• 94 results
#51 Posted by johncallahan (541 posts) -

My order would be as follows....

1.) Toy Story 3 - One of the few movies to make me openly weep in theaters. I cry at movies a lot, but can usually contain myself in public. This one just broke me. Beautiful movie.

2.) The Incredibles - Up there in terms of best super hero movies period.

3.) Finding Nemo - Wonderful story, beautiful movie, funny, charming, masterpiece.

4.) Up - The first ten minutes of this movie are pure perfection. Emotionally heart-wrenching, you'd have to be a monster not to get a bad case of the feels with this. Rest of the movie never reaches that level, but is still fantastic.

5.) Wall-E - Can't quite put my finger on why I like this one so much, second half has some major issues, but the first half with Wall-E on a desolate Earth is chilling and mesmerizing.

6.) Brave - I thought for their first attempt with a female lead Brave was incredible. Loved Merida, her story may have connected with me on a deeper level personally, and that maaaay be clouding my judgement. But that movie had great action, pulled at the heartstrings, great music. Awesome.

7.) Ratatouille - Hilarious, not much more to say. Maybe the most flat-out charming movie on this list.

8.) Toy Story 2 - Yeah, I like it better than the first one, not by much, but people still think I'm crazy for that. Lot of great humor though, touching story about being forgotten and beginning to drift out of childhood.

9.) Toy Story - I mean, it's Toy Story, it's down on this list only by necessity, this is probably the Pixar movie that's closest to my heart, definitely seen it the most. Wore out two VHS copies when I was a kid.

10.) Monsters Inc - I like the world, I like a lot about this movie. Nothing ever hits "love" levels though. Good stuff, but not near my favorite.

11.) Monsters University - See above, like its predecessor still really good, but hard to keep up with this company.

12.) A Bugs Life - I liked A Bugs Life as a kid, but it doesn't hold up. Still has some really funny bits, but flat story, not a whole lot going for it.

13.) Cars - I like the idea, and the French car.

14.) Cars 2 - Ugh.

Looking at it now, the bottom two are the only ones that I never enjoyed at any point in my life. A Bugs Life is pretty meh, but other than that, man Pixar has a GREAT track record.

#52 Posted by BisonHero (6047 posts) -
#53 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

Here's all that matters:

Toy Story is the best of the bunch and everything else is subjective.

That's the truth. When it comes down to it, the original Toy Story ends up in the majority of top three lists, even if it is not at #1. It is ALWAYS in the top three. In turn, it is safe to say that it is the best of the Pixar movies overall.

Beyond that, there are people that don't like a few entries while others do. Finding Nemo and A Bug's Life are the two I commonly see flip-flopping. Personally, I think they are two of the best. However, there are people that think A Bug's Life is bland and Finding Nemo is overemotional junk. Meanwhile, I think Brave is a complete failure and Monsters Inc. is a lump of crap...if not worse than that. I haven't even bothered to see Ratatouille.

The only real thing the majority can seem to agree upon is that Toy Story is the strongest movie and the Cars films are the weakest.

As long as I know this stuff, then I'm all good. I always enjoy talking to people about why they enjoy particular Pixar movies and not enjoy other ones. It's amazing because people always bring in their own personal history with the films as well as personal relations of their life in comparison to the film. That is fascinating to me.

#54 Edited by Aegon (5377 posts) -

Never saw Cars 2, Bug's Life and Brave, so those are off the list.

11. Cars.

10. Ratatouille

9. WALL-E

8. Up

7. Toy Story 3 (I only watched it once in the theaters and was disappointed. It wasn't bad, but it felt like it was missing a few ingredients the others in the series had.)

6. Monsters University

5. Incredibles

4. Toy Story 2

3. Toy Story

2. Monsters Inc. (interchangeable with Toy Story)

1. Finding Nemo

#55 Posted by liquiddragon (221 posts) -

I haven't seen them all but my list is...

