenty of racing games that are harder and more frustrating than GT. Actually, GT3 and 4 are fairly easy, since you can usually ensure that your car is the fastest, and even when it isn't, the A.I. will never go at full speed. Playing endurance races in Forza with simulation damage and wrecking the car on the final lap is definitely very frustrating.

In terms of multiplayer, I guess the most "rage" quits you'll encounter is in fighting games, where every other opponent yanks out the cable in every other match.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Marcsman

Nobody likes quitters but AA. So go have a fucking donut .

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Synthballs

Picross 3D. 

MOTHERFUCKER I WANTED TO PAINT THAT BLOCK GAAAH!

Foxtrot0245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Foxtrot0245

Halo wars is notorious for rage-quitters. Very annoying.
buwchbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By buwchbach

Megaman 9. 
I cannot stand the fact that I am at Wily's castle but I cant finishing it.

Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rehehelly
@Synthballs said:
" Picross 3D.  MOTHERFUCKER I WANTED TO PAINT THAT BLOCK GAAAH! "
or "MOTHERFUCKER THE PERSPECTIVE MADE IT LOOK LIKE THAT BLOCK WAS IN THAT COLUM AND NOW I HAVE A MISS AND HAVE TO START AGAIN ARGH!!"

luckily I tend to play Picross 3D before I go to bed, which probably isn't a good idea, engaging my brain in something stimulating before bed but whatever, I just power off and try to sleep.
kamoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kamoku

The best example of this phenomenon is L4D (in case of multi player games, I'm not very familiar with that term in single player). 
In my experience I've encountered two main types of quitting. There's the childish quit, where people leave just because they're losing, and there's the quit due to boredom.

As for me, I tend to succumb to the latter one because if my team is taking a beating, I find the constant failing hilarious and can't stop laughing every time a team mate or myself fucks up, so I usually end up being the only one left on my team.

You have to keep things fun, it's just a game after all, and you are meant to have a laugh.  

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By WickedCobra03

I actually don't rage quit like ever.  It is more or less me just going through the rest of the match/race/level.... until I am done or eventually die, and then I quit.  I don't know why, but I always finish things off.  I mean sure, I might be getting frustrated and such, but I just don't get up and quit and throw the controller.  If I am that pissed though, I won't come back to a game though for a while though after that race is completed.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I have never rage quitted before.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sadisticham

It depends what you class as rage quit. If the other team is talking shit I'll leave usually. I wont quit out of rage I'll quit cause I'm not playing a game to hear abuse from teenagers.

Never quit out of anger really i don't usually let it bother me that much.

Jaserno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jaserno

I don't think I've rage quitted before. Not that I can remember anyway. StarCraft and L4D seem to be the ones that most people quit out of in fits of faggotry. 

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By skywing

Starcraft II, when you find yourself in a position where you can do nothing but die slowly.

StarFry64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By StarFry64

cynosure.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WickedFather

Trying to get the "Heart of the Reich" achievement and fighting those fucking cerberus puppies that grow into big ones in God of War.

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow
@one_2nd:  i got one man army -danger close grenade launchered now i will rage quit in anger
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GreggD

The only time I rage quit in the last five years was when I kept totaling my car in Dirt.