11. A Bug's Life
10. Brave
9. Monsters Inc.
8. Toy Story 2
7. Monsters U
6. Toy Story 3
5. Finding Nemo
4. The Incredibles
3. Up & Wall-E (Tie)
2. Toy Story
1. Ratatouille

#56 Posted by Random45 (995 posts) -

@hailinel said:

I honestly haven't seen many Pixar films, so I can't properly rank them, but I thought Brave was actually pretty bad. The lead is a brat and the whole reason that the majority of the movie happens is because she does something horrible to her mother and refuses to apologize for the duration of the film.

No kidding. I went to see that in theaters, and one of the few things I recall is how much I disliked the main girl. I know the whole point is that she's SUPPOSED to be a brat so she'll learn her lesson, but god damn, they go a bit too far and just make her plain unlikable.

#57 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

Strictly going from the ones I've seen.

• Cars
  • A bug's life
  • Finding Nemo
  • Toy Story 2
  • Toy Story
  • The Incredibles
  • Wall-E
  • Up
  • Toy Story 3
  • Monster's Inc.
#58 Edited by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -

14. Cars 2

13. Bug's Life

12. Monsters University

11. Brave

10. The Incredibles

09. Monster Inc.

08. Up

07. Finding Nemo

06. Cars

05. Toy Story

04. Toy Story 2

03. WALL-E

02. Toy Story 3

01. Ratatouille

#59 Posted by NickLott (791 posts) -

My favorite to least. And to be clear, even lesser Pixar is better than a vast majority of movies. Cars 2 is the only feature I really didn't care for.

1. The Incredibles

2. Toy Story 3

3. Wall E

4. Toy Story 2

5. Ratatouille

6. Toy Story

7. Up

8. Finding Nemo

9. Brave

10. Monsters Inc

11. A Bug's Life

12. Monsters University

13. Cars

14. Cars 2

#60 Posted by Hunter5024 (5506 posts) -

I like Toy Story 1 and 3, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles, though I don't know that I could rank them. I did not like Cars, Monsters Inc, or anything after the first 5 minutes of Up. I haven't seen Ratatouille, Monsters University, Cars 2 or Wall E. I'm pretty indifferent to A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2. I saw Brave sort of but I was really upset when I saw it so I wasn't able to pay attention and I couldn't tell you a damn thing about it.

#61 Posted by mpgeist (593 posts) -

@animasta said:

1. The incredibles

2. the rest

#62 Posted by Fredddi43 (308 posts) -

14. Cars 2

13. Cars

12. Brave

11. Bug's Life

10. Toy Story 3

9. Toy Story

8. Toy Story 2

7. The Incredibles

6. Monsters U

5. Wall-E

4. Monsters Inc

3. Finding Nemo

2. Ratatouille

1. UP

#63 Edited by Mendelson9 (401 posts) -

My mind was blown last year when I randomly picked the movie Doc Hollywood from my dad's DVD collection and learned that the plot is EXACTLY the same as Cars. It's basically plagiarism.

EDIT: I remember liking A Bug's Life as a kid but does anyone remember Antz. I hated that movie so much. Just the way everyone looked was awful. Somehow it has a 95% on RT.

#64 Edited by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@turboman said:

1. Up - Easily one of the best movies of all time. The opening 20 minutes is so beautiful and tragic, and there are plenty of moments throughout the movie that always brings a tear to my eye.
  2. Toy Story 2
  3. The Incredibles - Best super hero movie of all time.
  4. WALL-E
  5. Toy Story
  6. Finding Nemo
  7. A Bugs Life
  8. Ratatoullie
  9. Monsters Inc
  10. Brave
  11. Toy Story 3
  12. Cars
  13. Monsters University
  14. Cars 2

First 20 minutes of Up... fuck. FUUUUUUUUUUU. So good!

#65 Posted by BillyMaysRIP (161 posts) -

Every movie past Toy Story 3 has not been good: Cars 2, Brave, and Monsters University.

Cars 2 was just baaaad and felt like a cheep money grab.

Brave and Monsters University were all fine films. Brave felt too much like a Disney Princess movie with very little depth that would engage adults. Monsters University was just a rehash of other stupid university films with Monsters Inc. trappings, and it really added nothing to an already saturated market of "animated slacker/kids comedy."

A quick note: Toy Story 3 was the last movie to have started production before the Disney takeover of Pixar in 2006. All three movies list above started production during the Disney years. It may be a coincidence, but hey, maybe Disney has had a bit of an adverse effect on the company.

Also, Ratatouille is the best. But all of the Pixar movies are really good.

#66 Edited by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -

@billymaysrip said:

Brave felt too much like a Disney Princess movie

Totally. I saw Brave in theater and it's pure Disneyness was very surprising. I didn't dislike it (I probably like classic Disney a lot more than most) but it did not have that Pixar vibe - though I gotta give it credit for having a crazy high level of animation quality.

@billymaysrip said:

Also, Ratatouille is the best. But all of the Pixar movies are really good.

Ratatouille all day every day.

#67 Posted by President_Barackbar (3415 posts) -

1. Wreck-It Ralph
  2. That's the list.

Wreck-It-Ralph is regrettably not a Pixar movie. It was made by Disney Animation Studios.

#68 Edited by Aetheldod (3495 posts) -

1.- Wall E

2.-Monsters Inc

3.-Ratatouille

4.-Toy Story 2

5.-Toy Story

6.-Toy Story 3

7.-The Incredibles

8.-Up:it was ok but didn´t liked it the whole way through.

9 , 10 , 11 .-Bug´s Life , Brave , Monster University (havent seen them so cant really say)

12.-Cars

13.-Cars 2 (havent seen it , nor care to)

14.-Finding Nemo : I just fucking hate this piece of annoying steaming pile of shit and garbage.

#69 Posted by Nightriff (4862 posts) -

@mendelson9 said:

My mind was blown last year when I randomly picked the movie Doc Hollywood from my dad's DVD collection and learned that the plot is EXACTLY the same as Cars. It's basically plagiarism.

EDIT: I remember liking A Bug's Life as a kid but does anyone remember Antz. I hated that movie so much. Just the way everyone looked was awful. Somehow it has a 95% on RT.

I actually prefer Antz to A Bug's Life but both movies are mediocre to good depending on the day really.

#70 Posted by TyCobb (1944 posts) -
  1. Toy Story.

Never watched any others. I don't really care much for the 3D animation. I prefer 2D animation that seems to have gone extinct.

#71 Posted by ikwal (225 posts) -
  1. Up
  2. WALL-E
  3. Finding Nemo

The Toy Story movies never really clicked with me and neither did The Incredibles. But these three movies I think are excellent. Some of my favorite movies.

#72 Edited by NTM (7234 posts) -

Wall-E's my favorite, Cars... 2 is my least favorite.

#73 Posted by PandaBear (1295 posts) -

Look I don't like Cars. And I haven't seen Cars 2... but there's HEAPS of kids that love it. Bad or not it made a lot of kids happy...

People are saying they "fucking hate" some of these movies... I mean seriously, I hope you're no older than 13 if you're that full of shit. I don't like some of Pixar's movies, but more often than not they make great films, every one of them is made with love and attention to detail, and above all even the worst aren't offensively stupid. You should hate on some shit like Meet the Spartans or The Starving Games which are just low brow, mean spirited shit...

I dunno... people are too emotional on here.

#74 Posted by Tarsier (1056 posts) -

i couldnt make it through toy story 3 it was just as boring as it was when i was akid

#75 Edited by ch3burashka (4991 posts) -

Princess Mononoke was the best by far.

#76 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (544 posts) -

If you ask me, Toy Story is more than a triumphant Pixar flick. It has one of the quintessential screenplays of English-speaking cinema, and especially coming from such a powerhouse of filmmakers as it is. If we can just take one moment and beat a dead horse, I'd like to just officiate that Toy Story is, indeed, one of the best movies ever.

#77 Edited by Lumley (941 posts) -

Note: I haven't seen Cars 2, Ratatouille or Monsters University (actually forgot that I hadn't watched this, might watch it tonight) so I'll exclude those.

11. Cars

10. Bug's Life

9. Brave

8. Monster's Inc..

7. Toy Story

6. Finding Nemo

5. Toy Story 3

4. WALL-E

3. Up

2. The Incredibles

1. Toy Story 2

Surprised to see Ratatouille so high on everybody's list, I adore everything Disney/Pixar so I guess I'd better watch is ASAP!

#78 Edited by gamefreak9 (2335 posts) -

I preferred toy story 1. I mean 3 was good no questions about it but nothing compares to that moment where they are on the rocket actually flying. There is REAL character development in that one. In the second toy story the development is more of on the new chars side and 3 has very little to speak of.

Also I thought Up was terrible. Just because a movie has a nice concept doesn't make it good. People fail to judge by what comes after. I mean balloon house and sad story with a dream is all really cool but then later... the enemy is boring, the dilemmas are boring, the humour is sub-par compared to other Pixar films, the bird barely gets developed into an interesting character, we get scatters of dog attitude but nothing ultimately fulfilling. It just seems nobody judges it objectively.

I have to say that ratatouille is my favourite too though. Igor doesn't get much screen time but he is brilliantly written. I love the theme, a cooking movie that's already very rare, but then its also rats. Pretty much all the main characters develop(except that short bad guy chef). None of the good characters are plainly wrong with frustrating attitudes.

Monsters University had interesting development though I thought too many nods at campus life were given and not enough creative thought process.

I didn't hate cars like most people seem to. I did find it more boring than the other movies though so I guess same rank.

#79 Posted by pepperzz (160 posts) -

14. Cars 2 (The only Pixar movie that I have never seen, and never want to see)

13. Ratatouille

12. Bug's Life

11. Cars

10. Toy Story 2

9. Monsters U

8. Brave

7. Toy Story 3

6. Toy Story

5. Finding Nemo

4. Monsters Inc.

3. Up

2. Wall-E

1. The Incredibles

Needless to say, a lot of these are just based on how much I remember of them (Toy Story 2 is so low that it has left little impression on me, even though I've watched it this year). I'd say that the top 3 are also very close together as my favourite Pixar movies.

#80 Posted by PenguinDust (12436 posts) -

Princess Mononoke was the best by far.

That would be an interesting question; what's better, the five best movies from Pixar or the five best Miyazaki movies from Studio Ghibli?

#81 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1347 posts) -
  1. The Incredibles
  2. Toy Story
  3. Ratatouille
  4. Up
  5. Toy Story 3
  6. Monsters Inc.
  7. Wall-E
  8. Finding Nemo
  9. Toy Story 2
  10. A Bugs Life
  11. Brave
  12. Cars
  13. Cars 2

1-5: Amazing....all of them

I haven't seen Monsters University yet but me not seeing it yet and having no interest in it seems telling. I also liked Antz more than A Bugs Life.

#82 Posted by OmniscientCajun (115 posts) -

I have to say, once again I love this community's disparity of opinion and preference. That Finding Nemo is all over these lists - bottom, top, everywhere in between - is a testament to the different approaches in thinking about these films. My list, top to bottom:

1. Wall-E
  2. The Incredibles
  3. Up
  4. Toy Story 3
  5. Finding Nemo
  6. Toy Story 2
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Toy Story
  9. A Bug's Life
  10. Monsters Inc.
  11. Monsters University
  12. Brave
  13. Cars
  14. Cars 2

1-4 are fantastic films I can watch anytime, as many times as I can. 5-10 are all lovely films that I enjoy thoroughly. 11-13 are noticeably flawed films that have strengths here and there but are markedly on a different level than the previous 10. Cars 2 is the only Pixar movie that during my first watching of it, I turned it off.

I marvel at how strong this company's filmography is. That I would rank Ratatouille and Toy Story smack in the middle of my list... this is quite the collection of movies. I love Pixar so much, it's unfortunate that their last 3 films are in my bottom 4 has me very cautious for the future of this Disney run company.

#83 Edited by afabs515 (1003 posts) -

@bemusedchunk:

1. Wreck It Ralph is not a Pixar movie

2. I fully approve of this list anyway.

#84 Posted by ElvishPresley (85 posts) -

14. Cars: This is one boring movie. You know how the film is going to end about 20 minutes in, but for some reason the movie is like over two hours. The races get less exciting as they go on, and it was hard to really care about the car-on-car romance despite Bonnie Hunt giving a good performance. George Carlin's hippie VW bug was the highlight. This is Pixar's only film that felt like a straight-up toy commercial with a story thrown in there.

13. Cars 2: Surprise! Cars 2 is better than Cars 1. Way better. It built on the only thing that Cars had going for it, which was it characters and world. In this one we got a better sense of how this strange human-less society operates, and even more silly characters. We got races as well as some action scenes, and it all looked cool and moved at a nice pace. What was it about? Couldn't tell you. But at least I was only marginally bored at times. This one understood it was a toy commercial and tried to be the best damn toy commercial in the world. I'll take it over a Transformers movie any day. Still not a good movie, though, which is why it's at 13.

12. A Bug's Life: I remember being pretty bummed seeing this after Toy Story. How could anything match perfection? Well this one sure didn't. It has a lot of charm and great voice acting, particularly Dave Foley and Kevin Spacey and the villains. And it did start the silly trend of blooper reels at the end of an animated movie. But the movie kind of comes and goes, with the only truly interesting idea being the insect circus. Of all of their films, the graphics here have aged the worst. Merely a pretty good movie.

11. Brave: I was pretty disappointed with this one. Of course it is stunningly gorgeous, but it the story ended up being a little too slapsticky for how they had promoted it. Honestly it's hard for me to write about it because the story kind of evaporates immediately onscreen once the whole bear thing happens (then again it's the only film on here I've seen only once aside from Cars 1 and 2). I dunno, I definitely have to see it again. All I remember is that it made a lot of promises and didn't fully deliver on any of them. Also, the way Disney corporate sexed up Merida's princess persona for marketing purposes after the film was released was downright disgusting.

10. Finding Nemo: I couldn't quite understand why this was so beloved when it came out. Sure it's one of Pixar's most visually arresting features, with plenty of fun characters (I'm actually quite enthused for Finding Dory, because Ellen DeGeneres was the best part of the first one), but the story is ultimately very predictable. It's probably the most predictable story aside from Cars.

9. Monsters University: I was amazed by how much I enjoyed this flick! They managed to use the same characters and world to tell a completely different story in tone and theme. Whereas Sully was the main character in Inc, here Mike takes center stage and shows how it's tough becoming the sidekick. And if you're down on this movie because it's not as good as the original, lemme say this: when have you EVER seen a good prequel? Never. Except here. Despite knowing where the characters are going to end up, the film is still full of surprises. Best Prequel of All-Time: Monsters University. I defy anyone to prove me wrong.

8. Up: A beautiful, whimsical film with fantastic performances and visuals, this films suffers from a ridiculously good opening and a somewhat predictable final act. But having the theme of death and loss at the forefront of a kid's movie is a masterstroke and makes this film unique and irreplaceable. A fantastic movie about childlike wonder and adult regret.

7. Ratatouille: Once again, Brad Bird shows he knows how to write a damn script. One of the few Pixar movies not to have child character, it's about adults dealing with difficult problems, like finding your passion in life and making a name for yourself in a world where everyone wants to tear you down. Peter O'Toole's food critic is easily the best villain in all of Pixar's canon. And that food looked soooo delicious!

6. Monsters, Inc.: Here Pixar took concept we're all familiar with (monsters in the closet) and created a hilarious world in doing so. John Goodman and Billy Crystal deliver some of the best voice acting in all of Pixar, and the character of Boo is too adorable for words. A simple, silly movie you can never outsmart, and the tearful ending always sneaks up on you.

5. Toy Story 2: WAYNE KNIGHT...and Jessie's Song is one Randy Newman's best.

4. Toy Story 3: So much better than it had any right to be. Intense ending, good villain, wonderful new toys. Just when they started off the movie with,"Sorry, Woody, your main squeeze Bo Peep got given away like 5 years ago," I knew the people at Pixar weren't dicking around. And Mr. Tortilla Head...nuff' said.

3. The Incredibles: Like Toy Story, this a perfect movie, and it pains me to put it at number. I can't think of a movie that combines believable characters, brilliant and snappy dialogue, and whiz-bang action set pieces with more aplomb and mastery. Not to mention the jazzy big band score by Michael Giacchino which always delights. Brad Bird's skills and talent as a writer/director are on full display here. Not only has he made the best superhero movie of all time (yes, I said it, and I will argue this to the death), he made a movie about a family, rather than a family movie. Why should I care at all about Mary Jane or Batman's dead girlfriend when Mr. Incredible has a wife and three kids to protect?! When I saw the Avengers, I liked it because of how much it reminded me of the Incredibles (the story beats are almost exactly the same). The sequel can't come soon enough.

2. Wall-E: This movie has it's flaws, namely that the first third of the movie is the best part. But it is easily the most visually gobsmacking movie of the bunch. And not only does it manage to tell a straightforward yet thoughtful sci-fi story without the usual bombast of aliens and laser guns, the love story also gets me every time. Around every corner is a surprise, to the subversive anti-corporation mindset, to Hello Dolly musical numbers, to Fred Willard's non-CGI face. And you really do form an intense emotional connection to this damn cartoon robot, and that shows their mastery of animation. It's our generation's 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Lady and the Tramp all rolled up into one. For all these reasons and more, Wall-E is my number 2.

1. Toy Story: Impossible not to put at the top of the list. It had such a profound impact on me as a kid. And watching it today, the design and animation are still brilliant, if a little dated. The writing and acting set the bar and made the blueprint for every Pixar film to come. You can argue 2 or 3 is better than the original for this or that reason, but they're all so close in quality, you've got to give it to the originator.

#85 Posted by sodapop7 (200 posts) -

Pixar Movies I've seen that were bad: Wall-E. I almost walked out.

Brave seemed kind of shallow.

I've pretty much loved all the rest. Some of you people clearly haven't seen Toy Story 2 or A Bug's Life recently enough. Those movies are wonderful.

#86 Posted by chiablo (892 posts) -

OP's list is pretty much on-par with how I would rank them. Cars are horrible movies, Finding Nemo is terrible if you're over the age of 10, and Brave has one of the most baffling morals in any movie ever (you can get away with [literally] murder, as long as you say "I'm sorry".)

#87 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I haven't seen all of Cars 1 or Cars 2, but their use of Larry the Cable Guy makes me want to avoid them. I haven't seen a Bug's Life for a long time and remember very little about it, but I do remember enjoying it quite a bit. Monsters University and Brave are very good movies, but simply not up to par with the rest of the Pixar canon, which is made up of entirely amazing films. If I had to pick a favorite, it'd probably be the Incredibles, with Up very close behind. It's too hard to narrow it down from there.

#88 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -
  1. Ratatouille (my third favorite film of all time)
  2. The Incredibles
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Toy Story 2
  5. Monsters Inc.
  6. Finding Nemo
  7. Toy Story
  8. Bug's Life
  9. Cars
  10. Up
  11. Wall-E

Haven't seen the others and have no intention to.

Yeah, I REALLY didn't like Up or Wall-E. I assume I am now going to get accusations of being soulless. Bring it on, motherfuckers.

#89 Edited by hermes (1349 posts) -
  1. Finding Nemo
  2. The Incredibles
  3. Toy Story 2
  4. Toy Story
  5. Up
  6. Toy Story 3
  7. Monster's Inc
  8. Ratatouille
  9. Cars
  10. Bug's Life
  11. Brave
  12. Monsters University
  13. WALL-E
  14. Cars 2
  15. ...
  16. Planes

1-3 are damn near perfect masterpieces.

4, even when its still a very good movie, its biggest relevance was at the time it was released. It has this spot because its not only enjoyable, but also important.

5-8 are very good movies that have their moments. While they don't share the overall quality of those above them, they all have moments were the genius of those involved shine and they transcend the rest of the movie.

9-12 are fun familiar movies, although they lack that moment of genius. Not at the same level as those above, but are still highly enjoyable and entertaining.

13 In my opinion, this movie is highly overrated. Maybe it was too harsh to put it so far down but, despite its cuteness, I found a lot of problems with it and was mostly disappointed when everyone called it a masterpiece.

14 and 16 are cheap cash ins. There is no way around it. Both have poorly made characters that exist with the only excuse of selling toys.

#90 Posted by Nightriff (4862 posts) -

@banefirelord said:

1. Ratatouille (my third favorite film of all time)
  2. The Incredibles
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Toy Story 2
  5. Monsters Inc.
  6. Finding Nemo
  7. Toy Story
  8. Bug's Life
  9. Cars
  10. Up
  11. Wall-E

Haven't seen the others and have no intention to.

Yeah, I REALLY didn't like Up or Wall-E. I assume I am now going to get accusations of being soulless. Bring it on, motherfuckers.

You don't like Up, that is fine, everyone has their taste in films BUT you have to admit those first 10 minutes are perfect. If you don't then you are soulless motherfucker.

#91 Edited by believer258 (11561 posts) -

I haven't honestly seen that many Pixar movies. I think the last one I saw that I actually paid attention to was Finding Nemo, in theaters.

I've probably seen all of Cars and Wall-E, but never all at once. I think I'll sit down and watch all of Wall-E over Christmas Break. I seriously doubt I'll sit down and watch Cars, though.

I have seen Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc., Bugs Life, and The Incredibles, and all of them were really good movies when I was a kid. I haven't seen them in a long time though.

#92 Posted by Duecenage (205 posts) -

1. Toy Story 3 - I grew up with this series, the first movie is a contributing factor to me becoming an animator. This one tugged at all the right heart strings and nostalgia points.

2. Toy Story 2 - This was a head to head match with Toy Story 3, but one had to ultimately win.

3. Cars - I put it on all the time. One day it could very well surpass Toy Story 2 and 3 for me.

4. The Incredibles - It's just plain awesome.

5. Monsters Inc - Really fun buddy comedy that is good for a laugh.

6. Finding Nemo - Every time I watch this movie I grow to appreciate it more and more.

7. Ratatouille - Great little story, and solidly made. Don't have the urge to rewatch this as much as those higher on the list.

8. Toy Story - the one that started it all, but it's starting to show its age(Though took way longer to do so than Ice Age or early Dreamworks 3D)

9. Cars 2 - A spy movie with cars is pretty fun.

10. A Bug's Life - Can't go wrong with Dave Foley

11. Monsters University - I had set the bar too high based on how much I liked the first one, and thought that an Animal House version of Monsters would be rad. Didn't hate it, just dissappointed.

12. Brave - Stretched too thin on the story, the big moments were lacking. Would've made a nice hour long TV special, but needed more for a movie.

13. Wall-E - Looks amazing, but dull and boring as a movie

14. Up - Saw it in theatres, started off strong, but ultimately no desire to see it again.

As an animator, the faces I get when I say Cars is one of my all-time favourite movies is hilarious!

#93 Edited by Gatehouse (570 posts) -

Pixar are a studio who I used to think were the best in the world not just at animation, but at films in general. Over a good stretch of time, they just kept making absolutely amazing and original animations. Now though, I’m really worried for them.

1. Monsters Inc – I love everything about this film. The brilliant concept behind it all, the characters that I instantly warmed to and a great little self-contained story. I’ve watched this more than any other Pixar film probably (blame my niece) but I never stop adoring it.

2. Toy Story 2 – Expanded upon the brilliant original in the best ways. Side-splittingly funny from beginning to end, it’s one of the best sequels ever made. Jesse’s story is also absolutely stunning.

3. Up – The opening half an hour of this film is simply perfect. Not many films make me tear up, but Up always gets me. Twice. It’s just got a brilliant balance throughout and Carl is just so fantastically cantankerous.

4. Toy Story 3 – Just a brilliant way to finish off what might be the greatest film trilogy ever made. Also, Timothy Dalton is a hedgehog with thespian ambitions and we get Mr Tortilla Man.

5. Toy Story – It may look a little outdated now, but the concept has never been beaten and the characters are just fantastic.

6. Wall-E – The first 45 minutes of this film were just amazing. With only a few lines of dialogue and some brilliant visuals, we get an incredibly sweet tale that turns into a gorgeous love story. Unfortunately, the film does take a dip whenever it’s the humans on screen. If it had just been more of the robots, then it would be right at the tippy top of this list. It still make me want Pixar to make a totally silent movie.

7. The Incredibles – It feels mean putting a film this awesome so far down a list, but that’s just how damn good I think Pixar were. It’s just so much damn fun from beginning to end. Also, Holly Hunter’s voice does things to me.

8. Finding Nemo – I still don’t get the utter love some people have for this film, but it’s still a cracking movie. Dory is a character that really should have been horribly annoying, but somehow Pixar make her incredibly endearing. I really don’t want a sequel though.

9. Ratatouille – I somehow didn't see this movie until a couple of years after it came out, but it's a fun little romp through the kitchens of Paris. Doesn't match up to the rest of Brad Bird's amazing filmography though for me.

10. A Bug’s Life – It’s not stood the test of time as well as Toy Story, but it’s still a really good kid’s film.

11. Cars – I love actual cars and motorsport, but this film never grabbed me at all. It just feels far more of a kids film than nearly everything else Pixar had done until that point.

12. Brave – Easily my biggest disappointment when it comes to Pixar. The original concept art and a female protagonist got me so excited. Then the film came out. Far too young focused and neither funny nor exciting.

13. Monsters University – I never wanted to see how Mike and Sully became friends. They just are! Didn’t help that this was a film directed straight at an American audience (being a Brit, I just find the fraternity system dumb). Just so boring.

14. Cars 2 – The first Pixar film that was genuinely bad, a feat I previously thought impossible. My least favourite world getting a stupid spy film tacked on to it? Nooooo thank you. Kind if broke my heart a bit to see Pixar make this.

#94 Edited by Vitor (2809 posts) -

You people are CRAZY. Remove the first 20 minutes of both Wall-E and Up then tell me that they deserve the top spot. Not even close. Those are by far Pixar's most inconsistent films - unable to strike a balance between heavy handed messaging and pure slapstick humour. They feel like half-measures, too scared to see if the audience would actually have the patience to sit through more than just temporary thoughtfulness so they resort to childish humour, simplistic villains and idiotic plots the moment that they feel your attention might start to waver.

But yeah, Bug's Life has aged POORLY.

#95 Posted by Lemonhead (49 posts) -

1. Toy Story 2

2. The Incredibles

3. Toy Story 3

4. Finding Nemo

5 The rest

#96 Edited by Winsord (1148 posts) -

Toy Story 3 would be #14 for me, even without having seen Cars 2, Brave, Monsters U, Wall-E, and Up. What a terrible, terrible film. Looking over this thread and seeing how highly most people have it ranked sure does confirm how easily emotionally manipulated people are.